+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jamalji
  • 1 Post By Maegwynn
  • 1 Post By Maegwynn

Thread: LF ideas on kitchen faucet

Default LF ideas on kitchen faucet

Good Morning!

I'm finishing up a small sink I've created and am struggling a bit with the faucet/fixtures. One of the dimension sites suggested something called Desert Decoration (a chandelier), which presently isn't available.

Ideally I'm looking for something to replicate a gooseneck style but in a pinch I will try anything.

Thank you in advance!

Shield of Telara

the desert decoration is not a chandelier, you can find it probably in the ah, from minion boxes (8 hrs) and in the shop under dimensions - decoration for 4 p if nothing else helps

but there are a lot of other possibilities too, I'm just not too much of a kitchen appliance maker to give you good ideas about that

edit: dimension touring just had two tipps and tricks shows about kitchens that could maybe help you, you can find them on youtube...

Part one
    part two
    Last edited by Maegwynn; 05-09-2017 at 02:22 AM.
    Alliandre - Brutwacht
    My Dimensions
    New! "Hiding" by Kattima, "Bogling Infestation" by Samrahia, "Tartaros" by Alliendre

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

If you don't want to use the Desert Decoration, you can also try an Eth Crystal Shrine. The biggest caveat with that one is hiding the bulk of the shrine to use one of the arms.

LF ideas on kitchen faucet-2017-05-09_065500.jpg

You can also use teapots with the teapot hidden, normal building blocks, and my personal favorite, the S-Curve Connector. With everything but the building blocks, you need a bit of space in the wall behind the sink to hide the excess:

Building blocks on an island sink:
    LF ideas on kitchen faucet-2017-05-09_065942.jpg

An S-Curve Connector:
    LF ideas on kitchen faucet-2017-05-09_065849.jpg

For more ideas, if you haven't already, maybe try /join dimensionaddicts@Deepwood. If you're on EU, it's /join dimensionaddicts@Zaviel.

Hope that helps.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The Dimension Touring Company: Dimension Tours - Building Tips
    Tips 'n Tricks Live! Saturdays @ 1100 AM NA Server

the desert decoration is not a chandelier, you can find it probably in the ah, from minion boxes (8 hrs) and in the shop under dimensions - decoration for 4 p if nothing else helps
    Thank you for pointing that out. I bought two, shrunk them and they are now my faucet handles.

For the spout, I'm currently using one of the signs, iron sign I believe it's called. So the faucet I created is two different colors which is going to bother me endlessly. The S-curve connector is an intriguing idea.

Though as I was doing this sink, a thought occurred to me: when did I get indoor plumbing? What started as a simple farm idea is starting to enter a modern era. Why have a sink in the first place? Where will my dirty dishwater go? Where exactly do I bathe?

Shield of Telara

Problems creating new problems ... :-D

A guildmate made an old time farm without plumbing, he just put a bucket or basin with water in the kitchen.

Oh yes... +outhouse and it was near a lake, though there were possibilities to bathe in the house... it was just hard work to heat the water, putting it in a larger tub and removing it later ;-)
    Last edited by Maegwynn; 05-11-2017 at 03:01 AM.
    Alliandre - Brutwacht
    My Dimensions
    New! "Hiding" by Kattima, "Bogling Infestation" by Samrahia, "Tartaros" by Alliendre

A guildmate made an old time farm without plumbing, he just put a bucket or basin with water in the kitchen.
    That's where I think this is heading Maegwynn. Total deconstruction.

+ Reply to Thread