+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Dear A.H. REX

Plane Walker

Default Dear A.H. REX

Dear A.H. Rex,
    i am sorry to be telling you this way , but I thought it was best for all concerned, We are NO longer an "Item". It has been coming for a while now. In the beginning I didn't mind being the Plat winner. We had fun , you got your plat and I got a good deal on Dim Items and Dim upgrades. I am a poor dimensioneer and quiet frankly your tastes have become increasingly more and more expensive. Knowing you as I do, you will want an explanation. You know how I adore spheres. When we went shopping yesterday you wanted 3,000 plat for your rex. I wanted spheres naturally, they were 6 plat or 4 credits. Yes I know not being a patron bothers you, yet another reason to end this. If I had given you the 3000 plat for a your rex (2.4 plat per credit) I would have ended up paying 9.6 plat for my sphere instead of 6 plat.
    I know you dislike a lot of examples I will give just one more: Increasing a 2520 item count dim to tier 5 cost 4800 plat or 2000 credit. Hmm pay 4800 plat directly or pay 4800 plat to you? I went for directly..
    I feel you are no longer putting our relationship first. We are through !

As for the dimensions we made together you can visit them as often as you like.

I wish you well and know I will always think of you fondly
    Marnth
    Last edited by Marnth; 07-28-2017 at 08:24 AM.
    Silence, there are times when it speaks volumes.

General of Telara

Oh dear, you should really never play on EU... rex was at 4.8k for a while :-D

It's lower now, but rising again (around 3.6k last time I checked). But it's the players who make the prices, as long as people pay those prices, and more, the trend us upwards...

Still okay for people who want soulpacks and stuff that are credit only, but dimension wise it's been a lot cheaper to spend plat directly for a while...

Also building block stashes seem to be really really cheap on most shards... I can get several stacks for the cost of one sphere, and usually end up with more than one ;-)

Edit: and when I need many more, DA chat helps a lot!
    Last edited by Maegwynn; 07-28-2017 at 01:40 PM.
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules" - NEW: Collab with Loveyttsab: "Cinderella" on Mules@Brutwacht!

Thumbs down

Unfortunately it's the people selling them that are the problem, nothing else. Without any price cap set on the AH for selling credits, you'll have people playing with prices as much as they like. Not sure if you've seen it but there was a time when REX were selling for 5k on NA (our shard) and people were actually buying them simply because they had no choice. With how "easy" getting plat has been lately I doubt what these people are even hoping for tbh. But hey, one desperate person buying it at a ridiculous price and you'll have a price set for a while unless hundreds of people magically start selling REX simultaneously for whatever reason.

It's a shame that there's currently no way and no attempt whatsoever to regulate this externally. I have alts on EU and their prices are simply outrageous by NA terms, yet nothing is being done about it either.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Its hard to credit sell these days
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

lols, love this letter. its all true tho. Rex's are just not worth my plat grind any more. I feel ya.
    Naerhya@Greybriar(previous name was Ashlynae) Anaemeah@Greybriar Anaetta@Greybriar Zanae@Greybriar Rhyashianae@Greybriar and Jhasta@Greybriar

https://twitter.com/AshlynaeRift?lang=en

I think there's two things that can be done to help the situation with REX on both region.

1) (and those jacking up the prices won't like this) Introduce a price cap for selling credits on the AH so people couldn't post REX for weird prices like 5-15k with a "norm" of 2500 etc trying to milk desperate people especially during events and promos (which happen to be the times when REX sells for higher prices than usual);

2) Introduce smaller and larger tradable credit packs.
    As it was mentioned before many times, bringing "micro" into "micro transaction" can really work well for both players and the company. Most people tend to spend more on a game when there are smaller price tags along with pricey stuff for whales. Just like selling separate wardrobe slot unlocks along with whole outfit packs would only make more people spend credits on the tab, having smaller credit packs for sale in the cash shop would only drive more people to selling those on the AH, while making it easier for newcomers and those not sitting on thousands of plat to buy some credits for their current needs. Having a larger credit pack on the list would help those who are generally more plat rich to cover their expenses faster. Having all three instead of one (along with a price cap for the largest pack) would also balance out and normalize the prices.

