Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By Catriana
  • 1 Post By Lynx3d
  • 2 Post By Pie

Thread: Inferno's Respite on Greybriar - New Dimension

Soulwalker

Default Inferno's Respite on Greybriar - New Dimension

Hello fellow dimensioneers!

This is the first time I have ever posted any of my dimensions in the forums so I hope I'm doing this right. I would like to introduce my new dimension entitled "Inferno's Respite" on my toon Catastrophie on Greybriar. As you can hopefully see below it is a Citadel overlooking a rather harsh environment. I hope you will take the time come and visit and enjoy the dimension as much as I enjoyed creating it.
    Inferno's Respite on Greybriar - New Dimension-2017-01-25_211303.jpgInferno's Respite on Greybriar - New Dimension-2017-01-25_210947.jpg

Cattrianna of Greybriar

This place is amazing! The building is so beautifully constructed and detailed, and I love the mood of repose in the midst of the harsh landscape. The juxtaposition of the open air library and the armory next door is a nice touch too - a moment of peace in a violent land. The kitchen is well-done (I love kitchens!) and the living quarters manage to be positively sumptuous and utilitarian at the same time.

Plus - cats!

I also love the ominous discovery of the burned-out village and the fiendish shrine if you explore the canyon.
    I didnít get tired of Rift - I got tired of being lied to.

General of Telara

Impressive, one of the largest constructions I've seen in a while without sacrificing too much detail. The sky projector and the super long bridges also hide the limited draw distance so well that it makes you forget it's just a plain Anywhere beneath it.

I'm currently trying to do a pretty building block heavy dimension too and had my doubts how far I can get with the item limit because it gets eaten up so quickly, but this pretty much is the proof that it's just up to my skills, especially since I'll only have to build a minimal amount of landsacape.
    Again, very impressive how almost everything is done with building blocks or other rather generic items.

The only nitpick: I had a few flickering walls here and there, but I know how tricky it is to find the best compromise between flicker and visible seams when you're close up.
    Last edited by Lynx3d; 01-25-2017 at 11:45 PM.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Beautiful work Catriana! I caught you in your dimension, so you know some of the things I loved about it, but it is such an impressive dimension as a whole and I so envy your item count management! Every room and architectual piece is incredibly detailed and cleverly constructed. I love the angled arches and swords you used in your windows, and the way you capped your columns with the tombstones. Well done!

Dimensions on Faeblight by Holly * Hawthorn * Ivy

Soulwalker

Thank you all for the kind words and I am glad you enjoyed the dim. Thank you for visiting.

p.s. I fixed some of those flickers.

Cattrianna of Greybriar

Pie

Default This is a must see. !!!

Rest up before you go in here....it's intense. It's like a whole zone or a dungeon. And it's scary!! What a magnificent job you did. The movement and sense of danger are exciting. The attention to detail is impressive. Lots of things I have not seen before too. Thanks so much for a wonderful example of what can be done with a lot of space and imagination!!

I stopped by for a visit yesterday and woah, it was hot as hell in there!

Seriously, I was blown away by your amazing creation and I agree with Pie, it truly feels like a whole new dungeon/zone. I just love the towers/castle and that there are other things to be discovered, when you follow the pathways.

Truly an epic creation!

+ Reply to Thread