+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Birthday Dimension Kit - Missing an Item?

Default Birthday Dimension Kit - Missing an Item?

So I bought the Birthday Feast Kit with my tickets today and it opened and there were 4 cakes, 2 cupcakes, and a bunch of meat platters.
    Then it said I got a consumable (purple) that was Congratulations on your Birthday Feast Kit.
    Well... that item never showed up in my inventory, even though the chat log said I had gotten it.
    What gives?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nileregwen View Post
    So I bought the Birthday Feast Kit with my tickets today and it opened and there were 4 cakes, 2 cupcakes, and a bunch of meat platters.
    Then it said I got a consumable (purple) that was Congratulations on your Birthday Feast Kit.
    Well... that item never showed up in my inventory, even though the chat log said I had gotten it.
    What gives?
    The consumables in the kits are automatically used on pickup, even if you've already purchased any of them previously.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    The consumables in the kits are automatically used on pickup, even if you've already purchased any of them previously.
    But what did it do? I mean there's no new icon in abilities or anything like there might be for a spell or something.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nileregwen View Post
    But what did it do? I mean there's no new icon in abilities or anything like there might be for a spell or something.
    For the last three years, it hasn't done anything but tell you congratulations. It might need to be consumed to apply to the achievement for opening all the kits, but there's nothing else.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

For the last three years, it hasn't done anything but tell you congratulations. It might need to be consumed to apply to the achievement for opening all the kits, but there's nothing else.
    That seems odd... so we get a consumable that doesn't appear in our inventory and it just randomly used when we get it and it doesn't do anything? I just wanted to make sure it was natural what happened.

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

It might need to be consumed to apply to the achievement for opening all the kits, but there's nothing else.
    That is exactly what it does, and all it does.

Whoever set it up, once long ago, set up an achievement trigger to be based on the consumption of an item, and that item was made to be auto-consumed on acquisition.

It could certainly be better set up now, but only by possibly breaking the achievement for those that already have it. So it remains as is for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    That is exactly what it does, and all it does.

Whoever set it up, once long ago, set up an achievement trigger to be based on the consumption of an item, and that item was made to be auto-consumed on acquisition.

It could certainly be better set up now, but only by possibly breaking the achievement for those that already have it. So it remains as is for now.
    Ah... mk. Thanks to both of you for letting me know. At least now I don't have to worry that it glitched and I missed something lol.

+ Reply to Thread