Edit: I've seen other games also having the option to buy and sell "credit" packs via store only. That means, obviously, a set price for every pack, and not having the option to trade them with other players. It has its pros and cons but it's also a once-and-for-all solution for both players and the company. Either way, when credits become expensive enough for people to choose plat purchases over credit purchases (especially those not very interested in loyalty points), something needs to be done to fix it. Thank you Marnth for bringing this up!
    Last edited by Laeti; 07-28-2017 at 05:27 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Dear Marnth

You can always see me and I got your back on every sphere in the world you need.

From someone who loves you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    I think there's two things that can be done to help the situation with REX on both region.

1) (and those jacking up the prices won't like this) Introduce a price cap for selling credits on the AH so people couldn't post REX for weird prices like 5-15k with a "norm" of 2500 etc trying to milk desperate people especially during events and promos (which happen to be the times when REX sells for higher prices than usual);

2) Introduce smaller and larger tradable credit packs.
    As it was mentioned before many times, bringing "micro" into "micro transaction" can really work well for both players and the company. Most people tend to spend more on a game when there are smaller price tags along with pricey stuff for whales. Just like selling separate wardrobe slot unlocks along with whole outfit packs would only make more people spend credits on the tab, having smaller credit packs for sale in the cash shop would only drive more people to selling those on the AH, while making it easier for newcomers and those not sitting on thousands of plat to buy some credits for their current needs. Having a larger credit pack on the list would help those who are generally more plat rich to cover their expenses faster. Having all three instead of one (along with a price cap for the largest pack) would also balance out and normalize the prices.

Edit: I've seen other games also having the option to buy and sell "credit" packs via store only. That means, obviously, a set price for every pack, and not having the option to trade them with other players. It has its pros and cons but it's also a once-and-for-all solution for both players and the company. Either way, when credits become expensive enough for people to choose plat purchases over credit purchases (especially those not very interested in loyalty points), something needs to be done to fix it. Thank you Marnth for bringing this up!
    There should never EVER be a cap on anything on the AH. It is supposed to be a completely free market. If a person prices a REX too high, no one will buy it and they will end up paying the AH fees. If a person does buy it - that is the choice of the consumer.
    When I buy a REX to sell, I am attempting to get as much Plat for my RL money as i can. I am not doing it to help someone else get credits. Trion should stay out of this issue and let the market sort it out on its own.
    Dim's On Deepwood: Abandon Ship! // Kish and Zill's Summer House // Ice Age // The Fourth Seal // Kishauwau's Retreat // Riverboat Carnival // Lv-426 // Plants VS Zombies Tribute (as Zillisha) // Dim Items Museums (as Zillox)

Quote Originally Posted by Zillaan View Post
    There should never EVER be a cap on anything on the AH. It is supposed to be a completely free market. If a person prices a REX too high, no one will buy it and they will end up paying the AH fees. If a person does buy it - that is the choice of the consumer.
    When I buy a REX to sell, I am attempting to get as much Plat for my RL money as i can. I am not doing it to help someone else get credits. Trion should stay out of this issue and let the market sort it out on its own.
    I agree with this 100%, demand and supply will always form the appropriate market price. On EU it's higher, probably because demand is much higher than supply here. A lot of full F2Pers from countries where 10€ is worth a full day of work etc.

What I do agree with tho, is that tradable credits should be available in different sizes. Like splitting your REX into 5x250 credit “mini REX“.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

When I posted that I pretty much knew that those disagreeing would also be those who don't care about anything except for how much plat they'd get for their cash. The only thing you guys seem to forget about is that with the current population, when you're jacking up the prices, you end up not selling anything at all.

And here's the thing. You spend a fixed amount of cash on one REX every time you buy it (so it's not like you need more plat for it because you spent more - you just want more plat for a fixed amount of your cash because why not). So if an AH cap seems unfair to you (while trying to milk people for more and more plat doesn't lol) then moving REX sales to the store and removing it from AH\player to player trading is completely fair from both sides.

