+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Pets of Rift Dimension Contest

Default Pets of Rift Dimension Contest

The Contest Objective

Our pets weave themselves into every aspect of our lives. Whether itís curling up at our feet while we play Rift, chewing through our Ethernet cords, or drawing our attentions away from the computer screen, our animals bring love, joy, and at times - sadness Ė into our lives. Build your current or former pet in a custom setting that is designed for your pet!

Contest Deadline

10:00 PM PST on Saturday, 29th of April, 2017. Entries posted after 10:00 PM PST on the 29th will not be accepted. Please open your dimension at 10:00 PM PST on Saturday, April 29th. If you are unable to open your dimension at that time and need to open earlier, please contact me through a PM on the forums. Entries opened early without approval via PM will be disqualified.
    http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i...pril+29th+2017

Prizes

1st Place Winner: 3 REX
    2nd Place Winner: 2 REX
    3rd Place Winner: 1 REX
    Judgeís Choice Awards: 1 REX from each judge (3 in total)

Contest Rules and Information

1. Contest is open to all shards on NA and EU. EU participants MUST have a character on an NA shard in order to receive awards. One entry per person only.

2. Only solo builds and personal dimensions are allowed Ė no collaborative builds or guild dimensions. Any personal dimension may be used. There is no item limit.

3. Contest entries must be a new creations only (tear-down builds okay - just let me know before the contest deadline).

4. Entries must remain closed to everyone until the contest deadline (a couple invites to friends for advice is acceptable, but dimension must remain closed until the deadline).

5. All work in the dimension must be new and original. No pre-existing sets or duplication of previous works allowed. Using tools for building, such as Tinker Tools or Dimension Toolbox, is allowed.

6. Judging will be on the challenge objective only (spotlighted pet and the immediate surroundings) other areas of the dimension will not be scored.

7. Dimension may display more than one pet, but keep in mind pets other than the spotlighted pet will be judged as part of Continuity and Overall Impression.

8. NO NPC animals allowed. All animals must be handmade (so no cat, bird, horse npcs, etc). Effects like butterflies and pools of fish are okay if the spotlighted pet is not a butterfly or fish.

Note of Clarification
    To help clear up some confusion on what a "realistic" setting for a pet is, I'll provide some quick examples.

Realistic: Has your dog chased a squirrel up a tree, been to doggy daycare? Or maybe your cat loves kitchen counters and beams of sunlight? Maybe she enjoys trips to a kitty hotel when you're out of town?

Unrealistic: Your parrot at a day trip to CERN's large hadron collider; your beta fish visiting the shark tank at a national aquarium; your dog visiting the beach if you yourself are terribly afraid of the ocean.

Judging

Morph and Quality of Construction
    Continuity and Overall Impression
    Attention to Detail and Technicality
    Creativity and Originality

How to Enter:
    Submit your entry in this post below on or before the deadline in this format:
    Character Name:
    Dimension Name:
    Shard:
    Spotlight Petís Species:
    Brief Synopsis (maximum 300 words):
    (Pet species is necessary, especially in the event of multiple animal morphs. For example: a mouse in a snake enclosure is totally fine if the pet is the snake, but if the pet is the mouse...)

Remember! Dimensions must remain closed to everyone until 10:00 PM PST on Saturday, April 29th. If you need to open earlier due to scheduling conflict, contact me via PM on the forum!

If you have any questions, please post them here or send me a PM through the forum!
    Thank you, have fun, and happy building!

Entries
    Character: AudzillaRAWR
    Shard: Faeblight
    Dimension name: "Rock Garden"

Character Name: Rhyashianae
    Dimension Name: Her name is Cosmo
    Shard: Greybriar

Character Name: Wintercharm
    Dimension Name: Pixie's Hollow
    Shard: Hailol

Character Name: Marnthette
    Dimension Name: Andy
    Shard: Laethys

Character Name: Astrail (Chrystiel)
    Dimension Name: Sophie - Devourer of Nokia 3310
    Shard: Bloodiron

Character Name: Luisa
    Dimension Name: Vicky
    Shard: Brutwacht

Character Name: Jhinxa (Tinderal)
    Dimension Name: Tempest Hideaway
    Shard: Zaviel

Pets of Rift Dimension Contest-p_20151026_2141383.jpg
    (Smokey, in all her silliness)
    Last edited by Coldsprite; 04-25-2017 at 08:22 PM.

