+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lynx3d

Thread: Stan's Empty Lure

Default Stan's Empty Lure

I didn't bother to post this in the past, I just bit the bullet and moved on, but last night I spent time to craft 2 lures to catch the fish needed to craft Stan's lure, 20 mins of time, then I apply the lure to my pole.... and get an empty cast, everything is normal, but nothing happens, zilch.
    It seems like there's an empty spot in the loot table, no error, just nothing happens.

I Rift, therefore I am.

Prophet of Telara

have you, by any chance, fished in tempest bay? there's a known bug there, that sometimes catches with the lure come up empty, as far as I know, this problem hasn't appeared anywhere else.
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch" - NEW: Schlumpfhausen-The Smurfs (Alli), owner guild Schlumpftastisch

General of Telara

What I heard is that this also happens when you (would) fish up a unique item that you already have, like Chum Bucket.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    What I heard is that this also happens when you (would) fish up a unique item that you already have, like Chum Bucket.
    Yeah, this sounds like the most likely reason... I was fishing in the plane of water, starting area.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

I've also had empty catch in the past, every time it's a 5 reel in catch. Once i got nothing, and another time only one item out of 2 (it was the afinity relic lure that brings you 2 items every charge) And i was fishing in the scaterran forest, the new maps.
    Last edited by Amielle; 02-24-2017 at 06:33 AM.

-- xcal

+ Reply to Thread