+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Out of your Tree! (Building Contest)

Default A Fae Hideaway

I have a tree house theme that does not qualify for the contest for various reasons, mostly that there is a border of rocks and hedges rather than being entirely supported by the single large Brevane tree that is the foundation of the Felobican style village. Recently updated and reopened on Greybriar

Getchasome@Greybriar (PBJ) "A Fae Hideaway"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Out of your Tree! (Building Contest)-20161108202734_1.jpg  
    Last edited by Frappenguy; 05-17-2017 at 05:53 AM.

Kuula can you confirm that the contest is still going?

I've had the basic structure of a "treehouse" dimension hidden away on the PTS for almost 4 years and I'd love to have a reason to finally build it out.
    Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer, City Library, Breached Chamber, Dolcega Hotspot
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Default This contest is active.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    Kuula can you confirm that the contest is still going?

I've had the basic structure of a "treehouse" dimension hidden away on the PTS for almost 4 years and I'd love to have a reason to finally build it out.
    I changed the dates rather than cancelling.

Excited to see the results!

Default Treehouse

Hi Kuula,

Always wanna try to build a Treehouse, so here it is:

Dim name: TIME-OUT
    By: Vedora (Loveyttsab)
    Shard: Typhiria

Thank you for a great idea for a contest!

General of Telara

Oh hey I forgot to mention, we just moved shard last week. Im now on deepwood.

Soulwalker

Default The Eyrie

Way out of my comfort zone, but so much fun.
    Thanks for this!!

Vyk
    Hailol
    The Eyrie

Default New entries posted

Quote Originally Posted by Rillane View Post
    Way out of my comfort zone, but so much fun.
    Thanks for this!!

Vyk
    Hailol
    The Eyrie
    You are welcome!

Default Kuula's Soapbox Part I

Dear Inhabitants of Telara,

We have assembled our judging team this week. With over two months to build, I am anticipating quite a few entries. The competition will be tough. Remember that the focal point of this challenge is the Tree House itself. In some contests, and I will use myself as an example, I have entered dimensions that I had previously made. I never did well in those contests, because the details were an afterthought. Keep that in mind. I understand how exciting it is to enter and show off your work, but pay attention to the parameters.

Part of the evaluation of these dims will be on their creativeness and technicalness...(ok I made that word up). Things we would see as creative are: morphing objects, story-like imagery, fantasy, usually making little people or animal props. When we evaluate the technical part, we are considering proportions, scale, uniformity, and strict accuracy.

However, with all that said, dimensions are also art in my opinion. Some art is better than other art, but it is always subjective. Although this contest is not about winning or losing, there will be a few dimensions that fall into the guidelines of our critique better than others, that's all.

The winners of this contest will be the ones who take a little spark of artisitc passion and ignite an inferno...you will never lose in that fire.

~Kuula
    Last edited by Kuula; 04-01-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Shield of Telara

added a story in my entry post to give some background

Can't wait for June! I'm almost done, I still hope for one last item from the new minion boxes to drop so I can add it (the cherry on top )
    Last edited by Maegwynn; 04-03-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    Alliandre - Brutwacht
    My Dimensions
    New! "Bogling Infestation" by Samrahia, "Tartaros" and "Tick Tock" by Alliendre

Default Love the story addition!

Quote Originally Posted by Maegwynn View Post
    added a story in my entry post to give some background

Can't wait for June! I'm almost done, I still hope for one last item from the new minion boxes to drop so I can add it (the cherry on top )
    Looking forward to the dim.

General of Telara

I actually floored myself. Started with a few idea, spark an ember, grew into an inferno(Figuratively of course).

Its amazing when the rough draft of an idea meshes with a particular dim and build.

I'm also NOT using an Anywhere dim(Yes, you heard that right, Korvac not using an anywhere dim). The dim I am using is very uncommon, and I just took to it.

Add in the fact that its "Aliens", but in a very after-effect, as the beings are more like ornaments to a Christmas tree and don't over-kill the build, and doesn't side track that the highlight is the tree house, well I'm quite happy with it.

Is it June yet?
    Korvac the conquerer.

Soulwalker

I'd like to join in, will post the details once the servers are back up and I decide on my dim choices.

Default Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Tolyk View Post
    I'd like to join in, will post the details once the servers are back up and I decide on my dim choices.
    Looking forward to your entry!

This would be my first contest and I may have some unorthodox building methods but I would very much like to participate

Character name: Grimeria - alt character (contact Thezene - main)
    Dimension Name: Oasis

Default Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmsie View Post
    This would be my first contest and I may have some unorthodox building methods but I would very much like to participate

Character name: Grimeria - alt character (contact Thezene - main)
    Dimension Name: Oasis
    I applaud you entering a contest for the first time. Our community of dimensioneers takes another step forward...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast