+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minion 4 hour Premium stash reward changes hopefully next week.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Minion 4 hour Premium stash reward changes hopefully next week.

Hi ya'll.

Tacitus is often generous with his time on Rift Community Discord where he's able to glean info from players who chat with each other and Devs about Rift. This week a few of us experimented with and discussed the 4 hour adventures and how to obtain the Uncommon premium stash which has the smaller dimensions items compared to the Relic stash.

Long story short we found by mismatching attributes we had best chance to get Uncommon boxes which Tacitus agreed is not user friendly

Current spread of items in 4 hour minion dim stashes:
    Green: 4-5 items, skewed uncommon and rare rarities
    Blue: 5 items skewed slightly heavier on rare than above
    Purple: 5-6 items skewed more towards rare and epic
    Orange: 6 items skewed more towards rare, epic, and relic
    Hopefully going live next week:
    Green: 4 items skewed uncommon and rare rarities
    Blue: all above PLUS one more item skewed heavily rare
    Purple: all above PLUS one more item skewed heavily epic
    Orange: all above PLUS one more item skewed heavily epic or Relic+
    Net Result:
    Green stashes get one less potential item (4 instead of 4-5), Orange gets one more item (7 instead of 6). Each higher tier will not lose access to anything from a lower tier by rolling better, but loses the chance that everything in the stash will be higher rarity.
    But given that the things most wanted in quantity are in the uncommon/rare tiers, that seems like a positive instead of negative. So I think that should feel better-all quoted text in this post from Tacitus
    TLDR: If you are after the smaller items save your aventurine if you need to for next weeks update when Tacitus hopes to roll this out /fingerscrossed.

Thank you Lynx3d, Hepititus Tacitus and Jaedor for the conversations with me on this subject.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Very interesting results, stemming from the efforts of a number of very dedicated, kind, open-minded players and Tacitus. I love watching these conversations going on. =)
    Brasse

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

The only correction I would have is that this went Live today.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    We'd know if we got the patch notes of course

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Lol was just flying in to say so ye um ABORT ABORT! Nice one on the items useable in Dims now, does this mean feasts as well? Off to test...

Edit: Patchnotes
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-19-2017 at 08:27 AM.

if we go from 4-5 epic-relic to one epic and one relic in best boxes, this means relic and epic things will become far more rare as they already are.
    We'll see... I hope these green things which will be the core loot are not a bunch of rocks or trees...

Getting a relic or epic box with 5 of these wonderful objects was a blast, and you were sure getting at least one or two things you like, and the rest for trade with friends.
    Getting only one or two is far more random, reduces chances of getting pairs, I don't see why this change is made. You think we get too much epic/relic things?

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    You think we get too much epic/relic things?
    The conversation that started and we explored over two weeks was how to get the uncommon items when its only 4 hour adventures that give us premium items the new things are in. I opened 200 of each tier on pts and they are quite different-many small items are on this loot table as uncommon.

We (other players) realized we could increase our chances if we mismatched attributes which threw a spanner in my brain that I have to do this with minions I love matching attributes its part of the fun, the aventurine cost also does not alter even if wanting a "lesser" stash. So Tacitus wanted us not to have to do this and increased us getting uncommon items without needing just uncommon premium stashes.

So no he didnt think we were getting too many relics etc he didn't think it was how minions should be used to gain smaller items many of us prefer for morphing.

Edit: I love the new Stashes this is a relic box I got yesterday (not pictured is the Margle place relic wall accent) 8 items is amazing!

Minion 4 hour Premium stash reward changes hopefully next week.-ff83aa684bc7701792ea46954be2ee43.jpg
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-21-2017 at 09:33 AM.

I understand your position, but what I fear is that epic and relic will become far more rare (and they already are), and not all green items will be interesting.
    I remember old dim boxes (or lure fishing) giving many very ordinary rocks or tree saplings by dozen. I just hope everything in this loot table is an original and interesting thing, because we have to pay for these adventures, and play random to get them, so what is in the box has to be good.
    Now it is, I have got things I will not use, but I can trade them because they are unique, and everything was special. I just want same quality in the future.

What were the other items in your relic box?
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 04-21-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

General of Telara

I don't know what stuff you got, but my minions bring mostly epic and relic stashes. And before the change, the vast majority of loot was purple and blue, while green items were about as rare as relic items.

