+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By swordkata
  • 1 Post By forbiddenlake
  • 1 Post By Clowd
  • 1 Post By SonoMoenia
  • 2 Post By Fridged
  • 1 Post By Mordrahan

Thread: Workable Dimension doors- coming soon.

General of Telara

Default Workable Dimension doors- coming soon.

For those who don't discord, someone posted some dev chatter on the general forums. So we are getting interactive opening/closing doors..Yay.

https://www.thegharstation.com/2017/...gh-end-of-may/
    Korvac the conquerer.

This is not guaranteed. Emphasis on testing and feedback:
    The current door is a test of effort (time) needed to make them on my end and whether or not the functionality as it is is desired enough with the restrictions that exist (canít be scaled, will default to closed when placed, etc). Other aspects like cost, exact art asset, etc are all placeholder.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    The current door is a test of effort (time) needed to make them on my end and whether or not the functionality as it is is desired enough with the restrictions that exist (canít be scaled, will default to closed when placed, etc). Other aspects like cost, exact art asset, etc are all placeholder.
    Hi, i'm the one who posted the dev chatter. Forbiddenlake is correct, this is a test of a work in progress system. There is no indication when/if this will go live. The last I heard, art assets for additional doors were created in preparation for 4.2, but they have not been turned into dimension items quite yet.

I believe this is on PTS right now (not sure how to get it though), so be sure to go there and check it out.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Nice little sets of posts here. It's great that people like Swordkata is reading up on and getting excited about things - and sharing them. Also cool that ForbiddenLake and Clowd are helping clarify.

Whether we get working doors soon, later, or really not in the foreseeable future - it's cool to see excitement and informative discourse.

I like you guys.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Its also letting us know he will most likely not be able to make any more so the style he chose was the most neutral he could find to try and please as many of us as he could...

...something else interesting on Discord is that a neutral style of window is also in consideration.

Shadowlander

Default Doors and windows

I would just be happy with NEW styles of doors and windows! I don't care if they are interactive or not, mainly due to the fact I want to be able to scale them. How about just allowing us to walk through them instead?
    We have not had new doors or windows since they came out
    Such as, french doors, Sliding glass doors, Screen doors, stained glass doors would be lovely!! Just to name a few. I am tired of using 49 to 58 pieces to build a door when space is limited in a dim and so expensive.
    But Thanks for the effort!! Please keep these ideas in mind as well!
    Last edited by Fridged; 06-21-2017 at 07:12 AM.

Rift Disciple

I would love to see the current doors we have in game have an option to make them walk-through.
    Ryaj@Faeblight
    Dim enthusiast and RPer

Quote Originally Posted by Freneticfangs View Post
    I would love to see the current doors we have in game have an option to make them walk-through.
    With doors that can be opened or closed this is no more necessary.

But this would be an interesting option for all carpets and banners, because some can be walked through, and some not. Having them all same and choosing the option would be a nice change (and fun to build traps and secret doors).

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, ŗ la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

+ Reply to Thread