• 1 Post By Jaedor
  • 1 Post By Aurowyn
  • 1 Post By Jexie
  • 1 Post By Aurowyn
  • 1 Post By Kiwi
  • 1 Post By Gwed

Thread: Avalon

Default Avalon

Built for explorers, Avalon has six famous objects from the legends of King Arthur's time: Merlin's crystal cave, the sword in the stone, a standing stones ring, early Camelot, the round table and the entrance to Avalon.

The build is medieval in style, with low magic flair. Apart from the specific things listed above, the remainder of the build is environmental flavor. Hopefully it evokes for you a sense of old Britain's mystery and potency.

~Jaed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Avalon-2017-07-09_125834.jpg  
    Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer, City Library, Breached Chamber, Dolcega Hotspot
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Avalon! My all time favorite place in the world! My favorite re-telling of the King Arthur saga is "Mists of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley. She does an amazing job of bringing the story to life!

I can't wait to visit your Avalon dim, Jaedor!

Years ago, I made a small Avalon dim on my alt Caladria on Faeblight, called Ynys Afallach.

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Your Avalon dimension is a beautiful interpretation of the King Arthur stories. You've created an enchanting world featuring the most memorable locations from Arthurian legend. I enjoyed how you created the dimension as a path to Avalon, including the most epic objects as landmarks and a few other story-embellishing stops along the way. And I love how you used effects in such a subtle way (like the wisps marking the magical locations) to make the atmosphere feel mystical, enchanting, even mesmerizing. By the time I reached the cove where I could see Avalon across the water, I wanted to go there so desperately!

This is a wonderful dimension and I hope visitors will take time to fully explore it, especially people who are lovers of the King Arthur stories, like I am. Kudos, excellent work!

Discover my wacky dimensions tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel, Brutwacht, and Gelidra. Visit the
    Dimension Touring Co., an official RIFT™ fansite for dimensionerds and dimension lovers,
    at www.dimensiontouring.com. I would love to visit your dimensions, so please invite me!

You truly created the mystical feel that is always associated with Avalon and the King Arthur legend.

When I visited your dim last night, I turned my UI off in order to fully immerse myself and to feel as if I am walking through ancient lands.

The Stillmoor music is perfect for this build. You also paid great attention to detail. The decor, the wisps, the round table, the sword in the stone, the gypsies near the lake... and then I saw it... there in the distance, through the mists... Avalon!

AMAZING! I had goosebumps! LOVED IT and I highly recommend a visit!

Great build, so immersive... love the forest, the village, the eerie mist... It feels real, and strange like a dream at the same time.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, à la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Sword of Telara

I totally forgot to leave a comment here! I went visiting a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it! I wanted to call the mists to get a passage to Avalon... I imagined Arthur getting stabbed by his own son in a fight close to the lake... I love the atmosphere you created, it was magical and placed me right into the stories (the epic book by marion zimmer bradley especially, since I have re-read it just recently).

Great work!
    Last edited by Maegwynn; 07-17-2017 at 08:50 PM.
    Alliandre - Brutwacht
    My Dimensions
    New! "Tartaros" and "Tick Tock" by Alliendre, "A Dragon's Treasure" by Luisa and "Vogelzug" by Jaodya

That round table is awesome! Wonderful atmosphere all throughout the dimension and the details in the castle and courtyard are wonderful.

Far, Far Away by Nouvae on Hailol -- My Latest Dimension * Dimension Gallery * YouTube * Twitter

Thank you all so very much for your kind words! Most of all I am delighted that you tapped into the environment that I wanted to create. Thank you all! <3
    Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer, City Library, Breached Chamber, Dolcega Hotspot
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Gorgeous! Have you done set design? So beautifully laid out. So much to see. I especially love the town outside the walls, down by the beach.
    Alternate Greybriar names. Kyriann, Ellowyn, Ellowen, Xanadu, Myschief, Dynamite, Feradar.

I like the way this looks from the screenshot. Where is it located?
    - Jexie of Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Jexie View Post
    I like the way this looks from the screenshot. Where is it located?
    It's on Greybriar
    Alternate Greybriar names. Kyriann, Ellowyn, Ellowen, Xanadu, Myschief, Dynamite, Feradar.

Thanks Aurowyn. I was a theatre major in college but haven't done set design per se. Thanks for the compliment and for pointing Jexie to the right shard.
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Ascendant

Your story telling in here was simply breath taking Jaedor, every corner turned tranquil and picturesque. The lighting and sounds luring you in just like the mists of Avalon.

Perfectly staged right down to your use of terrain paints and angles of every plant and rock, incredibly thought provoking. I loved the light with the rose on the lady of the lake altar

Loved this dim, Jaedor. I don't know if you've ever been to England, but the legend of King Arthur seems to vary a lot as to where and how it occurred. Everyone wants a piece of it! ;) That said, here's a photo of the round table from the great hall in Winchester: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...WpmbWY0SHZ2blU (Sigh, the IMG function doesn't seem to want to work for me anymore. :/ )
    Last edited by Gwed; 09-24-2017 at 12:26 AM.

~ Gwedhiel • Zavira • Warik ~
    Now open to visitors and for role play: The Inn at Gustav's Cove O-RP by Gwedhiel, on Zaviel EU
    NEW! Visit my blog The Daily Gwed, for fashion inspiration and dimension touring expeditions!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwed View Post
    Loved this dim, Jaedor. I don't know if you've ever been to England, but the legend of King Arthur seems to vary a lot as to where and how it occurred. Everyone wants a piece of it! ;) That said, here's a photo of the round table from the great hall in Winchester: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...WpmbWY0SHZ2blU (Sigh, the IMG function doesn't seem to want to work for me anymore. :/ )
    Thanks Gwed, I have been to England but it was years ago. Thanks for that picture! When I was contemplating how the round table might have actually looked at 600 AD, I figured it would be simple but well made, with craftsmanship making the statement rather than a lot of ornamentation.
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

+ Reply to Thread