+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Npc Overhead Names

Default Npc Overhead Names

I was in one of my dimensions last night with my fav dim npc Baby Gump and his bright name over his head messes with the immersion of the dim. I do not play with any names on at all on players or npcs because I like to pretend when I play.

IF there is any EASY way, and TIME could anyone, look into certain npcs having their names shut off when you don't have names on.

So far I have found
    Baby Gump
    Bogling
    (the original not the new ones)

I will look to see if I find any others when servers come back up. I also understand if this is something that can not be done. Crossing my fingers everything lines up to the yes answer.

General of Telara

Hm my Baby Gump only shows name when you mouse over, as do my Bogling, Scoundrel Guard and Orphiel.

My Guffin only shows name when targeted, so yes it's still somewhat inconsistent.

I guess it is intended that Nico always shows the name, having an actual dialog option. Not sure about Maliana Torson, the cursor does change but she only reacts with chat text if you click her.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Mine it is always on no matter what . Wonder if i pick him up and replace him if it will shut off
    EDIT: So I picked them up when through all the snap no snap stationary placed them on each. When I got back to the one I started with, it went away no idea why so ignore this whole thread issue fixed
    Last edited by Kitasia; 02-09-2017 at 04:15 PM.

And thank you for letting me know yours worked so I knew something was wrong with mine and it was just me. He was driving me nuts.

General of Telara

There is an UI setting to auto-hide names of such NPCs, I think it's called "Smart Nameplates", if it's disabled, they will be always showing.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

+ Reply to Thread