Now, those relic stashes (well I only opend 4 so far) give me more or less equal amounts of uncommon, rare and epic items. Hard to tell how the chance for relic+ is affected, but I got 2 out of 4 boxes, which doesn't appear much different than before so far.

So I don't think epics will become much harder to find, it's just that we get a bit less so we can actually get some green ones too rather than having to hope (or even deliberately try) that our minions screw up, but not so much that we only get building blocks.
    And as said, relic premium stashes give one more item in total now.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Shadowlander

Default Relic stashes haven't been relic for me so far

Just some feedback . . .

My very first relic stash was awesome I got two relic items, one was Halcyon Gate which is amazing!

Since then no relic items at all in the few relic stashes I've gotten which, to me defies the label of relic. Shouldn't a stash named relic have at least one relic item in it to meet the base description of the stash? Otherwise what is relic about it?

Also, most of the time that I have had a 4hr run with a level 25 minion with double match attributes, (and the result is six stars!) I don't get a relic stash, which leaves me feeling, "what does it take, if a lvl 25 double match doesn't do it?"

From my experience of rarely getting a relic stash with my best minions that in turn rarely produce a relic item is often a disappointment. I think the challenge is that players with multiple accounts that have 150+ minions with each account running 6+ minions at a time are going to overwhelm the odds and produce a steady stream of awesomeness, but those of us who fall into the more average category are going to feel like the great items are beyond our reach.

What if we were granted an item say weekly that when applied to a level 25 double match would guarantee one relic stash? That way those of us who don't have multiple minion corporations would feel we have a reasonable chance? This item could be purchased with Aventurine or Affinity points and be limited to once per week and only able to be applied to lvl 25 double match minions.

Just some feedback . . .

-G
    Last edited by Galadhlinn; 04-23-2017 at 07:45 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Galadhlinn View Post

Just some feedback . . .

-G
    Hey ya, just to clarify. Your feedback is that you have not gotten any relic items since this update or even before it? There are no time frames or actual amount of times you did not get relic stashes and these things really help.

I've only encountered one relic stash with no relic but it had 3 epic items and two rare and that, was before the update. Also checking to see if it's clear that the change made was because of how minions were needing to be used to get an uncommon stash which is the complete opposite of how we've used minions all this time? How many minions anyone has etc does not really count into this mechanic and why it was changed affecting the loot table to make it work more efficiently.

Sorry RNG is being a butt I hope it gets better for you.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-23-2017 at 08:48 PM.

Shadowlander

Default clarification

Hello Kiwi,

Sorry for the lack of clarity on my feedback!

First it really was intended as feedback, not as a complaint. The feedback was not about the recent change but since 4.1 and relic stashes went live . . . since folks were discussing what they were getting from the relic stashes. I wanted to shed light on three things I am experiencing:

1. That Relic stashes, more often than not (for me) have not had any relic items, and that to me it would seem logical that a container of items labeled Relic, would have at least one relic item (or what is relic about it?) I do get that perhaps the reality is that you get a chance for a relic item but not guaranteed, but my experience (and hence feedback) has been approximately 6 relic stashes (since 4.1) with only 1 having a relic item which I would expect would lead to most who experience similar results would experience some disappointment.

2. That having a 4hr minion dimension quest come up, having a level 25 minion with double match attributes that results in 6 stars, still doesn't always produce a relic stash. When 1. and 2. are combined the result for an average player (see 3.) may be disappointing. I don't know if my experience is consistent with others which is why I was providing the feedback.

3. That there may be discrepancies in perception between folks who are running 6+ minion slots and more than one account and those of us who have one account and say 2-4 slots running. I.E. one would expect that a player who is getting 5-7 relic stashes a week will surely get more relic items over time than someone who is getting one relic stash every other week. The odds for both are statistically the same each stash per RNG, but the number of relic stashes does effect the total outcome for each player.

