Like Tree15Likes
  • 11 Post By Winter17
  • 1 Post By Laeti
  • 2 Post By Zillaan
  • 1 Post By Coldsprite

Thread: The 1s Project

Rift Disciple

Default The 1s Project

Hello everyone! I want to introduce my lil' project. I've been thinking of a way to encourage new players to try out dimensions. My project is really easy and I hope you will all give it your best go. So here goes:

I want to encourage people to put up their common dimension keys for 1s buyout. Not the uuber rare or expensive ones, but just minion stash type keys. Just post them for 1s so that a new player can try them out pretty much for free.

I remember when I started, after my intro quest in Warden point I was very excited to try a bigger dimension. I asked in general chat how to get a new key, (before I knew about /join dimensionaddicts@deepwood) and someone told me to go to the AH. So once I found that, I went searching for a key. The problem was, I was broke! I wanted shoreward island, but it was about 40g to expensive for me. And that 40g can take awhile to accumulate esp. on my first baby toon.

A new player really doesn't earn plat very quickly, and is also working on the 2p for their first mount. The wardens point and sanguine shores really isn't that fantastic when you first go in them, and so I think if a newbie had the option of choosing and trying different keys they may be more likely to actually start building.

My hopes for the project is that it will give new rift players a stronger start with dimensions, and hopefully in the long run help build the dimension community. I would love to have some participation from all shards for my project, so hopefully with all those minion stash unboxings we will see some 1s keys posted.

Thanks so much!

~Winter
    Dimensions on Hailol

(~NEW~) Pumpkin Spyce Cottage - Search Winter to find my dimensions

Someone will buy them all out and sell them more expensive...
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    Someone will buy them all out and sell them more expensive...
    Minion keys aren't selling expensive anyways, not like it's a huge plat maker even if someone has a bunch of keys. Besides, if we keep this up, there would still be enough 1s keys on the AH to give new players some freedom :)

I think it's a wonderful and kind idea, and I'm definitely going to follow this advice and start selling minion brought keys for 1s price whenever I get them. Thank you for this Winter! <3
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Excellent idea. I usually throw them out. Not anymore.
    Dim's On Deepwood: Abandon Ship! // Kish and Zill's Summer House // Ice Age // The Fourth Seal // Kishauwau's Retreat // Riverboat Carnival // Lv-426 // Plants VS Zombies Tribute (as Zillisha) // Dim Items Museums (as Zillox)

Rift Disciple

Thank you for your support! I posted some keys on various shards yesterday, and I am super excited to get this plan in motion.
    Thanks again!!

~Winter
    Dimensions on Hailol

(~NEW~) Pumpkin Spyce Cottage - Search Winter to find my dimensions

That's a great idea Winter! What I also like to do is every so often post them in /1-29 chat and say they're for free! I usually will get one or two people who want them

General of Telara

I have about 150+ basic keyes from my guild bank and my other acct guild banks. I will do this tomorrow. Time to flood the AH, baby!!
    Korvac the conquerer.

+ Reply to Thread