+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Feendish
  • 2 Post By Laeti

Thread: Dims Not Showing

Default Dims Not Showing

I love that all the dims from other shards now show in the list! I think that's awesome! I wanted to see where my own dims fall at in the list now, & they aren't showing up. I looked under Weekly, & I looked under All Time. I scrolled through the list, & I also tried typing my names & the titles of the dims. The only way it comes up is if I use the Search feature. I tried on different alts, & tried on my son's acct.

Was that intended? I'm just curious if it was meant to function that way, or if it was an accident. My husband thinks it was meant to be that way so you couldn't see your own, but that doesn't make sense to me. Why would you not want to see your own in the list any more?
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Greybriar by Elleeander

Prophet of Telara

Well, I still see my own dimensions and the dimensions of my alts (the ones with 54 or more +1s). Do all of your dimensions have the new +1-requirements for the lists? On EU it shot up to 54/55 +1s to be shown on public always list.

The public weekly list didn't get updated yet after the patch, I suspect that's the case for public always as well.
    Last edited by Maegwynn; 03-30-2017 at 10:01 AM.
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch" - NEW: Schlumpfhausen-The Smurfs (Alli), owner guild Schlumpftastisch

Plane Walker

79 pluses were needed to show up on the All Time List on NA yesterday. All the weekly dims had shown up. During the course of the day there did seem to be a problem with the lists. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Marnth; 03-30-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    Silence, there are times when it speaks volumes.

So dimensions need to have 50 or more +1's to be in the Weekly list? Seems like that would make it harder for some dims to be viewed if it has to be considered popular enough to even be seen. Sadly, one of mine has 24, & the other has 15. I'd rather be able to scroll through them all & decide the ones I want to visit, as compared to ones deemed awesome enough.

I'm glad to know there was an issue with it working correctly at some point though, because I was feeling discouraged with touring, & with others being able to view mine. Thanks ya'll for letting me know. I appreciate it.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuasemper View Post
    So dimensions need to have 50 or more +1's to be in the Weekly list? Seems like that would make it harder for some dims to be viewed if it has to be considered popular enough to even be seen. Sadly, one of mine has 24, & the other has 15. I'd rather be able to scroll through them all & decide the ones I want to visit, as compared to ones deemed awesome enough.
    The 79 votes is for NA All Time. As far as the Weekly list goes, it wasn't updating in real time as of yesterday. It may update on a daily basis now, but it was originally set to update on a weekly basis as opposed to decaying over time.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Ahhh, ok. I like the idea of it updating daily more than weekly. It makes sense that way. I understand though if it's a drain on resources. I just couldn't figure out why I wasn't seeing all other dims with the same numbers. I know there are always hiccups after large updates, which is why I wanted to ask about it. I was going to just wait & see if it all ironed itself out, but in case others were seeing the same thing, I wanted to put it out there sooner than later. Thank you!

Hopefully there will be changes made to the lists with the future patches. Currently, Weekly list is broken and All Time list only favors builds made years ago on high pop shards. Needless to say if the requirements stay high enough only those who spam invites and have tons of alts/guildies will have a decent chance to have their dims out there. Besides that, you can no longer see dimensions specifically from your home shard, so if a certain builder doesn't have the required amount of votes, there is no way to visit their dimension unless you get a direct invite.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Prophet of Telara

Sorry tuasemper if I didn't describe clearly what I meant, English isn't my first language :-) of course I meant the always list, + that the other one didn't get updated... sorry if I confused you!
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch" - NEW: Schlumpfhausen-The Smurfs (Alli), owner guild Schlumpftastisch

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    The 79 votes is for NA All Time. As far as the Weekly list goes, it wasn't updating in real time as of yesterday. It may update on a daily basis now, but it was originally set to update on a weekly basis as opposed to decaying over time.
    I have a question. Does this mean a new or even an older dim has to wait a day or week to be put on the Weekly List?
    Last edited by Marnth; 03-31-2017 at 04:07 AM.
    Silence, there are times when it speaks volumes.

This is what seems to be happening in my findings over the last 2 days:

The Weekly and All Time list are not dynamically updating as they did pre-patch. Right now it's like the list is frozen, it was updated yesterday but that was because the server reset with the Hotfix.

I give a +1 to any dimension and the dimension receives my vote but the vote count does not go up in the two lists, though it does get marked with the * that I have placed a vote.

Opening a dimension is not opening it right away to these two lists.

Closing (meaning making it not public) is not removing the dimension from the lists.

Before the patch everything mentioned above was updated within minutes. Is there a plan to make the lists dynamically update again?

What time frame are they updating right now? It's not daily because nothing happened yesterday until the server was taken offline in the afternoon (around 1:00 PM). As of this morning it was exactly as it was yesterday after the hotfix.

Does this mean the two lists are updating on a full week now?
    Last edited by Nouvae; 03-31-2017 at 08:04 AM.

Hmm, yeah I noticed those things too. I know they'll get it all panned out. I was just afraid it was a permanent thing. Good to know I can go knock hubby upside the head. I do live to be able to do that. I knew it just didn't make sense for them to make it to where you couldn't view your own. It's how I keep track of things at times from my alts.

No worries, Maegwynn. You were very clear.

+ Reply to Thread