+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Dimension Contest: It Takes a Village

Quote Originally Posted by Shaarlys View Post
    Hello, nice timing !
    I have a littre idea for dimension. I register that the project is progressing
    if you want to submit to this, you should, would be nice to see whatever people are working on.
    Villages are easy to make imo
    but its all the details of the village that sets them apart.

Shadowlander

Hello
    Small question, there are Naga in Rift?
    Last edited by Shaarlys; 08-20-2017 at 06:23 AM.

Default Plane of Water

Hello
    Yes they are crawling all over as NPC's in the Plane of Water and elsewhere.
    Phineousfingers on Twitch - Phonybologna, Pintseyes, Oopsupside and Getchasome@Greybriar. Tourists on every PvE shard, NA and EU. Lots of free items available for the asking.
    All Public dimensions are on Greybriar; flagged (PBJ) *for Phonybologna's Junk.

Shadowlander

Thx Frappenguy.
    Work in progress !!!

Hello
    yeah sorry did not see this before, but yes there are nagas, easy to find ones are in plane of water, but there are some in shimmersand as well. But seems people answered the question already, so thank you those who answered.

PRIZES HAVE BEEN UPDATED!!!!

1st place - REX + 5th Anniversary Racing Snail + Dimension Cache
    2nd place - 5th Anniversary Racing Snail + Dimension Cache

The dimension cache can be an assortment of high end dimension items, dim keys or one of the wonder boxes. Have gotten lots of nice donations on these dimension items, so lots of nice things you get your hands on to use, or sail for plats.

I'll update all this information when I decide more on a name and whatnot

Name: Coldsprite
    Shard: Greybriar
    Dimension Name: To be determined
    Rift Creature: Artifact Thief Squirrels
    Description: Squirrels in Telara used to live a normal, squirrel life. But one day, the unexpected happened, threatening the very fabric of reality changed their lives forever. Now, the squirrels fight a desperate, hidden fight for the future of Telara. (More to come later).

*Disclaimer - I know nothing about Rift lore.*

Quote Originally Posted by Coldsprite View Post
    I'll update all this information when I decide more on a name and whatnot

Name: Coldsprite
    Dimension Name: To be determined
    Rift Creature: Artifact Thief Squirrels
    Description: Squirrels in Telara used to live a normal, squirrel life. But one day, the unexpected happened, threatening the very fabric of reality changed their lives forever. Now, the squirrels fight a desperate, hidden fight for the future of Telara. (More to come later).

*Disclaimer - I know nothing about Rift lore.*
    then let us be glad no one will judge you for not knowing rift lore. ^.^
    *hands loads of books to Coldsprite*

Shadowlander

Default Xaii's entry - Sky Haven

Name: Xaii
    Dimension Name: Sky Haven (Vengeful Sky)
    Rift Creature: Humanoids, Merfolk, some random sheep...
    Description: A small haven built by refugees. There is a school ("In my day we had to walk up a mountain to get to school!"), cute crooked houses, a forge, farm, vendors, huntsman, moonshine still, underwater homes and special guest appearances by Eamon and Nessie!

PLEASE NOTE: Graphics must be pretty high setting to see everything. There is a lot of terrain paint and effects. . Be sure to go up hills, under water and behind houses

Sky Haven:

War had come to Telara. A war not of the races that inhabited Telara, but of powerful beings from the planes. People whispered of a place where Ascended were taking a stand and had begun to flock to join them. Not only to support the Ascended in any way they could, but to try to find a place of safety for their families as well.

Naia and her family were one such group. They had packed up all of their belongings, including items to rebuild her husband’s forge. As they passed down the muddy road, they were joined by others. Some families, some individuals, but all with the same goal. Soon they had become a caravan, growing ever larger as they made their way to the coast and the large ships that awaited to carry them to the far lands still held safe by the Ascended.

Several ships sailed that day, full of refugees. They set across a vast ocean on a bright spring morning full of hope. A week into their journey the seas became rough and the sky began to darken in a most unnatural manner. One of the crewman let out a yell and heads turned to the sky where an enormous ball of fire could be seen growing bigger and bigger as it came towards them. Mothers grabbed their terrified children and held them close as the flames lit up the stormy skies.