I am loving this theme, can't wait to get started.
    Unless the world ends, count me in
    Hidden Gem By Zeamage@Gelidra

Shadowlander

I do not have pets, how do I do it? ahhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Shaarlys View Post
    I do not have pets, how do I do it? ahhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhh
    If you had a family pet when you were a child that would work as well! Unfortunately, I am limiting this contest to just past or present pets - no future pets

Shield of Telara

Uhhh! Count me in! :-)
    Alliandre - Brutwacht
    My Dimensions
    New! "Bogling Infestation" by Samrahia, "Tartaros" and "Tick Tock" by Alliendre

What an amazing idea! I'm excited to see the entries!
    Dimensions on Deepwood: Kal & Kok's Island * BeetleJuice * Star Trek * Don't Cross The Streams * Gothic Haven * Yabba-Dabba-Doo * Fallout Vault 101 * Gothic Manor

Hi there! Very cool contest!

Ironically Ive been thinking of doing a special build with animals lately, however I am by no means a morpher. I may put myself through the test though. just have a few questions for you...

Can the scene be anything for our pets? Also, I would like to try to include some special animals to it however they are not mine but I see them every single day and feel as if they are part of my life as I visit and feed them often. Of course I have two of my own pets but would this be acceptable?

edit- ps...I really find it ironic you chose this theme!!!!
    Last edited by MissGreen; 03-01-2017 at 02:58 PM.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

General of Telara

If I'm totally convinced my dog is an Alien, I can make an Alien, correct?????
    Korvac the conquerer.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by swordkata View Post
    Well...
    Pets of Rift Dimension Contest-alien-dog-costume.jpg
    Dimensions on Hailol

Zen Sanctuary~Phantom Hollow~Snow Blossom Valley~Willowspring Garden~Rise of the Snow Queen~Aurora Castle~Pixie's Hollow~Midnight Mysteries~Northpine Village~Cherry Creek Cottage (NEW) by Wintercharm and alts

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    Hi there! Very cool contest!

Ironically Ive been thinking of doing a special build with animals lately, however I am by no means a morpher. I may put myself through the test though. just have a few questions for you...

Can the scene be anything for our pets? Also, I would like to try to include some special animals to it however they are not mine but I see them every single day and feel as if they are part of my life as I visit and feed them often. Of course I have two of my own pets but would this be acceptable?

edit- ps...I really find it ironic you chose this theme!!!!
    To answer both your questions - since the contest is about real life pets, the scene should be something realistic with your pet - something they would have or did get their paws, beaks, scale, etc into . If those other animals have been included in some way in the lives of your pets, then a realistic setting with all parties will definitely be acceptable!

For multiple pets, only one pet will be graded as the spotlight pet (whichever pet you choose - you have to specify this with the entry information) and the other pet and animals in the dimension will be counted towards continuity and overall impression.

Quote Originally Posted by swordkata View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen! Sorry, no living alien life forms unless you have proof. Now if your dog actually has alien plushie toys and you could try incorporating those into your build, if you so choose. That part is up to you to decide

Soulwalker

Tough one might try it tho
    Last edited by Iavasmeril; 03-03-2017 at 01:01 AM.

ohhhh my...... I haven't been building much since xmas (um..little archeage detour, haha) BUT......pets you say!?

I have 5..yes FIVE dogs. (and one beta fish..does he count?)

I have to think of something here..pick one to spotlight ..how to choose which one! ahhhh! lol

Freaking awesome theme!! I'll be back with a choice (they're all looking at me..with those 'pick me, pick me!' eyes!)
    Dims by Blythe@FB: Heat Miser & Snow Miser - Margaritaville - Winter's Garden - RP Rustic Pub - Weekend Log Cabin - Brasse Beards 'n Ale - Starry, Kelari Sands

Quote Originally Posted by BlytheElf View Post
    ohhhh my...... I haven't been building much since xmas (um..little archeage detour, haha) BUT......pets you say!?

I have 5..yes FIVE dogs. (and one beta fish..does he count?)

I have to think of something here..pick one to spotlight ..how to choose which one! ahhhh! lol

Freaking awesome theme!! I'll be back with a choice (they're all looking at me..with those 'pick me, pick me!' eyes!)
    I was wondering where the he-- ya been?? haha!!!! I figured you were having fun someplace else lmao! Good for you...glad you come check the forums! miss ya !! Our guild is officially awesome if you decide to come back full time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q88NvHQsJUU
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Default Updated Contest Rules

UPDATED! Contest rules now includes the following note:

Note of Clarification
    To help clear up some confusion on what a "realistic" setting for a pet is, I'll provide some quick examples.

Realistic: Has your dog chased a squirrel up a tree, been to doggy daycare? Or maybe your cat loves kitchen counters and beams of sunlight? Maybe she enjoys trips to a kitty hotel when you're out of town?

Unrealistic: Your parrot at a day trip to CERN's large hadron collider; your beta fish visiting the shark tank at a national aquarium; your dog visiting the beach if you yourself are terribly afraid of the ocean.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast