+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Frappenguy

Thread: Error with account bound dim items and placing in an alt's dim

Default Error with account bound dim items and placing in an alt's dim

So I don't usually dim. Please help me understand how this works.

I get one Sera - Stationary dim item on every character. I want to add more Seras to my (free-range) angel farm. So I create a character, get Sera out of the mail, and join my main's dim and try to place her.
    I get the warning that placing the item will mean the item no longer belongs to me, and that's OK, so I click Ok. Then it fails because it's soulbound? The tooltip says account bound!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    So I don't usually dim. Please help me understand how this works.

I get one Sera - Stationary dim item on every character. I want to add more Seras to my (free-range) angel farm. So I create a character, get Sera out of the mail, and join my main's dim and try to place her.
    I get the warning that placing the item will mean the item no longer belongs to me, and that's OK, so I click Ok. Then it fails because it's soulbound? The tooltip says account bound!
    With account bound items, send the item to the character that owns the dimension, then have that character place it.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

I hate Soulbound Dim items period, I don't get why they are in the first place anyway. I made a storage Dim on an alt for buildings... But NOOOOO, one building I have is soulbound so I can't store it in there with all the other buildings and so it has to be put in a dim all by itself. Think of the Dim Items! They get lonley too you know
    Last edited by Honoun; 05-24-2017 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Reasons

Active Dimensions - Mupi's Home

Lightbulb Soulbound / BoA

Quote Originally Posted by Honoun View Post
    I hate Soulbound Dim items period, I don't get why they are in the first place anyway. I made a storage Dim on an alt for buildings... But NOOOOO, one building I have is soulbound so I can't store it in there with all the other buildings and so it has to be put in a dim all by itself. Think of the Dim Items! They get lonley too you know
    I have had the same issue and it is just a matter of putting the item in a shared vault or mailbox and getting it to the alt that owns the dim to place or remove.

There are Soulbound items because of the Loyalty, Artifact and Puzzle set unlocks, etc.

The thing to do with the storing soulbound items, that you haven't put into a build, is to put them all into a Public TAPLAP or WTT (give-away or trade drop dim key) and they then cannot be removed from the list except by you.
    Last edited by Frappenguy; 05-24-2017 at 08:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread