+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: ~~~Warning to all Dimension Lovers!~~~

Telaran

Exclamation ~~~Warning to all Dimension Lovers!~~~

I was gone for nearly 4 months traveling...So I was unable to log into rift for nearly 4 months.

All I do is play dimensions in rift. That's literally all I do.

I placed a large majority of my more valuable items in a Guild Dimension as a storage display museum dimension for organization.

I comeback and I am no longer in the guild nor have anyway to access my items from the guild bank or dimension...which is used as my personal storage.

There may have been 1 or 2 alts from other players in my guild dimension that somehow got promoted to guild leader after I was unable to log in for a few months. If so they had 0 privileges or access to anything. It was my guild I created it and the only real member of the guild. It was my bank and storage.

I literally have spent about $2,000.00 US Dollars on the Rift Store on purchasing the tokens & credits for gold to buy dimensions items as I don't do anything else on rift except dimension. It is all I enjoy in the game.

My response from Trion was:

GM Karruell
    Today at 14:37
    Hello,
    Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.
    We understand how frustrating it can be to have been removed from your guild. There is an automatic guild leadership promotion system which is handled entirely by the server. If you, as a guild leader, have been inactive for 37 days, the highest ranked active member will be promoted once the server has been restarted after this waiting period has passed. Additionally, if you were removed this would have likely been done by the new guild leader. Unfortunately, we will be unable to bypass this automated system to invite you back, or promote you back as guild leader. Good luck and have fun in RIFT.
    If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT.
    Your reference number for this ticket is 787328.
    Sincerely,
    GM Karruell
    Trion Worlds Inc

This is unacceptable.
    Last edited by Dimensions; 12-28-2016 at 02:57 PM.

Default no recourse

Quote Originally Posted by Dimensions View Post
    I was gone for nearly 4 months traveling

There may have been 1 or 2 alts from other players in my guild dimension that somehow got promoted to guild leader after I was unable to log in for a few months. If so they had 0 privileges or access to anything.

My response from Trion was:

There is an guild leadership promotion system which is handled entirely by the server. If you, as a guild leader, have been inactive for 37 days, the highest ranked active member will be promoted once the server has been restarted after this waiting period has passed. Good luck and have fun in RIFT.

Trion Worlds Inc

This is unacceptable.
    Ouch.This happens often and sadly there is nothing that can be done to reverse this, tbh there is a reason for having this being in effect, the time frame I don't agree with. I became Guild leader of 1st guild I was in as the owners had stopped logging in.

Too bad they didn't have an generic email notification that would be sent to guild leaders when they hit 30 days of inactivity affording them at least a week to log in and prevent this. I could be wrong, but if one never came to the forums I don't believe anyone would know about this 37 day policy. After the fact sucks.\

Just checked and policy is technically posted here.
    Last edited by Darkcleros; 12-28-2016 at 06:13 PM.

Telaran

I won't be playing rift again or spending another dime on this game until this is fixed.

Ascendant

Wow 37 days? That's absolutely terrible. SO wrong.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

The sad part is, even if you got back in, got promoted, you can almost be sure the current guild 'owner' sold off all your stuff and has spent the platinum.

I agree 37 days is too short a time to lose so much, I'd suggest 3 months, but then this player would still lose out under that time frame.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

General of Telara

even a month is a looooooong time without a guild leader in an online game, especially when nobody has any rights to do anything. so we were REALLY glad when auto promotion kicked in in our guild.

sorry to hear your story though, your guild got hijacked by those other people in your guild, them kicking you out after such a short period of time is just wrong, and they are terrible people for doing something like that (the system doesn't kick anybody from his/her guild and doesn't demote you).

there's a lesson to be learned here though, for everyone out there: don't use guild dimensions or guild vaults as personal storages, unless you are sure to be the only account in that guild, or just with people you trust.
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Guild "Stadtwache"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcleros View Post
    Too bad they didn't have an generic email notification that would be sent to guild leaders when they hit 30 days of inactivity affording them at least a week to log in and prevent this. I could be wrong, but if one never came to the forums I don't believe anyone would know about this 37 day policy. After the fact sucks.\
    This would be very helpful I think. Another game I played would have inactive players lose their land/house if not online in a month or so to free up space, but...an email was always sent to the owner to warn them when time was almost up.

I'm so sorry Dimensions...I hope they can take another look at this for you and help you recover your items somehow (if they still exist and haven't been sold)
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

Champion

Since this is an automated policy I see no reason a few lines of code couldn't be added to send a form email to the guild leader of record at 30 days inactive. I understand the policy prevents orphan guilds but zero warning isn't right, seems easy to fix and wouldn't add any manpower to administer after the initial code change.

Telaran

2nd response:

GM Karruell (Trion Worlds)

Dec 29, 08:18 CST

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

I appreciate your patience while I reviewed the issue further, and can certainly understand any frustration this has caused. I will be more than happy to address this further for you. Unfortunately, after the guild leadership has passed to an active player we cannot give you back leadership, or invite you back into the guild if the new leader has removed you. I am truly very sorry as we do not intend to cause you any issues with this mechanic; however, we cannot bypass these in game mechanics to give you leadership back.

Sincerely,

GM Karruell

Trion Worlds Inc

The thing is.......is that if there was anyone else in the guild which I am not sure that there was anyone in the guild...but if there was it would of been level 1 alt's of a friend that used them for auction house checks that had 0 privaledges or rights in the guild. I mean 0. They couldn't even remove a single item from the bank or dimension if they wanted to. This is absurd. That someone with no rights in the guild to do anything in the guild at the lowest rank could somehow become guild master of my guild and have the rights to all my stuff without even letting me know.

Does anyone know how to check who members are of a guild? my guild is "The Dimensions Guild" on faeblight that I am now no longer in...I think may have been an alt of someone here on the forums and looks like all the stuff is still in the guild dim maybe I am not sure but most of it at least...I doubt I was "kicked out" of the guild.
    Last edited by Dimensions; 12-29-2016 at 10:57 AM.

Maybe in this case you could ask for a credit refund for all purchased dimension items? If you indeed bought them all with credits via the shop, you should at least be able to get a refund.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Maybe in this case you could ask for a credit refund for all purchased dimension items? If you indeed bought them all with credits via the shop, you should at least be able to get a refund.
    I said they could either return my guild or refund all my rift store purchases. They refused both.

I will be taking civil action if they refuse to do one of the 2. I mean its very simple to verify I was the only person active in the guild. Or just simply refund my purchases. Either or. I spent over 250 days at an average of a minimum of 4 hours a day if not more, over 1000 hours playing the game spending my time and money on something they could easily fix.

$2,000.00 is no joke. Would take 5 minutes for them to fix the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimensions View Post
    I said they could either return my guild or refund all my rift store purchases. They refused both.

I will be taking civil action if they refuse to do one of the 2. I mean its very simple to verify I was the only person active in the guild. Or just simply refund my purchases. Either or. I spent over 250 days at an average of a minimum of 4 hours a day if not more, over 1000 hours playing the game spending my time and money on something they could easily fix.

$2,000.00 is no joke. Would take 5 minutes for them to fix the issue.
    The problem with that is, the automatic promotion rule is indeed there and the fact that you didn't know about it (or couldn't log into the game within the necessary time frame, or trusted a guild storage instead of a personal one while having other people in the guild regardless of their status) isn't (legally) an excuse in this case. On the other hand, you did spend money buying the items and it has to be documented somewhere somehow. I could see why they cannot refund credits, but a refund of items doesn't look like something they wouldn't be able to do (since refunding items lost by accident happens often). So, I'd suggest you escalate the issue with the CS and ask them to refund the items, not the credits (since the policy is generally to never interfere with any guild drama).
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    On the other hand, you did spend money buying the items and it has to be documented somewhere somehow. I could see why they cannot refund credits, but a refund of items doesn't look like something they wouldn't be able to do (since refunding items lost by accident happens often). So, I'd suggest you escalate the issue with the CS and ask them to refund the items, not the credits (since the policy is generally to never interfere with any guild drama).
    I agree with Laeti, automatic promotion rule can't be undone as there would be enormous implications & backlash if they were to make an exception.

However, you spent 'considerable' $$ it would seem logical they could look into your account and verify what you purchased and I'd dare say, could even see you modified the guild dimension/placed majority of items in it, after all the game is their software/property and they should be able to verify this claim easily.

If they truly wanted to make right with customer I would think they would offer some type of compensation whether refund of items or giving you a dimension with your items you purchased in it...something. Seems like the focus of their response was solely centered on the whole guild promo thing which admittedly is crux of the issue, but I don't recall see anything pertaining to lose of your purchased dim items, so yeah I would pursue this further as mentioned.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcleros View Post
    I agree with Laeti, automatic promotion rule can't be undone as there would be enormous implications & backlash if they were to make an exception.
    The thing is, it looks like a precedent for doing this has already been set

Quote Originally Posted by Ysmyrlda View Post
    BTW. There is a danger here. This happened to me [us] in a great guild. Trion always considers the original guild creator the owner, no matter how long they may have been away from the game. Even if actual Leadership was changed by default. Said creator can come back to Rift at anytime, even yrs later, and simply submit a ticket and take the guild over again.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

if you are only person in the guild and log out for month or more... you will be removed and guild will be del.? or nothing gona happen since nobody else to be leader is there
    Last edited by TankGirl; 12-29-2016 at 05:32 PM.
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    POWER*LEVELING from x to 65 - pay with plat, rex or epic unstables - on EU and NA | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty arts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast