+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Dimension Contest: It Takes a Village

Default Dimension Contest: It Takes a Village

It Takes a Village...

~ Description ~
    Telara has loads of things living on it right? Outside of Mathosian, High Elf, Dwarf, Bahmi, Kelari and Eth, shocking right? Yes other things live in Telara and do not get the love and show casing they should get. When boglings, seacaps, kobolds, shapers, rocs and more clock out from a day of terrorizing Telara, they go home to there families and villages. This dimension contest is to show those villages of the Rift critters.

~ Challenge ~

Create a fresh build village dimesion that showcases how a certain creature of Telara lives. (example: Bogling, shaper, seacap, terrormaw, roc, troll, goblin, satyr, werewolves, bohami, centaur, etc etc.). Really show how they live there day to day life when they are not terrorizing everyone else, show there homes, parks, amenities of the village, like city hall, a school, whatever your creative mind creates.

~ Dates ~
    Contest opens today, June 20th. And contest closes October 22nd. Dimensions have to be closed until this time. Dimensions open up on October 23rd, Judges will then take peeks into all the dimensions and a winner will be named about a week later.

~ Prizes ~

(These are subject to change as I collect more goodies but as of right now)

1st place - REX + 5th Anniversary Racing Snail + Dimension Cache
    2nd place - 5th Anniversary Racing Snail + Dimension Cache

The dimension cache can be an assortment of high end dimension items, dim keys or one of the wonder boxes.

~ The Rules ~

This is open to all NA & EU shards.

1. This is a personal dimension contest only, and fresh build. There are no dimension limits, you can use any dim key, any item amount, go crazy to your hearts content with the item choices.

2. No groups allowed, this is just what one person creates. The prizes are individual, so would hate for you to figure out who gets what. So easier to make it a individual challenge.

3. All entries must stay closed until October 22nd 11:59pm PDT. On October 23rd 12:00am PDT dimensions can be open to the public and people can go check out your villages. October 24th if they are not open you will be disqualified. Between October 27th -29th KelariCuddles will stream all the entries submitted to show case all your awesome work. If you need to open your dimension early, understand people have real lives too, just make sure to contact myself.

4. One entry per person please. All entries must be submitted via this thread.

~ Judging Criteria ~

Theme: (15 points) Well goes it fit the theme, will we judges be able to look right at it and be able to tell hey this is a bogling village, or hey this is a seacap town.

Composition: (20 points) How much of the dimension key did you use, how cramp is the down, is there plants, is everything spread out, does it mesh well or look like a Pollock paint with rift items.

Skill: (10 points) Did you use pre made buildings or did you make things from scratch?

Creativity: (25 points) How creative did you get with your village? Did you add other amenities, small details, decorations, planar items, how life like is the town, or does it look like a model town?

Preference: (10 points) This is the judges score, how much did they personally like your dimension.

~ How to Enter ~

Name:
    Shard:
    Dimension Name:
    Rift Creature:
    Description: (tell us a little about the town, what are the main attractions or landmarks)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you need to contact me in game, name is NalyviaCarrion@Faeblight

NA SHARDS

GREYBRIAR

Name: Getchasome
    Shard: Greybrair
    Dim Name: A Toasty Township
    Rift Creature: Caldera Denizens (fire folk)
    Description: Fire in the Sky above Charmer's Caldera. Bring Fireproof Boots and your mounts won't be happy here either. Unless you like them making you go swimming in lava.

Name: Xaii
    Shard: Greybrair
    Dim Name: Sky Haven (Vengeful Sky)
    Rift Creature: Humanoids, Merfolk, some random sheep...
    Description: A small haven built by refugees. There is a school ("In my day we had to walk up a mountain to get to school!"), cute crooked houses, a forge, farm, vendors, huntsman, moonshine still, underwater homes and special guest appearances by Eamon and Nessie!
    Spoiler!

HAILOL

Name: Vyk
    Shard: Hailol
    Dim Name: Uneasy Truce
    Rift Creature: Boglings/ Mathosian
    Description: Suspicions arise when a short distance from a thriving market village is a hamlet a little less fortunate.

EU SHARDS

ZAVIEL

Name: Arlie (Odiana's Alt)
    Shard: Zaviel
    Dim Name: Captown
    Rift Creature: Seacaps
    Description: (to follow)
    Last edited by MissMimic; 10-16-2017 at 09:13 PM.

