+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Laeti
  • 1 Post By Kitasia
  • 2 Post By Nouvae
  • 1 Post By Lynx3d
  • 1 Post By Laeti

Thread: NT crafted items and Cross-Shard Dimension list (questions)

Question NT crafted items and Cross-Shard Dimension list (questions)

So I have two entirely unrelated questions for our Dimension Devs :)

1. NT crafted Dimension items and materials

There are currently crafted items that require NT crift mats. Those mats are almost non-existent on the AH, and NT crifting isn't relevant anymore so - I assume - very few people actually do it. I can solo NT crifts but getting all the required mats even for one single item would take weeks because of the drop rates and quest cap. Not to mention I only have one toon that can effectively solo them and getting a full group where everyone has a lure would be a huge pita. So the question is:

Are there any plans to either change the mat requirements for NT crafted items, or - which would be better and probably easier - add those items to the store for direct purchase?

Personally I'm missing on a few items because of this, and not because I don't have the recipes for them but because even those who do can't craft them for me (I can't provide them with mats). I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue. I'd love to see the old NT crafted items in the store somewhere.

2. Are there any plans on bringing back Cross-Shard Dimension list?

I know there've been certain issues with that and it got removed until it's fixed. I was wondering if it's still on the list because with certain additions it's still a very nice idea.

Those additions (IMO) should be as follows:

- Weekly list sorted by weekly votes, properly updating of course (same way it works now but region-wide)
    - All Time Public list sorted by - also - weekly votes, while having all-time votes in brackets.

There are currently two issues with All Time list that may screw it up for many people: some shards having the All Time entry bar set too high comparing to others (which would result in lots of dims not even making it to the list if the system stays the way it is now); and also lots of dims built years ago taking all the highest positions in the list, preventing the newer builds from even appearing anywhere near the top of the list. Both issues can be easily solved by sorting dims by relevancy instead of all time votes.

I assume the vote updating was exactly the reason this was pulled off, but I hope it can be fixed and added back to the game because in that short time it was active I managed to tour many amazing dims that I normally wouldn't have time to visit (and I do believe I wasn't the only one:D)

Thank you!
    <3
    L
    Last edited by Laeti; 07-17-2017 at 07:03 PM. Reason: grammar is not my thing
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

I would also like the planer dw items to be looked at. I do have all the recipes but can not make them because the items are no where to be found any more

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    So I have two entirely unrelated questions for our Dimension Devs

1. NT crafted Dimension items and materials
    Would really appreciate these crafting items available in the store or other ways. Also, wouldn't mind seeing the planar crafting stations in the store as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    2. Are there any plans on bringing back Cross-Shard Dimension list?
    This is on the PTS right now. When I briefly tested it the Cross-shard sections did not update right away, they updated when the servers were restarted after the recent PTS patch rolled out (which tells me it is set up to be a weekly update).

The other lists, Public Weekly and Public All Time function just as they do now, updating right away.

I'm looking forward to having access to the cross-shard list even if it updates once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post

The other lists, Public Weekly and Public All Time function just as they do now, updating right away.
    Does All Time list work the same as pre-region wide? As in, sorted by all time votes or relevancy?

Because honestly without relevant sorting there's really no point in having it cross-shard at all :( I mean pretty much everyone knows all the top dims on each shard by now, no point in having them all chunked together in a region-wide list if newer dims are either on the bottom or aren't even there at all.

General of Telara

I asked about the planar crafting recipes a while ago on Discord, from what I remember the answer was that it'll be reviewed eventually. That was long enough ago to ask for a status update I guess.

The crafting stations also drop from current crafting rift, so I doubt they'll be put on the store.

About the dimension list, I think Brasse said something about the search becoming cross-shard in the near future, but not 100% sure I understood that correctly...
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    I asked about the planar crafting recipes a while ago on Discord, from what I remember the answer was that it'll be reviewed eventually. That was long enough ago to ask for a status update I guess.

The crafting stations also drop from current crafting rift, so I doubt they'll be put on the store.

About the dimension list, I think Brasse said something about the search becoming cross-shard in the near future, but not 100% sure I understood that correctly...
    Thank you!

A cross-shard search would be most welcome as well.

+ Reply to Thread