+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Refuge

Thread: Affinity Random Dimension Boxes

Default Affinity Random Dimension Boxes

Can someone explain to me why these boxes/stashes have been removed from the affinity store?

These were literally my only way of hoping to gain certain items from the red/silver/black tier levels. I know it's rare but I stayed hopeful!

How come they were removed without an explanation?
    Fwob - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Can someone explain to me why these boxes/stashes have been removed from the affinity store?

These were literally my only way of hoping to gain certain items from the red/silver/black tier levels. I know it's rare but I stayed hopeful!

How come they were removed without an explanation?
    As far as I know all the loyalty items you could get from them were bound the same way regular loyalty dim items are, and they were never supposed to end up in the stashes anyway. As for removing them, RNG boxes get removed all the time, usually stuff from those boxes ends up in Stan's loot, sometimes minions. I don't think that's the case with loyalty stuff though, we're supposed to actually get the tier to get access to those.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    As far as I know all the loyalty items you could get from them were bound the same way regular loyalty dim items are, and they were never supposed to end up in the stashes anyway. As for removing them, RNG boxes get removed all the time, usually stuff from those boxes ends up in Stan's loot, sometimes minions. I don't think that's the case with loyalty stuff though, we're supposed to actually get the tier to get access to those.
    Ye they were bound, hence I knew this was the only way to acquire high loyalty tier items without actually spending the money to get there. I can't imagine the items appearing anywhere else so I assume they've been removed completely.

I'm sure that it was fully intended that the affinity boxes did this; to give a chance at acquiring tier items by luck. Just not sure why they removed it without notification.
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-09-2017 at 05:04 PM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Ye they were bound, hence I knew this was the only way to acquire high loyalty tier items without actually spending the money to get there. I can't imagine the items appearing anywhere else so I assume they've been removed completely.

I'm sure that it was fully intended that the affinity boxes did this; to give a chance at acquiring tier items by luck. Just not sure why they removed it without notification.
    The reason I assumed they weren't intended is that Stan's loot also dropped Loyalty items from time to time and they have been removed completely to make room for unbound items. Loyalty items aren't supposed to be obtained anywhere outside loyalty tab, it's the reason they are what they are, while Stan's, lockbox and - now - premium minion loot drop unique items that can only be obtained via these sources.

As for why there was no notification - it's not the first time dim lockboxes get replaced or removed, they usually make room for other items while their loot gets distributed among other sources (same way certain items were added to Minion loot, Stan's lure or other lockboxes). I'm sure at some point Alittu boxes would also become 'legacy' with their loot being added to other sources to make room for the next themed lockbox.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    The reason I assumed they weren't intended is that Stan's loot also dropped Loyalty items from time to time and they have been removed completely to make room for unbound items. Loyalty items aren't supposed to be obtained anywhere outside loyalty tab, it's the reason they are what they are, while Stan's, lockbox and - now - premium minion loot drop unique items that can only be obtained via these sources.

As for why there was no notification - it's not the first time dim lockboxes get replaced or removed, they usually make room for other items while their loot gets distributed among other sources (same way certain items were added to Minion loot, Stan's lure or other lockboxes). I'm sure at some point Alittu boxes would also become 'legacy' with their loot being added to other sources to make room for the next themed lockbox.
    Interesting, thanks for the response. I never really thought that the loyalty items were 'by accident', as I pictured a loose relationship between affinity and loyalty.

I'm now very jealous of those who got the shimmersand tavern this way :P
    Fwob - Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread