+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Lynx3d
  • 1 Post By Kitasia
  • 6 Post By BlazingOctopus

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Large Ornate Platform Bug

Default Large Ornate Platform Bug

Hello dimensioneers and dimensionerds!

I am currently in the process of building a new dim on my alt, Zavira, and would like to know about the Large Ornate Platform. I bent over backwards to secure myself 4 of these, but now that they are in place in my dim, I realize there's an "invisible bubble bug" that makes chars appear to go up in the center of it.

This irritates my vile warlock, because she expects to look *down* on the peasants and victims that appear in her throne room, but they actually rise before her, and she's giving me a fair bit of grief over the situation.

What it looks like to me, is that the platform is mirroring its own shape, as the underneath part of the platform is dome-like, and it seems that is exactly how the "invisible bubble" shows on the top part.

I've gone through the forums, and not found anything on the subject. Any suggestions? Should I bring this up in a different thread to let the devs know?

Thanks for any info/advice!

Cheers!

Gwed

~ Gwedhiel Zavira Warik ~

NEW! Visit my blog The Daily Gwed, for fashion inspiration and dimension touring expeditions!

General of Telara

Indeed, I just checked mine. There's an insivisble bump in the middle. The underside doesn't seem to have collision at all. It doesn't look mirrored to me though, the bump on top is rather small in diameter.

From what I remember, this object is taken from Tower of the Shattered, the final duct to the endboss area, so that's probably why, you get lifted up there when you step on the platform.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    Indeed, I just checked mine. There's an insivisble bump in the middle. The underside doesn't seem to have collision at all. It doesn't look mirrored to me though, the bump on top is rather small in diameter.

From what I remember, this object is taken from Tower of the Shattered, the final duct to the endboss area, so that's probably why, you get lifted up there when you step on the platform.
    Well, that certainly makes sense, though I wish it wasn't so! :/ You're right, it is smaller than the underside. Maybe I should bring this to a dev thread? See if there is something to do about the item in future?

Thanks for taking the time to answer Lynx.

NEW! Visit my blog The Daily Gwed, for fashion inspiration and dimension touring expeditions!

Hehe ya that darn bubble . I used it on the floor in my guild dim at the biggest size and was like umm why am I on top of my tables. I ended up moving my tables and placeing a fountain in the middle to try to cover the bubble area hehe

Rift Disciple

Now that you mentioned it...

oh man this is going to drive me insane
    Dimensions on Hailol

(~NEW~) Pumpkin Spyce Cottage - Search Winter to find my dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by Winter17 View Post
    Now that you mentioned it...

oh man this is going to drive me insane
    Sorry!! lol

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

Default Flipping platform!

Fix for this is in the queue, will be in an upcoming update.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingOctopus View Post
    Fix for this is in the queue, will be in an upcoming update.
    Wahoo! This just made my day! I decided to pretend the bug wasn't there, except Zavira insisted I raise the dais for her throne so the peasants had to grovel. The platform is simply too pretty as the floor to her throne room. Thanks for the update!

And thanks to the dev team for sliding it into their never-ending queue. <3

Just wanted to mention, I went into my dim with the large ornate platforms and the invisi-bubble is gone! The surface is nice and flat! Thanks dev team!

+ Reply to Thread