You spend a specific amount of cash every time you buy a REX - you get a specific amount of plat, no more no less, every time you sell it. Not fair because you suddenly can't get more without spending more? Well, maybe you should rethink your definition of fair then :)

You seem to forget why it is so important that REX is left on the AH as it is.
    When I used to play WOW, there was no form of sell-able credits (that may have changed now), and the chat channels and my mailbox were filled with adds from gold sellers. Bots were everywhere, and accounts were hacked constantly.
    When I came to Rift, these things were almost non-existent. I attribute that to the existence of a legitimate way to "buy" plat. Basically puts the gold sellers out of business
    Also - if i wanted a specific amount for a specific cost I would buy credit packs.
    As for your other comments, I am not sure why you need to get personal and assume i am being greedy. Not all people who buy REX are "whales". Some of us scrape together enough money to buy a REX, can you blame us for wanting to get as much as we can? Then we turn around and spend all that plat putting together a museum as a resource for fellow Dimmers. But i guess that is milking people....
    Dim's On Deepwood: Abandon Ship! // Kish and Zill's Summer House // Ice Age // The Fourth Seal // Kishauwau's Retreat // Riverboat Carnival // Lv-426 // Plants VS Zombies Tribute (as Zillisha) // Dim Items Museums (as Zillox)

You seem to forget why it is so important that REX is left on the AH as it is.
    When I used to play WOW, there was no form of sell-able credits (that may have changed now), and the chat channels and my mailbox were filled with adds from gold sellers. Bots were everywhere, and accounts were hacked constantly.
    When I came to Rift, these things were almost non-existent. I attribute that to the existence of a legitimate way to "buy" plat. Basically puts the gold sellers out of business
    Also - if i wanted a specific amount for a specific cost I would buy credit packs.
    As for your other comments, I am not sure why you need to get personal and assume i am being greedy. Not all people who buy REX are "whales". Some of us scrape together enough money to buy a REX, can you blame us for wanting to get as much as we can? Then we turn around and spend all that plat putting together a museum as a resource for fellow Dimmers. But i guess that is milking people....

There is nothing personal in talking currency trades, just business.
    I'm still curious though, how exactly is paying the same amount of cash every single time and expecting different amount of plat in return any fair? I'd understand it if you paid a different amount for REX every time, obviously that would mean you're entitled to an appropriate amount of plat in return. But if you're paying the same, why isn't the same amount of plat with a set rate fair to you?

Also not sure how selling REX through the store instead of AH makes any difference with plat sellers. I'm still getting those mails, they're still there trying to sell their services. If I had to farm plat to buy a REX from the store instead of the AH (but always knowing exactly how much plat I'm going to spend), what difference would it make for plat sellers?

So if it's about you wanting as much plat from others for the very same cost you're paying for each REX, why shouldn't I feel entitled to get it for a fixed price that I can rely on just like you're relying on the same price for it in the cash shop, instead of trying to get more and more plat because REX sellers are constantly trying to jack up the price for a service they are not paying more for?
    Last edited by Laeti; 07-30-2017 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    When I posted that I pretty much knew that those disagreeing would also be those who don't care about anything except for how much plat they'd get for their cash. The only thing you guys seem to forget about is that with the current population, when you're jacking up the prices, you end up not selling anything at all.

And here's the thing. You spend a fixed amount of cash on one REX every time you buy it (so it's not like you need more plat for it because you spent more - you just want more plat for a fixed amount of your cash because why not). So if an AH cap seems unfair to you (while trying to milk people for more and more plat doesn't lol) then moving REX sales to the store and removing it from AH\player to player trading is completely fair from both sides.

You spend a specific amount of cash every time you buy a REX - you get a specific amount of plat, no more no less, every time you sell it. Not fair because you suddenly can't get more without spending more? Well, maybe you should rethink your definition of fair then
    So if I read you correctly, you want a fixed price because you want cheap REX.
    Seems you are on the buyer side...
    But the true reason for REX price going up is easy to understand: It is because we now need more and more plat to play (fragments say hi!), and every way of farming plat ingame was nerfed.

