+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lynx3d
  • 1 Post By Feendish

Thread: Ideas for garden plot I'm developing-Greybriar Shard

Default Ideas for garden plot I'm developing-Greybriar Shard

Good Morning Everyone!

I have a dim that I'm hoping to develop into a hobbit looking farm. The name is Moonshade Pools by Kitsunetsuki on Greybriar Shard.

I'm looking for ideas for a little garden plot and wanted to know what you would do.

Come visit! The plot is up a hill and will place some sort of lantern there as a landmark.

Cheers and looking forward to your ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamalji View Post
    Good Morning Everyone!

I have a dim that I'm hoping to develop into a hobbit looking farm. The name is Moonshade Pools by Kitsunetsuki on Greybriar Shard.

I'm looking for ideas for a little garden plot and wanted to know what you would do.

Come visit! The plot is up a hill and will place some sort of lantern there as a landmark.

If you'd like to see what I've done as a garden in my own Moonshade dim, visit Raelskye's Refuge on Faeblight - zone in, hang a left up the hill, cross over the top most pond. You'll see a stone enclosure up there.

If you're more interested in an actual farm, visit Pre-Shade Ardenburgh on Faeblight - ride down through the town and out through the main gate, through the forest, and hang a left. You'll see a few farm fields right next to the vineyard.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

If you'd like to see what I've done as a garden in my own Moonshade dim, visit Raelskye's Refuge on Faeblight - zone in, hang a left up the hill, cross over the top most pond. You'll see a stone enclosure up there.

If you're more interested in an actual farm, visit Pre-Shade Ardenburgh on Faeblight - ride down through the town and out through the main gate, through the forest, and hang a left. You'll see a few farm fields right next to the vineyard.
    I looked for both dims on the Faeblight Shard and it would not pull up in the search, but I just teleported to Faeblight.

If my main/alts are on another shard,do I have to do a character transfer? I didn't think I would have to.

General of Telara

Teleporting to another shard does not change anything. The auction house, mail and dimensions are still from your home shard.
    Adding access to dimensions on other shards didn't quite work out and was reverted again, but it only included the top list and not the search anyway.
    However any level 1 character access dimensions, so it's literally only a few clicks to make a character on Faeblight to visit dimensions there.

Back to the Hobbits, somehow I have to think of delivering mail and pies without getting caught by nosy and hungry hobbits, of which there are a lot throughout the shire in Lotro
    The rivalry between Inn League and Ale Association was also a lot of fun, sabotaging each other's efforts the brew the best beer.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    Teleporting to another shard does not change anything. The auction house, mail and dimensions are still from your home shard.
    Adding access to dimensions on other shards didn't quite work out and was reverted again, but it only included the top list and not the search anyway.
    However any level 1 character access dimensions, so it's literally only a few clicks to make a character on Faeblight to visit dimensions there.

Back to the Hobbits, somehow I have to think of delivering mail and pies without getting caught by nosy and hungry hobbits, of which there are a lot throughout the shire in Lotro
    The rivalry between Inn League and Ale Association was also a lot of fun, sabotaging each other's efforts the brew the best beer.
    And windmills! Your farm needs windmills!

(And yes, the mail delivery and pie delivery in LotRO were hilarious... as was the great Shire-to-Rivendell chicken run!)

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jamalji View Post
    Good Morning Everyone!

There's a Farm Furrows Terrain Paint you can use to add the actual ground layer of the farm patch. Then various plants, or pumpkins and sweetberries. Autumn Harvest world event has a trove of good farm/garden stuff you can use, but even without that stuff, there are several cheap plants that will work like Orange Broadleaf, Thistle, the Dry Grass clumps, and even Sedge Clumps and Bluebells can work.

If you don't have access to the paint, Ravaged Earth will do in a pinch, or even using some rocks or the underside of certain trees will give you the dirt/field look you may want. You can sink down Beehives into the dirt so there's little bugs flying around for a bit more realism, too.

Here's a pic of a little herb garden, blocked in with mossy walls. The ground is a Mossy Outcropping, flipped upside down:
    Ideas for garden plot I'm developing-Greybriar Shard-2017-04-23_202625.jpg

There's not really any wrong way to make a garden or farm field, but if you'd like to check out a good Hobbit theme, I'd recommend Hobbit Home, by Vesa@Brutwacht. For a fun farm tour, I recommend Holiday at Granny's, by Tohrment@Wolfsbane. If you don't have characters on those shards (or on the EU cluster, where Brutwacht is located), you can make a level 1 and visit, you just can't vote until level 10. These are not a comprehensive list, of course.
    Last edited by Feendish; 04-23-2017 at 04:37 PM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

I really like the terrain paint idea, will check into that when I have a chance. In my Greybriar shard, Bov's is very popular for good reason but not the Hobbit style I was going after.

Looking forward to seeing other ideas from you all and hope to post pics soon!

+ Reply to Thread