• 1 Post By Tazendra
  • 3 Post By Midnight1
  • 2 Post By Binoo
  • 3 Post By Agrona77
  • 1 Post By Marnth

Thread: Cabin in the Iron Pines

Default Cabin in the Iron Pines

Greetings Dimensioneers!

Thanks to the inspiration that I found from participating in a few of Kitasia’s giveaways, and from interacting with a few of the kindly and experienced builders I know, I have just put the finishing touches on my first serious build which I offer to you now as my entrée to the RIFT dimension-building community!

'Cabin in the Iron Pines' by Aeslief on Hailol - a simple but cozy home tucked away in a lonely corner of Iron Pine Peak.

Cabin in the Iron Pines-img_1749.jpgCabin in the Iron Pines-img_1798.jpg

In the past I had only played with dimensions as dollhouses, using existing models to decorate buildings and environments that were already more or less complete. I dove more deeply into the creative potential of dimensions when, as I mention, I decided to participate in a couple of Kitasia's giveaways because I really, really wanted a Radar pet. ❤️ Well after that I was hooked! Building 'Cabin in the Iron Pines' from scratch, although tiny at a humble 600 items, I feel I have truly created something for the first time.

My next project is already well underway and I look forward to sharing more soon as part of the RIFT dimension-building community! Cheers to you all.
    I didn’t get tired of Rift - I got tired of being lied to.

I saw this dimension last night and thought it was just perfect! The mood, the item choices, they are all so nicely done. I especially loved the stove and fireplace. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Dimensions on Faeblight by Holly * Hawthorn * Ivy

Awwwww......this is so CUTE!!! The pictures look great, I'll definitely come see it in person soon
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Very nice work, great job on the structure and interior details. Welcome to dimensions!

Telaran

Thumbs up I love it

I love it! It's a simple idea, with SOO much detail! It looks like a building you'd see in Skyrim or Witcher, and I absolutely love that. One issue I found though, there was a rat eating the pie!

Telaran

I really do love the look and the simplicity of this Dimension. I don't think the OP's pictures show just how well designed it is. So I made a few more...
    IMGUR Album Link: http://imgur.com/a/Ka7g4

Soulwalker

As awesome is that you complimented the OP, some people only post a couple pictures because they want people to visit the dimension rather than look at the pics and not visit. So maybe in the future let the owner deal with the screenshots. Personally I don't post any at all for that reason

I like that they posted the extra pictures. It's a hassle to make a character on every server just so you can go visit. And if you want to "vote", you have to level it up some, as well. It's inconvenient.
    Aelare@Wolfsbane R ~ Josielynn@Wolfsbane M
    Dawnalynn@Wolfsbane C ~ Tazzendra@Wolfsbane W

Soulwalker

The person spends how much time building their dimension, I think the least you can do is take 20 minutes to level to 10 and give it a looksee yourself. Its not something you have to do over and over, just one time to level a toon to 10. Forgive me, I don't like to be like this on the forums but I really disagree. Its important to visit these dimensions and not just look at a pic and go "cool."

Soulwalker

Super cute cabin! I love the fireplace and how ya made the snow on the roof was a great touch! I can't wait to see your next project

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1 View Post
    The person spends how much time building their dimension, I think the least you can do is take 20 minutes to level to 10 and give it a looksee yourself. Its not something you have to do over and over, just one time to level a toon to 10. Forgive me, I don't like to be like this on the forums but I really disagree. Its important to visit these dimensions and not just look at a pic and go "cool."
    Once? Last I looked, there were multiple shards on NA and EU. Also, there is no reason they can't join dimension chat channel and spend time inviting people which gives them immediate feedback and votes (like many others do).
    Aelare@Wolfsbane R ~ Josielynn@Wolfsbane M
    Dawnalynn@Wolfsbane C ~ Tazzendra@Wolfsbane W

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulus77 View Post
    I love it! It's a simple idea, with SOO much detail! It looks like a building you'd see in Skyrim or Witcher, and I absolutely love that. One issue I found though, there was a rat eating the pie!
    LOL Well, when I visited there were no rats, thank goodness!

@ Aeslief: I just love all your details. The fireplace is amazing. It felt very warm and cozy. It totally fits into Iron Pines! Beautiful Cottage.

@ Tazendra: I have a lvl 10 character on every server, US and EU. Due to time differences, it is not always feasible to expect an invite from the original creator. Plus, most contests are hosted for both EU and US servers and in order to tour all the fabulous dimensions, it is well worth it to level up a character on every server to 10. It really doesn't take that long. Then you can tour dimensions at your leisure.
    Save
    Last edited by Agrona77; 02-01-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Tazendra View Post
    Once? Last I looked, there were multiple shards on NA and EU. Also, there is no reason they can't join dimension chat channel and spend time inviting people which gives them immediate feedback and votes (like many others do).

My apologies to the O.P for the the following:

Sorry you feel that way about touring alts. It is your decision not to take the time to make them, but you are missing out on so many fantastic dims. I am in agreement with Midnight1 and Agrona77 here. I have touring alts lv 10 and up, on every shard NA and EU was the best thing I did. I tour all the time.
    Silence, there are times when it speaks volumes.

+ Reply to Thread