Name: Morrganna
    Dimension name: My Dream Log Home
    Shard:Feablight

my childhood dream that i would have loved to own
    Thank you for the entry.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The DTC: Dimension Tours - Building Tips

Baradara@Greybriar

Well, what the hey. I'll give it a shot. Thank you Feendish!
    Name: Gothess
    Dim Name: Viking Outpost
    Shard: Hailol

Happy building, errbody!
    **Bank Access** is a dimension created to help fellow Rifters and is found on every NA shard. Deposit, withdraw, craft and parse at anytime in a serene and peaceful setting!
    Ravenfaire-Gothess@hailol. Dims: Greenwood, Argh You Ready, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle by the Sea

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrain View Post
    Well, what the hey. I'll give it a shot. Thank you Feendish!
    Name: Gothess
    Dim Name: Viking Outpost
    Shard: Hailol

Happy building, errbody!
    Thank you for the entry!

Baradara@Greybriar

Default question

say you want to use a set you created and has been on rift addicts does that disqualify you?

Question: can premade buildings be used as a background decoration? Not as part of the cottage build itself, obviously, but to create atmosphere by adding them to the dimension as a background, decor, etc?

Say I'm building a cottage but then use certain premade buildings around the dim to make it look like the cottage is part of a bigger settlement?

Thank you!
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Question: can premade buildings be used as a background decoration? Not as part of the cottage build itself, obviously, but to create atmosphere by adding them to the dimension as a background, decor, etc?

Say I'm building a cottage but then use certain premade buildings around the dim to make it look like the cottage is part of a bigger settlement?

Thank you!
    I would also like to know if this is allowed.
    I want to place some buildings in the distance that you can't actually reach or enter, but only if it's allowed ofc

Quote Originally Posted by polynomia View Post
    I want to place some buildings in the distance that you can't actually reach or enter, but only if it's allowed ofc :)

^ this; for the buildings I was planning to use in my idea, you can't even enter them, their purpose is purely decorative, you wouldn't be able to reach them either unless - maybe - you use the bouncemaster; so hopefully in this case we could use them:)
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by polynomia View Post
    I want to place some buildings in the distance that you can't actually reach or enter, but only if it's allowed ofc
    Buildings as part of the background are acceptable. Buildings should not be part of the entered house in any form.

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Refinn View Post
    say you want to use a set you created and has been on rift addicts does that disqualify you?
    Unfortunately, yes, even if those sets are of your own creation. I'm working a test build now and beating my own face into a wall because I have to make a LOT of new stuff.

I did see a post in dim chat the other night about modifying a shared set and then claiming it as your own, and I suppose that someone can try that, but I really wouldn't recommend it, unless the set is modified to the point of being unrecognizable--in which case you've then created your own morph.

If you have a set that you loaded in a friend's dimension that was never put on a set-sharing site, I've agreed to let that stand, because it was never shared publicly, but I made the determination regarding sets on DA as a blanket thing, regardless of who was the originator.

To be clear, however, I love the set sharing ability of DA, and I strongly encourage people to upload some of their work after the contest has ended. For a new builder (and sometimes an old one), the sets can be a valuable tool when it comes to learning how to morph, or learning about item usage in a way that's convenient.

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Refinn View Post
    Unfortunately, yes, even if those sets are of your own creation. I'm working a test build now and beating my own face into a wall because I have to make a LOT of new stuff.

I did see a post in dim chat the other night about modifying a shared set and then claiming it as your own, and I suppose that someone can try that, but I really wouldn't recommend it, unless the set is modified to the point of being unrecognizable--in which case you've then created your own morph.

If you have a set that you loaded in a friend's dimension that was never put on a set-sharing site, I've agreed to let that stand, because it was never shared publicly, but I made the determination regarding sets on DA as a blanket thing, regardless of who was the originator.

To be clear, however, I love the set sharing ability of DA, and I strongly encourage people to upload some of their work after the contest has ended. For a new builder (and sometimes an old one), the sets can be a valuable tool when it comes to learning how to morph, or learning about item usage in a way that's convenient.

ty much feendish for replying hugs

Default ok you got me

I can't help it, I gotta redeem myself from my last attempt lol

Roadkillpanda (Faragon)
    Server-Deepwood NA
    Key-Karthan Ponds
    Name-Among the Stars

Cool

Wow what a generous prize pool! Thanks DTC and Devs for another fun contest!

I haven't been able to enter many contests lately due to life stepping in, but since this one has a lengthy time frame, count me in!!
    Not sure of the theme yet but
    Raynastar@faeblight

I think it will help me get a move on this just by entering now Thanks again for the contest! Looking forward to seeing some awesome builds! Good luck everyone and may we all have hair left by the end of this! haha
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by Faragonx View Post
    I can't help it, I gotta redeem myself from my last attempt lol

Roadkillpanda (Faragon)
    Server-Deepwood NA
    Key-Karthan Ponds
    Name-Among the Stars
    Thank you for the entry!

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    Wow what a generous prize pool! Thanks DTC and Devs for another fun contest!

I haven't been able to enter many contests lately due to life stepping in, but since this one has a lengthy time frame, count me in!!
    Not sure of the theme yet but
    Raynastar@faeblight

I think it will help me get a move on this just by entering now Thanks again for the contest! Looking forward to seeing some awesome builds! Good luck everyone and may we all have hair left by the end of this! haha
    Good luck, and I've got your name in.

Baradara@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast