+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By polynomia
  • 3 Post By BlazingOctopus
  • 1 Post By BlazingOctopus

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Large Scatherran cliff bug or feature?

Default Large Scatherran cliff bug or feature?

Hey, it's me, complaining again /wave

I am using Large Scatherran Cliffs as ground in a dimension, but to my great annoyance, my character floats above them which looks completely wrong.
    It gets worse the more I scale it up, which is sorta problematic as I need a very large area.
    It is almost like there is some sort of invisible barrier above it.

Any chance this could be removed from the Scatherran cliffs (they all seem to have this issue) or should I regard this as a feature ;)

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

Default Cliff diving.

Hi polynomia,

Thanks for pointing that out, this will be improved in an upcoming update. The collision models are optimized for open-word use and need to have precision adjusted for dimensions.

Blaze

Awesome, thank you very much

I suspect many other of the new cliffs, ledges etc has the same issue as the few I chose to use.
    Would it help you if I did some testing and made you a list with the names of all the ones I find with the same issue?
    Last edited by polynomia; 06-29-2017 at 08:10 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polynomia View Post

I suspect many other of the new cliffs, ledges etc has the same issue as the few I chose to use.
    Would it help you if I did some testing and made you a list with the names of all the ones I find with the same issue?
    I can help a bit on this one...the Large Xarth Cliffs have a wonky collision where you sink into the rock, not float above it. This is very noticeable at larger scales (and since these are a large flat rock, I use them at max scale every time).
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

I will try to test all the new cliffs, ledges etc from all zones tonight and post a list here sorted by name and type of wonkyness

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

Default Please do!

Hi all, thanks for the finds, yes, please post any other problems to the forum and we'll get to them as soon as we're able.

My findings so far among the stuff that I imagine could be used to walk on.
    I placed them and set them to max size so the floating/sinking was easier to see when I walked around on them:

Thedeor’s spear
    ( I have been a slacker with these guys and cannot get the stuff that needs honored and above)
    Small Hellscape Rock clump 02 – character sinks into the rock in some places

Saint Taranis:
    Medium Badlands Rock 01 – character sinks in some places and floats in other
    Medium Badlands Rock 03 - character sinks into the rock at one end
    Medium Badlands Rock 04 – character floats at one end
    Medium Badlands Rock 05 - character sinks into the rock at one end
    Medium rusty Badlands Rock 01 - character sinks into the rock in the middle part
    Medium rusty Badlands Rock 02 - character sinks into the rock at the top part
    Medium rusty Badlands Rock 03 - character sinks into the rock in various places
    Medium rusty Badlands Rock 04 - character sinks into the surface
    Small Badlands Rock Clump 01 - character sinks into the surface in places
    Small Badlands Rock Clump 02 - character sinks slightly into the surface in places
    Kobold Steps – character sinks into the surface at the top and floats near base and sides
    Kobold Dais - character sinks in some places and floats in other

Bailghol:

Xarth Cliff 02 – character sinks in at one end and floats in other areas
    Large Xarth Cliff – character sinks in many places
    Xarth Rock Bridge - character sinks in some places and floats in other

Feilbocan:

Scatherran Rock Bridge - character sinks in some places and floats in other
    Large Scatherran Cliff – character floats everywhere on the top surface
    Scatherran Cliff 01 - character floats everywhere on the top surface
    Scatherran Cliff 02 - character floats everywhere on the top surface
    Large Scatherran Rock 04 - character sinks in some places and floats in other
    Scatherran Ledge 01 – character floats in some places

I think that the Scatherran and Xarth Cliffs are the ones most likely to be used at a very large size in dimensions as ground (in case you can only fix a few at a time)
    Last edited by polynomia; 06-30-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Edited, I figure out the issue. I had a Circle Pond Surface and a Wide Terrace pond stacked on each other. Perhaps it was too much for the reflections to handle, so it made the cliffs appear where I didn't want them to. Once I got rid of the Circe Pond Surface, the problem went away.
    Last edited by bridgestew; 07-05-2017 at 08:15 AM.
    Dimensions on Faeblight
    Out of Bounds | Zea`Lynn the Emerald Feend | Matter of Life & Death

Quote Originally Posted by bridgestew View Post
    Edited, I figure out the issue. I had a Circle Pond Surface and a Wide Terrace pond stacked on each other. Perhaps it was too much for the reflections to handle, so it made the cliffs appear where I didn't want them to. Once I got rid of the Circe Pond Surface, the problem went away.
    I think that must be a different issue.
    The floating/sinking of the rocks and cliffs listed, is constant regardless of surroundings and persists even in a completely empty dimenson.

The large Scatherran cliff looks like it has been fixed now, haven't checked the other ones yet.

Thank you so much

Just saw a Kobold Dais in someone elses dimension and wanted to leave a comment.

Either it is way worse that I remember it and havent yet been fixed, or else something went horribly wrong during the fixing.

Theres is a huge invisible chunk at the top that protrudes so you float quite high above it.

Just FYI

+ Reply to Thread