+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Lynx3d
  • 2 Post By Maegwynn
  • 1 Post By Laeti

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Drop rates of building block shapes

Prophet of Telara

Default Drop rates of building block shapes

Hello!

I don't know if this is intended, but after opening a few hundred building block stashes (I'm guessing I'm around 1k now), I don't believe in bad luck anymore ;-)

So I have a stack of almost all sorts of cubes, actually I'm starting/in the middle of second stacks of those. I have good amounts of rectangles and squares, an acceptable amount of planks and disks, and then there's spheres, poles and triangles. Though I don't care too much for triangles, I do care for spheres and poles, and I rely heavily on those as a figure/animal morpher. I'm only between 20-40 in all of those. Is this intended, or is there something wrong in the numbers? I'm wildly guessing here, but I do think cubes are among the lesser used shapes, so I think it's odd that this is the shape that drops most often...

I have equal amounts in the kind of building blocks, so there's no real difference in gold, iron, limestone, wood etc. But throughout all of those, the amount of shapes are roughly in the numbers stated above (with a few exceptions in a few shapes I do count in as random fluctuations).

I'd just like to know if this is intended, or bring a bug to your attention ;-) I'd prefer an equal drop rate for all shapes, maybe with a slight tendency to squares, rectangles and planks for all the house/monument builders out there. (btw, whoever doesn't need poles and spheres, I'll take them gladly )
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch" - NEW: Schlumpfhausen-The Smurfs (Alli), owner guild Schlumpftastisch

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Your break down is about right and intended. The spread was tuned with a fair amount of dimensioneer feedback last summer. Obviously no distribution is going to fit the build style of every dimensioneer, but moving AWAY from a flat distribution spread of shapes was met with a lot of positivity when I rolled it out, so I do not anticipate moving back to a flat spread.

But you have the right idea - trade among the community so that those that want blocks for buildings get more of those useful pieces and morphers can get more of the shapes they want.

General of Telara

Funny, I asked Tacitus too, and it is:
    20% cubes
    15% planks, squares and rectangles
    10% spheres, poles and discs
    5% triangles.

I also have a hard time getting poles for my current build, but in contrast to you, I don't rely much on spheres. For fun I asked in dimensionaddicts (not sure anymore if it was NA or EU) if people really need cubes the most, and the answers ranged from "absolutely" to "I hardly need cubes".

My vote would be to make poles and cubes 15% too, and I can give my spheres to Alliandre

-edit-
    Tacitus, is it possible the feedback on shapes was related to the ice, water and glass building blocks? I dimly remember something like that, but the material certainly has some influence on what you do with it...
    Last edited by Lynx3d; 04-19-2017 at 03:41 PM.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    Tacitus, is it possible the feedback on shapes was related to the ice, water and glass building blocks? I dimly remember something like that, but the material certainly has some influence on what you do with it...
    No, it was the blocks rolled out with Summerfest last year where I replaced the flat structure.

While we're at it, I was wondering if the way blocks are distributed in stashes is indeed intended by request, or something that can be changed? Don't get me wrong I love it that we can get new blocks now and the whole idea of stashes exclusive to building blocks is great, but almost every stash has a variety of different blocks which also makes opening them quite a pita since it's only possible in front of the bank constantly switching back and forth if you need to open more than 3 at a time (and I usually open, like, way more at a time:)). I like variety but to be honest back when we got 3-4 blocks of one type in each stash it was more convenient. Is it possible to tweak something to make blocks drop at least in pairs without increasing the amount per stash?

P.S. sorry for hijacking your thread Alli! :)
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Your break down is about right and intended. The spread was tuned with a fair amount of dimensioneer feedback last summer. Obviously no distribution is going to fit the build style of every dimensioneer, but moving AWAY from a flat distribution spread of shapes was met with a lot of positivity when I rolled it out, so I do not anticipate moving back to a flat spread.

But you have the right idea - trade among the community so that those that want blocks for buildings get more of those useful pieces and morphers can get more of the shapes they want.
    all is well, I really just wanted to know if that's the intended distribution rate. I know my preferences aren't typical ;-) I just wondered about the cubes, since those are the blocks almost no one from my guild has ever really used besides triangles, and there were structure builders there too but I guess people who mostly build houses need those for cabinets and stuff.

Well, now I know I'll be overflowing with cubes and can trade them against more useful stuff I need, if those other players are willing to give those away ;-)

cheers, alli

@laeti: hijack away!
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch" - NEW: Schlumpfhausen-The Smurfs (Alli), owner guild Schlumpftastisch

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, so I'll just post here:

THANK YOU for the "building block box inside an item box" change, I for one appreciate it a lot (like, a looot), it makes the whole opening and sorting process much easier and way less time consuming!

<3 L
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Plane Walker

I agree Thank you for the building block box. So much easier.
    Last edited by Marnth; 04-27-2017 at 06:23 AM.
    Silence, there are times when it speaks volumes.

+ Reply to Thread