Great idea, but you might get less interest than you want with cosey cottages running until September 1st. And the rewards for that one is big dollar! Feendish has some dodgy links with the mafia to pull those kind of numbers. You might want to consider delaying it?
    Last edited by Refuge; 06-20-2017 at 08:09 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Default thank you for hosting this

Dim contests are a blessing whenever they are run, they can spark different players imaginations in different ways... and honestly, it shouldn't be about the prizes that come from winning, or about winning at all... it should be about building something from the heart that you the builder enjoy.

While there are many who like to build houses, I have seen just as many villages. I think this is a great theme. I hope you get a good turn out, and I myself will be seriously considering entering this contest.

I like the idea very much, it's actually very different from the CC3 contest and can definitely attract a different type of builders (probably also the RP folks), while both have enough time for one person to enter and build simultaneously.

I agree with Poly, for dedicated builders contests aren't about getting the prize, it's more about getting a new idea that comes from someone else and building it with your own unique vision in mind; accepting a challenge to build something that you might not have the motivation to build without a competition; getting your build out there but also looking at what other people come up with within the same time frame and description. I mean we can all go out there, buy a REX, or a dim box, or even a mount, it's not because we so desperately want the prizes that we enter contests, it's much more than that, prizes are just a welcome bonus in this case :)

Best of luck to all who enter! Whoever builds a Kelari village - you're already my favorite (jk you're all my favorite)

Wow, what a great idea for a theme!! I will *hope* to finish my cottage in time to do this one too...would be a great challenge!
    Dims by Blythe@FB: Heat Miser & Snow Miser - Margaritaville - Winter's Garden - RP Rustic Pub - Weekend Log Cabin - Brasse Beards 'n Ale - Starry, Kelari Sands

Default :(

Love the idea of contest, so pity i can't enter ..only for NA

Quote Originally Posted by Loveyttsab View Post

Lovey, if you are interested in building on an NA alt, and need items, please don't hesitate to ask. I'd be happy to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveyttsab View Post
    I am in the process of finding out how I can give out prizes on EU so I can open it up to EU. I have character on the EU shards trying to find out how Rex and buying things over there works. Once I find out then I will open it up to EU.

Just need to find out if I can buy a Rex on the eu shards like I do on the na shards and if the tusker codes work the same on NA on EU

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MissMimic View Post
    I am in the process of finding out how I can give out prizes on EU so I can open it up to EU. I have character on the EU shards trying to find out how Rex and buying things over there works. Once I find out then I will open it up to EU.

Just need to find out if I can buy a Rex on the eu shards like I do on the na shards and if the tusker codes work the same on NA on EU
    That's all the same :-)
    Alliandre - Brutwacht
    My Dimensions
    New! "Tartaros" and "Tick Tock" by Alliendre, "A Dragon's Treasure" by Luisa and "Vogelzug" by Jaodya

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklynn View Post
    Lovey, if you are interested in building on an NA alt, and need items, please don't hesitate to ask. I'd be happy to contribute.
    Thank you very much Sparklynn!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissMimic View Post

Credits and codes are account/region - wide, so you can safely give out Creator codes on any region and shard, same goes for buying boxes (you can buy one on an NA shard, then log on EU and buy one there). As for REX, depends on how you're buying it - if you're using plat, then unfortunately you would need to have enough plat on the region you're giving it away on (cross-shard trading works, so you can trade it from any character!), that's a bit tricky since EU prices are much higher and getting enough plat on EU without any help can be a process. If you're using cash to buy a REX - then, again, you can buy it on any region.

Got all my answers I can open the contest to EU shards as wel

Id like to place-hold an entry...

Name: Zillisha (Zillaan's Alt)
    Shard: Deepwood
    Dim Name: (to be announced)
    Rift Creature: Skeleton

I will update this info as it is decided. My 12 yr old Stepson will be helping me as a creative consultant. He is very excited - lol. It is not a true collaboration as I will be doing all of the actual building. I hope that is ok and doesnt break the contest rules.
    Dim's On Deepwood: Abandon Ship! // Kish and Zill's Summer House // Ice Age // The Fourth Seal // Kishauwau's Retreat // Riverboat Carnival // Lv-426 // Plants VS Zombies Tribute (as Zillisha) // Dim Items Museums (as Zillox)

Quote Originally Posted by Zillaan View Post
    Id like to place-hold an entry...

Name: Zillisha (Zillaan's Alt)
    Shard: Deepwood
    Dim Name: (to be announced)
    Rift Creature: Skeleton

I will update this info as it is decided. My 12 yr old Stepson will be helping me as a creative consultant. He is very excited - lol. It is not a true collaboration as I will be doing all of the actual building. I hope that is ok and doesnt break the contest rules.

Children as creative consultants is totally fine with me.

ooooooo a skeleton town. curious to see what they have in there town.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast