+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Increasing the Cap on Active Dimensions - Any New News?

Default Increasing the Cap on Active Dimensions - Any New News?

This isn't a new suggestion, it's been asked countless times, and devs actually said they were working on implementing this.

I haven't heard any news since, are they still hoping to increase the cap to say 25 or 30? Obviously a dev response would be great here, or has any other dimensioner heard anything on any other information channels?
    Fwob - Zaviel

Shield of Telara

the last thing I heard was that it was a lot more complicated than they thought, and they didn't know if it was possible at all, if I understood that correctly (or if it's worth the effort, I guess... if they have to re-program half the game to do it, they'll probably say no to it ;-) )

edit: I'm all for it, of course. I'd love to have more building space on my main, there are so many unused dimensions I'd love to build with from the time I just collected every key I got, including event keys...
    Last edited by Maegwynn; 03-20-2017 at 01:46 PM.
    Alliandre - Brutwacht
    My Dimensions
    New! "Schrei" and "Hiding" by Kattima, "Bogling Infestation" by Samrahia

Well I hope they're weighing up the benefits of increasing the cap vs. the time it will take to implement it, considering this will potentially increase buyers to expand further.

I understand their resources are limited, but it seems to be the same answer for everything; it will take too long.. let's hope they give a reasonable answer on this.
    Fwob - Zaviel

General of Telara

I don't remember where it was said, maybe on a live stream with Tacitus, but it was made clear that it's more than just changing a number to up the limit.

I imagine it something like this:
    Game Dev: "Are we going to change the limit in the future?"
    Game Designer: "Unlikely."
    *Dev goes on and hardcodes data layout*
    <several years later>
    Game Designer: "Hey, how about increasing the limit of active dimensions?"
    Game Dev: "Are you kidding me? You told me it won't change..."
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Dev: "Are you kidding me? You told me it won't change..."
    Notice I removed the word game from the dev title. It's for that reason that when we do development projects where I work, I try to tell the devs (I am a dev, too), not to code the solution into a corner. Things will change. On that, you can be certain. What you can't be certain of is how they will change.

Dimensions on Faeblight
    Out of Bounds | Zea`Lynn the Emerald Feend | Matter of Life & Death

+ Reply to Thread