So this has a direct effet: the value of plat has gone up, and selling REX is the best way to get plat. So it is normal that REX sellers don't sell them the same price as last year, because last year we were all swimming in plat, and now plat is more and more long to farm.

The real value of plat makes the price of REX, and if REX sells, this means the price is fine. Offer and demand rule and balance price.
    You can't put a cap on AH price, because REX price is not the same on every shard, and on NA and EU side.
    Selling plat in the store would be more expensive than current AH REX, and you would end with a black market worse than now.

You have only one way to lower REX prices: un-nerf the plat gain ingame.
    Up trash loot on mobs (and put it back on instance trash mobs), and lower the plat cost needed for every upgrade of gear.
    But I don't see it coming soon.
    The way things are now, some people pay real cash to buy REX, some people who have a lot of plat buy the REX, the REX seller uses his new plat to buy stuff, and the REX is used for credits to buy things in shop. This system is perfect for TRION, they get cash from the REX and some thousand plat disappear from the game in the process. So plat is made rarer and rarer, its value increases, and so does REX value and REX demand...
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 07-30-2017 at 08:11 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, ŕ la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Absolutly agree with you Zillaan !!!!!!!.... Thank you, couldn't say it better my self!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    So if I read you correctly, you want a fixed price because you want cheap REX.
    Seems you are on the buyer side...
    But the true reason for REX price going up is easy to understand: It is because we now need more and more plat to play (fragments say hi!), and every way of farming plat ingame was nerfed.

So this has a direct effet: the value of plat has gone up, and selling REX is the best way to get plat. So it is normal that REX sellers don't sell them the same price as last year, because last year we were all swimming in plat, and now plat is more and more long to farm.

The real value of plat makes the price of REX, and if REX sells, this means the price is fine. Offer and demand rule and balance price.
    You can't put a cap on AH price, because REX price is not the same on every shard, and on NA and EU side.
    Selling plat in the store would be more expensive than current AH REX, and you would end with a black market worse than now.

You have only one way to lower REX prices: un-nerf the plat gain ingame.
    Up trash loot on mobs (and put it back on instance trash mobs), and lower the plat cost needed for every upgrade of gear.
    But I don't see it coming soon.
    The way things are now, some people pay real cash to buy REX, some people who have a lot of plat buy the REX, the REX seller uses his new plat to buy stuff, and the REX is used for credits to buy things in shop. This system is perfect for TRION, they get cash from the REX and some thousand plat disappear from the game in the process. So plat is made rarer and rarer, its value increases, and so does REX value and REX demand...

I literally said nothing about wanting cheap REX. So please don't put words in my mouth unless you can quote me. A fixed price so any buyer could always be sure they need to farm X amount of plat to get one - yes; cheap - no. Also, to someone "cheap" is 950p, to someone else it's 3K, so that's completely irrelevant. As for a "black market" - make it bop and there would be no black market. People seem to have forgotten about all those who "earned" thousands and thousands of plat selling referral REX that they literally spent 0 money on, talk about making money out of nowhere. Now it's one thing when the price floats because the economy in the game has changed, and a whole different thing when people start selling REX for 5k instead of 2 just because there's a weekend sale or a new promo event and everyone wants those boxes. So, no, I do not want "cheap" REX. I want to stop relying on other people's definition of "value" of something they've paid a fixed price for just because for some reason they think they're entitled to get more and more in return.

As for everything else - I completely agree. Plat as a currency has been screwed over in this xpac and combined with other things it doesn't look good. There has to be more ways of getting plat without turning into a human bot, and what's even worse is that people have suggested so many great ideas on how to make it work, but there's zero attention to any of them. But it's as you've said - it's unlikely this would change anytime soon. But I also don't see people start "making" thousands more plat all of a sudden just because somebody on some AH thought 5k is a good price for a REX from now on. Especially new players - if there's any left - why would they even bother? I know I wouldn't. With numerous controversial decisions one after another it's already difficult to think of "staying no matter what". If f2p folks lose the option to get credits via REX when the prices become too much, that won't just be bad for f2p folks, it'll be bad for the company as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast