+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 44 of 44
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: ~~~Warning to all Dimension Lovers!~~~

  1. #31
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fomal View Post
    ....
    Unsure why you are demanding anything, this thread has gone as cordially as possible and is not anything to do with you or anybody really except the OP and Trion. Bringing issues like this to a public format doesn't mean it can/will be resolved this way. Everyone knows a customer service person does there job according to very strict protocols don't turn this nasty.

    Sorry to hear of this happening. I agree that a message of some kind or guideline stating the 30 day penalty for leadership should be more pronounced as it was much easier back in the day to find info like this but not so much 5 years later including a reminder that dimension ownership will change.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-04-2017 at 03:40 PM.

  2. #32
    Rift Disciple Fomal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Unsure why you are demanding anything, this thread has gone as cordially as possible and is not anything to do with you or anybody really except the OP and Trion. Bringing issues like this to a public format doesn't mean it can/will be resolved this way. Everyone knows a customer service person does there job according to very strict protocols don't turn this nasty.

    Sorry to hear of this happening. I agree that a message of some kind or guideline stating the 30 day penalty for leadership should be more pronounced as it was much easier back in the day to find info like this but not so much 5 years later including a reminder that dimension ownership will change.
    You are wrong, it also concerns me. Because I dont want to support an asocial game and a company who tolerates asocial players and treats costumers like they did in this case.

  3. #33
    Prophet of Telara Meowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,134

    Default

    If your dimension stuff is still in your guild dimension, then no one stole anything which means you could get it back. Try to contact your friends that has alts in that guild. Or look through your other alts.

    If that fails, try asking CS again to tell you the name of the new guild leader of that guild. I know this is frustrating but keep going, you might get your guild and in extension - all your dimension stuff back.
    Serale@Faeblight

  4. #34
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Just an update since people are still posting.

    No they have not even tried to help me at all.

    I logged back in today and still the same thing. I don't even see the guild in the guild search menu.

    It is showing that I am not in a guild and while my items are still in the guild dimension I have no way to access them or get back in the guild to gain access to them or know who is actually in the guild etc. I have no way to find out any of this information as they will do nothing to help me.

  5. #35
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fomal View Post
    You are wrong, it also concerns me. Because I dont want to support an asocial game and a company who tolerates asocial players and treats costumers like they did in this case.
    Please know how things work before being so accusatory. The leadership 30 Day handover is not unique, the dimension items part is.

    There would be nothing in place for this for customer service and might require further investigation for a more positive result which everyone else is encouraging and hoping for like we normally do in the Dimension community.

    If you also build dimensions you already know its not easy to trace dimension items for those who can let alone customer service who have no access to this tech. Its not personal, some things get learned along the way by all.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-05-2017 at 03:14 PM.

  6. #36
    Rift Disciple Fomal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Please know how things work before being so accusatory. The leadership 30 Day handover is not unique, the dimension items part is.

    There would be nothing in place for this for customer service and might require further investigation for a more positive result which everyone else is encouraging and hoping for like we normally do in the Dimension community.

    If you also build dimensions you already know its not easy to trace dimension items for those who can let alone customer service who have no access to this tech. Its not personal, some things get learned along the way by all.
    Just read the answer-mail they send him. For them its a "closed file". They didnt try to help him and they are also not interested in "further investigation". And we all know why. Because they have to order an emplyee to invest some time to get the information and this will maybe cost them something. And instead of getting active and investing 10$ to help him and increase the image of the company they send him a "Sorry and good luck" mail.

    Tomorrow I will contact the support about this case if Brasse is not able to give a comment here in the forums.

  7. #37
    Sword of Telara Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    887

    Default

    To be honest I do see where Fomal is coming from. Despite rules and regulations in place there is always room for decency as long as there is no backlash.

    Unfortunately Trion are the only ones who are able to decipher the reasons behind this occurrence; who owns the guild now, are they still active, would it be harmful to place him back in charge. We could keep speculating though at the end of the day the situation could well be irreversible for good reason and there's no reason why we should be informed of this.

