+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree17Likes
  • 4 Post By Samuraiko
  • 5 Post By Salvatrix
  • 3 Post By Feendish
  • 3 Post By Salvatrix
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Samuraiko

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: More than 20 Active Dims now, please?

Wink More than 20 Active Dims now, please?

I can see how before, when we didn't have NEARLY as many keys, 20 active dims was a reasonable limit. But with as many as we have now, and as ridiculously creative as the dim community is, can we PLEASE get this limit increased?

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

I keep poking at this. There are apparently server load issues that get exponentially worse by increasing the per character dimension cap, but I have zero insight into specifically why (not being an engineer). But the engineering team is WELL aware of my continued pushing for this to be improved.

If increasing the dim limit by character is impossible to do, maybe you could increase the number of characters by shard?
    Building on an alt is not perfect, but it can be an alternative.
    As an altaolic at max number on my native shard, I would like being able to buy more character slots. I already had to move a toon on another shard, and lost all votes on her dims. Not a pleasant thing.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

While I would love to see the number of dimensions per character increased, I would agree that there are some underlying changes that really need to be made.

I have not been able to copy my main to the PTS since before Nightmare Tide came out (she is at 20/20 full dimensions). I don't know if the number of dimensions contributes to that, but I do know that I now have three characters on Greybriar I can't copy over--two with 20/20, the third with 18/20.

Once I hit 17/20, being able to copy to PTS became unreliable. The last time I attempted a ticket, CS could not even copy my main over. At the time, I was told to make a forum post to try to get the issue resolved (which seems to me to be the wrong thing to tell someone having a problem like this). I haven't pressed the issue because it seems to not be something that would be a priority fix, even though for me it IS a priority and very frustrating to not be able to copy over the character that has the money, notoriety and other currencies to be able to purchase things on PTS that aren't on the 1s vendor.

Having this issue be pretty much blown off all the way around tells me quite clearly what my business means. I think before additional slots are granted to build in, perhaps that data problem (or whatever it is) should be fixed.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    I think before additional slots are granted to build in, perhaps that data problem (or whatever it is) should be fixed.
    Well, yes, this is EXACTLY why the cap has not been increased. There are underlying issues on the server side that are making this very much non-trivial (to quote the engineering team).

If it was just a matter of increasing the number allowed, I could do that in 60 seconds - there is literally a max number of dims variable that is a simple number value. The only thing blocking me is the engineering team shouting "Don't push the red button!".

But I really want to push the red button, so I will keep asking them - at which point both concerns would hopefully be addressed.

Once I hit 17/20, being able to copy to PTS became unreliable.
    So you need to stay at 16 dims max on a toon to avoid problems?
    thank you for the info, good to know it even if I am still far from this limit.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Good to hear you're still pushing for this, hopefully the engineering team will eventually come up with a clever way around this problem.
    Fwob - Zaviel

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    So you need to stay at 16 dims max on a toon to avoid problems?
    thank you for the info, good to know it even if I am still far from this limit.
    Yes, and in the case of my main, I started breaking down dimensions to try to find the sweet spot where I could copy her. Even at 17, I couldn't move her, but I could copy my next alt at 17.

This is with no auctions, and no mail, of course.

My primary question, I suppose, would be if this just applies to copying to PTS, or does it also impact server transfers? I've been on GB pretty much since the day I started playing barring a sojourn on Faeblight to work a guild dim, but I wonder if that would also be affected.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

My primary question, I suppose, would be if this just applies to copying to PTS, or does it also impact server transfers? I've been on GB pretty much since the day I started playing barring a sojourn on Faeblight to work a guild dim, but I wonder if that would also be affected.
    One can suppose this is the visible part of the iceberg... Maybe this causes other problems we can't see, or things we don't think are related. I remember devs saying dims with parts outside the limit were lowering server performance. So dims have a big impact on the game.
    Better to stay under 17 just in case...
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 07-30-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Well, at least you're still trying for us, Tacitus - I do appreciate that.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Telaran

Would really love to see the option to have multiple keys of the same key...

Being able to use dims like anywhere multiple times would be lovely as there are not many empty template keys.

+ Reply to Thread