+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree687Likes

Thread: Contest: Cozy Cottages 3!

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    Unfortunately, yes, even if those sets are of your own creation. I'm working a test build now and beating my own face into a wall because I have to make a LOT of new stuff.
    I'm so tempted to link every youtube video I can find of Nelson saying "ha ha!"...

Though seriously, I still feel a bit uncomfortable about that closet I did for my Lórien dim using a mahogany bookcase, although the rules didn't explicitly forbid it, I actually made sure no one posted one on dimensionaddicts that looks similar. It somehow inevitably looked similar to the ones you like to use a lot...even just coming up with a material combination you haven't tried before becomes hard if you keep knocking out your houses like that

So good luck everyone with designing new furniture looks, I feel like this contest is out of my league, neither furniture nor completely transforming landscapes is my cup of tea...
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    I'm so tempted to link every youtube video I can find of Nelson saying "ha ha!"...

Though seriously, I still feel a bit uncomfortable about that closet I did for my Lórien dim using a mahogany bookcase, although the rules didn't explicitly forbid it, I actually made sure no one posted one on dimensionaddicts that looks similar. It somehow inevitably looked similar to the ones you like to use a lot...even just coming up with a material combination you haven't tried before becomes hard if you keep knocking out your houses like that

So good luck everyone with designing new furniture looks, I feel like this contest is out of my league, neither furniture nor completely transforming landscapes is my cup of tea...
    Don't be too hard on yourself, your Lorien dim is one of my absolute favorites, it's very elegant and pretty, and though I can't say I ever check any new shared sets (so can't judge the similarity) it's absolutely natural, with so many builders and a limited amount of materials, that some things might remind of someone else's creation. Especially when it comes to plain structures!
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Shadowlander

Hi
    We can use construction blocks ?
    I hope i have time for this contest !

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaarlys View Post
    Hi
    We can use construction blocks ?
    I hope i have time for this contest !
    Normal building blocks are perfectly fine. Not even I am that much of a sadist...
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The DTC: Dimension Tours - Building Tips

Baradara@Greybriar

What an interesting contest.
    I love transformations, decoration and morphing, but building houses from scratch is not my cup of tea.
    I did it only once, and found building a very simple house was a difficult thing for me. I managed to make what I had in mind, but I don't feel like I can enter a contest like this. Doing another house would take me months ^^

I'm sure the pros here will make wonderful homes
    Can't wait to visit!

PS: the redneck house in your signature is incredible. I visited it, it felt so real. Like a 3D picture taken IRL. And so many creative morphs there.
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 06-21-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, ŕ la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    Normal building blocks are perfectly fine. Not even I am that much of a sadist...
    ...said Feendish taking notes for CC4...

Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

After a night of sleep and looking at the (far so maybe enough for me) september deadline, I think I will try it
    Beacuse I love terraforming, so I will make something simple, but play with terrain and try more advanced furniture morphing.
    Thank you for another contest, they give us motivation to try different things

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, ŕ la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

I am so excitedCan not wait to see what you all create

The thing I like about this contest is that we have to come up with new ways of using things and building things such as furniture etc in brand new ways. I know its going to be a challenge for myself but I never really got into using others morphs anyways, so I think for me that rule is a stroke of luck (maybe) lol. I think finding the best dim to fit the scene is one of the hardest things for me! I really take my time to find the best key and that is like creating my toon's appearance all over again because it takes me FOREVER to do. lol

I do truly appreciate the time frame on this contest though, and I'm grateful for it. I think if it were a shorter time I would not enter. So thank you DTC for that.

Oh and I seen your redneck greatness to Feendish, Loved it!! Loved the solar panels!
    Last edited by MissGreen; 06-22-2017 at 03:10 PM.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Heya!

First off, thanks for the kind remarks about the double-wide, I had a TON of fun making it.

Now for the bad news...

The new windows and doors that are interactive are not permitted for use. The official rules will be updated to reflect this, since those items were added after the contest began.

Baradara@Greybriar

Soulwalker

Name DarkDominion
    Shard: Typhiria
    Dimension Name: Summer vacation home.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDominion View Post
    Name DarkDominion
    Shard: Typhiria
    Dimension Name: Summer vacation home.
    Thank you for the entry!

Baradara@Greybriar

Still a noob at this but I will give it a try:

Main character: Thezene (contact)
    Dimension build via alt: Grimmsie
    Shard: Typhiria EU
    Dim name: Snowed In

Last edited by Grimmsie; 08-26-2017 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmsie View Post
    Still a noob at this but I will give it a try:

Main character: Thezene (contact)
    Dimension build via alt: Grimmsie
    Shard: Typhiria EU
    Dim name: (not yet decided)

Thank you for the entry!

Baradara@Greybriar

Default Question

Are doors, windows and walls, not listed in the store allowed? such as the Mathosian reinforced door, Lava boat captain´s door, transit system door, stained glass window, treasure room wall and so on? Really, anything not under the store tab?
    Hidden Gem By Zeamage@Gelidra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast