+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lynx3d

Thread: TinkerTools Saved Sets

Default TinkerTools Saved Sets

Hi guys and gals,

Not long ago, I had to reinstall my computer. I saved all my files as usual, only it was my first time transferring TinkerTools. When I logged back in after the reinstall, despite having all the other addons and their data perfectly transferred, my TinkerTools saved sets were nowhere to be found.

After a bit of digging online, I understood there was an export/import feature within TinkerTools, and I'm wondering: Should I have exported my saved sets before the reinstall? Does TinkerTools not save its own data like the other addons?

I'm asking now because I have a whole new set of saved sets since then and I wouldn't want to lose them, so I figure I should back them up.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or maybe you can tell me what I've done wrong? I'll be following Feendish's tutorial for exporting the file, but would like any advice if there's something I'm not getting.

Cheers, thanks!

~ Gwedhiel Zavira Warik ~

NEW! Visit my blog The Daily Gwed, for fashion inspiration and dimension touring expeditions!

General of Telara

TinkerTools saves it settings including saved sets just like any other addon, because there is no other way to do it. Settings are saved account specific, so it should be in Interface/Saved/<your_account>/SavedVariables/TinkerTools.lua
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Thanks Lynx.

So, I guess that means something went wrong with just TinkerTools when I reinstalled. Figures. lol :/ I swear, I did a copy/paste of all my files onto the stand-alone hard-drive we have.

Anyway, I'll be sure to back that file up though, just in case!

~ Gwedhiel Zavira Warik ~

NEW! Visit my blog The Daily Gwed, for fashion inspiration and dimension touring expeditions!

+ Reply to Thread