Now for context:
    I have one account with 4 minion slots. I run all on 8hrs every night (asleep). I keep all four on 5-15 minute runs whenever I am playing and on 8hrs before I leave for work. When I get to 3000 aventurine (about once a week but occasionally sooner), I use my aventurine to shuffle (2-3 times as necessary) to get a 4hr dimension run and to purchase it (Note: I always have my dimension attractors minions sloted before I use aventurine to shuffle 4hrs to increase my odds). Each day I earn about 200 aventurine, so this equates to about 2-3 4hr dimension runs per week (sometimes less). From this I have gotten 6 relic stashes, and of these one that had relic item since 4.1 went live.

Now as fate would have it, since I posted to this thread, yesterday I got a 4hr dimension run. I was able to use a double match (Lil Reggie) level 25 minion. I got 6 stars and a relic stash. Yay!
    Here are the items from that relic stash:
    Dragon Tooth Small (green)
    Stack of metal plating (green)
    Frontier Fence (green)
    Old Grave Mound (green)
    Golden Urn (blue)
    Ethian Fountain (purple) Love it!

This is consistent with my experience.

I hope this clarifies better Not a complaint, just feedback

-G
    Last edited by Galadhlinn; 04-24-2017 at 07:26 AM. Reason: clarified that I ha received total 6 relic stashes, one of which had relic items.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Ethian Fountain (purple) Love it!
    Omg lucky you love love love that fountain and I didn't take it as a complaint just making sure you not bugged or something trickier. No problems now I'm going to hope my minions bring me that fountain I forgot about it, so many nice items!

General of Telara

2. That having a 4hr minion dimension quest come up, having a level 25 minion with double match attributes that results in 6 stars, still doesn't always produce a relic stash.
    Haven't had that happen, but I somewhere read that the minion UI can show you 6 stars when it's not the case, I think it was related to low quality renderer.

I have one account with 4 minion slots. I run all on 8hrs every night (asleep). I keep all four on 5-15 minute runs whenever I am playing and on 8hrs before I leave for work. When I get to 3000 aventurine (about once a week but occasionally sooner), I use my aventurine to shuffle (2-3 times as necessary) to get a 4hr dimension run and to purchase it (Note: I always have my dimension attractors minions sloted before I use aventurine to shuffle 4hrs to increase my odds). Each day I earn about 200 aventurine, so this equates to about 2-3 4hr dimension runs per week (sometimes less). From this I have gotten 6 relic stashes, and of these one that had relic item since 4.1 went live.
    I also have 4 slots, but 200 aventurine sounds too low for running two rounds of 8h missions a day. Even pessimistically calculated that you get on average only 4 stars, that's 40 aventurine per adventure, so 2x4x40 = 320 per day.
    Also, shuffling is a waste of aventurine, it starts at 270 aventurine and keeps getting more expensive, simply doing the adventure costs only 250, and also gives back 15 aventurine per star.
    Of course that slot is then blocked 4h, but unless you really use those 4h to do grind 5/15min adventures, don't ever shuffle.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Shadowlander

Default Thanks for the replies/info!

Thank you Kiwi and Lynx3d for your replies and tips!

Sometimes I certainly hit the 300+ mark of aventurine in a day, but I am always lvling new/lowbie minions while I am playing, and that really brings down the daily amount. Is it most efficient to use the 1 minute adventures for lvling minions levels 1-10? I do know it is tedious!

I have experimented around with shuffling versus non-shuffling. I have found that with no shuffling (just waiting), I almost never get a dimension adventure. This is also true if I just send minions on 4hr runs with no shuffling. Additionally, running non-dimension 4hr adventures not only ties up the minions, it stifles leveling the new/low minions and still sucks my aventurine. For now I have settled on once a week, I burn some aventurine with my attractor cards slotted and get one or sometimes two dimension 4hrs to pop (note: I often also run a 4hr, then shuffle once or twice, so really it's a combination of shuffling and running 4hrs). While they are running, I keep the other two minions (or one) working to level other minions and earn some aventurine. With this system, I get 1-2 dimension 4hrs per week and occasionally even 3! My aventurine ranges from a low of 1200 (just after sending 2 4hr runs) to 3200 just before I "invest" in trying to get a dimension or two to pop. Once I burned 4000 aventurine and 135 credits and never got a dimension adventure! (with my two dim attractors slotted) That was super frustrating and not to be repeated. :/

Side note question:
    Are dim keys dropping in the 4hr or 8hrs? I have not seen one since 4.1, but maybe it's my special relationship with the RNG monster.

Thanks again,

-G

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast