+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Tamarama

Thread: News from the PTS

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Default News from the PTS

Want to know what's happening dimension wise on the PTS? Read News From The PTS and be well informed.

The release date has changed since I opened the boxes on the PTS and with 4 or more weeks till the patch drops there may be changes to pricing, drop rates, etc. Nothing is ever certain till it goes live (and even then it's subject to change).

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarama View Post
    Want to know what's happening dimension wise on the PTS? Read News From The PTS and be well informed.

The release date has changed since I opened the boxes on the PTS and with 4 or more weeks till the patch drops there may be changes to pricing, drop rates, etc. Nothing is ever certain till it goes live (and even then it's subject to change).
    Thanks, appreciate the info.
    Korvac the conquerer.

General of Telara

I think Tacitus confirmed Bylhix as carnival purchase at least once, also when I bought him on PTS despite the 1s price, a confirmation popup asked me if I really want to spend 600 Glass Beads so I hope he's going the be rather affordable too (i.e. no Auroral Doubloons).

I like your drop rate analysis, the problem I have with those boxes is always the question what "a chance for <special item x>" really means...one in a hundred? A thousand?
    Seems getting the key is not so hard, easier than getting the music box even.

But 210 boxes is still a rather limited sample size, just because you didn't get a scratcher for 2 of the blinking colors doesn't mean they're not in the loot table when their chance is ~2%.
    They're available separately anyway, so it's a good thing you don't get flooded with them.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    But 210 boxes is still a rather limited sample size, just because you didn't get a scratcher for 2 of the blinking colors doesn't mean they're not in the loot table when their chance is ~2%.
    I'm not familiar with all the colours for the blinking tiles, what colours am I missing?

General of Telara

You're missing green and purple.
    I know it's 11 colors becausse I added them all to TT recently ^^
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

I'll open a few stacks of boxes, see if I get those colours. I know others are opening boxes on the PTS, perhaps they could check as well.

Tacitus said he was removing the blinking scratchers from the Alittu boxes. I believe the new Alittu themed blocks will be replacing them. Don't quote me on that last part though.
    Dimensions on Faeblight
    Out of Bounds | Zea`Lynn the Emerald Feend | Matter of Life & Death

Useful article, very much appreciated, particularly the percentage rates. Where did you find these out?

Thanks,
    Fwob.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    Useful article, very much appreciated, particularly the percentage rates. Where did you find these out?
    The statistics came from opening 210 boxes on the PTS and recording the results. No fancy statistics just plain percentage chance of an item dropping.

On the other hand, I did open 495 more boxes and the purple and green scratchers did drop and now have similar drop rate to the other scratchers.
    Last edited by Tamarama; 02-27-2017 at 05:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread