+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By Afarra
  • 1 Post By Afarra
  • 1 Post By Boase

Thread: New Dim- Soggy Bogling Bar & Grill

Soulwalker

Default New Dim- Soggy Bogling Bar & Grill

I am happy to announce the soft opening of the Soggy Bogling Bar & Grill, owned by Minxee of Faeblight.

Inspired by a few of my favorite old Florida hang-outs throughout the deca...um...years; Weathered old unpainted cypress buildings, held together with second hand finds and determination. Open-air BBQ pits, house-made secret hot sauce on picnic tables and a stage just big enough for a duo that got along very well.

I wanted to play with terraforming and took the rest of my inspiration from some of my favorite things about the area I live in now. Airboats and mudding are the most popular Saturday afternoon activities here, especially now it's rainy season. Everything is draped in moss, growing ferns and covered in creeper vines that can't be stopped until the rains stop. Nothing like a good Florida summer afternoon thunderstorm, though. Just ask my puppy...

So, please do pop in, drop a coin in the pinball machine, hit the buffet or go exploring the swamp in the rain

Soulwalker

Default oh yeah!

should also mention: All the doors are the new working doors. If a door is closed it will open. Check the windows, too...about half of them work as well.

Be warned, there is a LOT of moving water, so you might turn your sounds down as well as turning music off. I enjoy the sounds, though. As one sneak peek visitor said "it's immersive'

General of Telara

Nice work, I like the atmosphere you created (although that isn't really the kind of place I'd hang out in RL)

Just one oddity. When I entered it, it had the sky from the Precipitator (I presume). Only when I went way north basically outside your build, it suddenly changed to a foggy sky. But then it stayed no matter where I went. I entered a second time just to make sure it wasn't some loading glitch, but same thing.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Very nice rainy atmosphere. I loved the attention to detail here. There's even a fluorescent lamp under the dartboard roofing, and a flickering one for the scoreboard, and I weirdly enough appreciated the trash and storage area in the back :P
    Also loved the pinball machine. It's the first time I've personally seen a pinball machine and claw machine in Rift! Had to stare at them for quite a while :)

Soulwalker

Thanks, I am probably more proud than I should be of the pinball machine. I had fun building the walk-in freezer with the broken door as well. If you catch the window in the door just right it looks for all the world like condensation running down the foggy glass. What an awesome accident! I mean...I meant to do that! LOL

As for the issue with the rainy v. foggy sky, it might be because I have both the heavy fog projector and the rain layered in there. Without the fog it was just a sun shower. I wanted the full on Florida thunderstorm. The steamy afternoon deluge...perhaps at the far reaches they do battle?

One of my inspirations still stands and looks much the same as it did in the way way back, when AC was something a business advertised because it was still a luxury; not the necessity we view it as today. It's all bright and shiny for the tourist trade now, though

http://www.snookhaven.com/home.html

Still a great place to hide with a cold beer during an afternoon storm

Quote Originally Posted by Afarra View Post
    Thanks, I am probably more proud than I should be of the pinball machine.
    No way..you SHOULD be that proud, it is awesome!! You did a perfect job creating a steamy, muggy Florida atmosphere (I was glad to be touring sitting in an air conditioned room! haha)

Love all the details (dart board light was brilliant!) Really great build! Kudos!
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

I really liked the pinball machine!

The atmosphere outside is very mysterious with my preset I'm working on

T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

I had such fun exploring your dimension! I lived in Florida for several years and you really captured the rainy, humid, overcast, waterlogged, kudzu-smothered, alligator-infested atmosphere I remember. I love your soggy swamp setting along with the detailed rustic build, fun games, kitchen features (like the pantry, grill, and freezer), and the kitchen crew! I swear I got some real bug bites and had to dodge a couple of water moccasins finding the place! Kudos on a great job!
    Last edited by DimensionDiva; 07-07-2017 at 10:31 AM. Reason: None of your business!

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

You've made a really nice transformation of Karthan Ponds dimension! I enjoyed my visit to the bar, the pinball machine is awesome, and the kitchen too. Great work, looking forward to seeing more of your dimensions.

Oh what a sweet doggy!

And well, I don't live in Florida, but I do live in the south (North Carolina) and it does get steamy here as well (and rainy). We have some swampy areas around and I am sure we have bars like that around here, too LOL

I just loved the whole atmosphere here. I felt like I was soaked after spending a few minutes in your dim, so I made a run for the Bar, ordered a cold one and played some pinball! LOL

LOVE that pinball machine! Man, back in the 80's, before computer gaming, that's what we did, played Donkey Kong, Pinball and threw darts. Your details are amazing and so realistic.

Oh and great job on the buffet and the "toy grab" machine.

And LOL at the walk-in freezer... someone better close that door!!!

Awesome dim!! Truly enjoyed my visit!

Fantastic! Loved it. I like the spilled grapes and the pinball machine is AWESOME! The kitchen details—ventilation hoods, fridge/freezer, screen door, pass-through, the trash bin... loved it all. Great use of items in nontraditional ways too.

~ Gwedhiel • Zavira • Warik ~

NEW! Visit my blog The Daily Gwed, for fashion inspiration and dimension touring expeditions!

+ Reply to Thread