A chunk of the Comet of Ahnket slammed into the ocean in a fiery mass, throwing up gigantic waves that tossed and battered the ships. Everywhere there were people grabbing ahold of the rails, masts, rigging, anything they could to keep from being swept over the sides. Waves slammed into the decks and washed a few unfortunate souls away into the depths.

The force of the impact cracked the ocean floor, causing the waters to begin to drain away. Storms raged. Seas boiled. The battered ship carrying Naia and her family was tossed until at last it came to rest with its few survivors in what used to be an underwater crater. Great mountains tower around a small lake. Beyond this small haven lies the exposed ocean bed, with few scattered bodies of water being all that is left of the once majestic ocean.

Skilled tradespeople, noblemen and women and simple farmers all found themselves united in survival. Their ship lay broken on the bottom of the crater lake. They knew there was no chance of getting to the Ascended as they were. So they worked hard to rebuild their lives where they landed, in hopes that the Ascended would be victorious and someday find them.

A small colony of merfolk had survived in the bottom of the newly made lake. Some wanted to kill the land dwellers, blaming them for the disasters. Others were curious about them. The Queen knew that they could not survive without the good will of the newcomers. Their watery home had shrunk to almost nothing. So she decided to help the land dwellers by salvaging their ship of wood and items so that they could rebuild a little easier. In return, the land dwellers would be respectful of the waters and not take more than they could spare. They would live in harmony and balance.

The god Tacitus had come down to see what had happened to the oceans and saw this small but brave group of people struggling in a foreign and barren place. He saw their good hearts in how they made peace with the merfolk. So he walked among them as a simple dwarf, sowing seeds wherever he went. Grass, flowers, trees, fruits and vegetables sprang up as he passed. He came upon the home a rough bahmi was building. He looked at the structure, muttered to himself, "silly bahmi, you are too tall for this door, you will knock yourself sillier than you already are!" He raised the lintel of the doorway when the man wasn't looking, then wandered off to a corner of the crater. He looked back one last time, nodded, then disappeared through a mysterious wooden doorway draped with ivy. No one has ever been able to open this door but here the people pay grateful tribute to this very day for the gifts the god Tacitus bestowed upon them.

Among the survivors were several clever mages such as Naia. So if you see a few anomalies in this place they have named Sky Haven, just remember, with a little magic and imagination, anything is possible… even toilet paper!
    Last edited by Daementia; 10-24-2017 at 03:31 AM.
    Dims on Greybriar: Phoenix Ascending's guild dim (Tuldio Sun Orb), listed under my Main (Xaii) Asian Tea House, Riftwarts, Halloween Home. newly opened Sky Haven. My alt Daementia: Xaii's Castle Dim (castle is on top of a glacier)

i like the sound of random sheep.
    baa

Just so everyone knows Humanoids are welcome, if you want to make a elf village you can, but they should be living with someone else as well that is a humanoid.

Like Mathosian and boglings
    Elves and Treants
    Dwarves and Shamblers
    Kelari and goblin

just to give examples. I do welcome humanoids, but want you to get creative and have others live with them.

Shadowlander

the other critters are living in the lake so you will have to swim down to see them I adjusted the story accordingly
    Last edited by Daementia; 09-22-2017 at 12:21 PM.
    Dims on Greybriar: Phoenix Ascending's guild dim (Tuldio Sun Orb), listed under my Main (Xaii) Asian Tea House, Riftwarts, Halloween Home. newly opened Sky Haven. My alt Daementia: Xaii's Castle Dim (castle is on top of a glacier)

Quote Originally Posted by Daementia View Post
    the other critters are living in the lake so you will have to swim down to see them I adjusted the story accordingly
    loch ness monster?
    swamp thing?
    the fog?
    ....other water thingies i cant think of?

lol :P

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by MissMimic View Post
    loch ness monster?
    swamp thing?
    the fog?
    ....other water thingies i cant think of?

lol :P
    lol!!!! Merfolk. (Mermaids, Mer dudes, random fishies....)

If I had not run out of item limit it would have been fun to have sumpin Nessie-like lol!

I added them into the story above and the line that has the inhabitants
    Last edited by Daementia; 09-26-2017 at 05:22 AM.

loch ness would be cool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast