+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By Lakshmi
  • 1 Post By Lakshmi

Thread: The Long Dark

Rift Disciple

Default The Long Dark

The Long Dark-tld1.jpg

I don't know if anyone else here plays The Long Dark, but I'm a huge fan. I just love the atmosphere of that game.

So, after I got the Subzero key during the winter festival I decided to try to recreate a little slice of The Long Dark in a dim. This turned out to be a gigantic stretch for me. Not only are the trees, rocks, ice, snow and everything else radically different in Rift, it was also my first time doing anything other than decorating a small pre-built house. Lots of on the-job-training to figure this out (thanks Rhynor).

After a couple months of messing up and fixing stuff, it's finally ready for visitors.

Dim: 'The Long Dark'
    By: Ssand@Faeblight

I hope you enjoy it!
    ~Shmi

The Long Dark-tld-4.jpg

The Long Dark-cave.jpg

The Long Dark-tld2.jpg
    Last edited by Lakshmi; 02-25-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Default +1

Hi,
    Really love this dimension! I never play'd The long Dark but i get the idea..i think. Brilliant job on landscape! The little detail's ..perfect! Love the little fire place(dont know what that call'd in English). The lightning is great! Cant say anything i don't like about it!
    Just that +1 can be +10 from me

Thank you for sharing this dimension!!!

p.s. i saw thrible table floating ...i will dont tell anyone ..but i think you need to get it out

Rift Disciple

Thanks Lovey, this means a lot from you since I admire your dimensions so much!

I'm glad someone got it. I think not many folks play with terraforming -- Rift does not make it easy! Possibly it looks like an empty-ish Subzero at first, at least for folks who don't know it's just a big empty ice skating rink.

And thanks for the table alert. I always forget to put in back in my inventory before I teleport out. Doh!

~Shmi

+ Reply to Thread