    I think a case like this does warrant further investigation, particularly if what he says is true about spending so much on the game. And it is also true that Trion has responded in a very closed way (they often do due to financial reasons)

    The tone of both the original poster and Fomal is probably a 'tad' irrational, although its not completely uncalled for..
    Last edited by Refuge; 01-07-2017 at 01:41 PM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

  8. #38
    Plane Touched Quna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    To be honest I do see where Fomal is coming from. Despite rules and regulations in place there is always room for decency as long as there is no backlash.

    Unfortunately Trion are the only ones who are able to decipher the reasons behind this occurrence; who owns the guild now, are they still active, would it be harmful to place him back in charge. We could keep speculating though at the end of the day the situation could well be irreversible for good reason and there's no reason why we should be informed of this.

    I think a case like this does warrant further investigation, particularly if what he says is true about spending so much on the game. And it is also true that Trion has responded in a very closed way (they often do due to financial reasons)

    The tone of both the original poster and Fomal is probably a 'tad' irrational, although its not completely uncalled for..

    Actually, Fomal is being completely irrational, while OP is merely ignorant. As far as I know, all major MMOs have promotion systems in place for situations exactly like this, when a guild leader abandons his/her guild. "Abandonment" here is a purely technical term without intent, which is not logging in for a certain amount of time, and such systems exist to allow the guild as a whole to continue functioning without being held hostage by leader-created barriers (if anything, these systems have a "pro-social" purpose). OP didn't even know if there were other alts in his guild, which is the first misstep. Trion doesn't have to "decipher" the "reasons" behind this because it's an automated system with pretty straightforward variables: the reason is that OP didn't log in for a long period of time.

    The only possible fix is an automated communication that warns a guild leader prior to auto-promotion, and I agree with others that there should be one. However, history certainly informs us that there will always be players who never receive the email, whether that's true or not, so this situation will continue to happen across the MMO landscape with guild structures--and OP would have been SOL anyway. I think Trion could add something to the guild interface.

    It seems those against this general situation also fail to realize that rolling back an automated occurrence like this immediately opens a can of worms: Any leader can abandon their guild for a length of time, then claim to not have known the rule and then get their guild and/or stuff back to their ownership. Trion can't read the minds of such players to know that intent. A guild leader with others in their guild has a responsibility to lead, and having a personal guild with "maybe" other alts doesn't change that fact at the systemic level.

    Ignorantia legis neminem excusat.
    Last edited by Quna; 01-07-2017 at 02:10 PM.
    Faeblight dimensions: Dragontail Pond, Pirlfealle Tower (temporarily offline for renovation)

  9. #39
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    240

    Default

    This happened to me. My already were only guild members. Technical issues prevented log in. I lost everything. I had no idea this would happen. A common download error could not be resolved by support and I was forced to leave. Had I known about deletion I could have logged in for a second every month on although computer just to save guild.

    Irie

  10. #40
    Sword of Telara Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    ....
    The tad was in inverted commas for a reason ^^

    What I was trying to say is there may be some rare situations where this would be ok, hence my point about there being no backlash.

    For example; the guild is completely inactive, its the guys personal guild with a few irl mates or online mates who quite a long time ago, a few alts and a few random players still in it. In this situation the call for the demotion of a guild leader is not really needed (who knows why he was kicked as well). The guild is already dead.

    I'm not saying he wasn't a 'tad' stupid ;), but many players quite for a few months and many players don't know about the system.


    The problem with the OP is that he's sees a problem with the demoting system. There is nothing wrong with this system, as this would have just got him demoted and he would have got it back in the end. No, the OP got kicked, this is something completely different that he needs to investigate himself, UNLESS every person in the guild has been inactive for a long period of time then I don't see why Trion can't give it him back to him.

    Anyway if he knew people in that guild I don't see why he can't log them on and dissect the situation.. some Sherlock Holmes skills is required here.
    Last edited by Refuge; 01-07-2017 at 04:05 PM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

  11. #41
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Not open.

    But... if characters aren't deleted after inactivity, why are guilds? That's the part I don't get. No demotion. All guild member were on same account. It seems it would be easy to retreive.

  12. #42
    Rift Disciple BigBeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    Actually, Fomal is being completely irrational, while OP is merely ignorant. As far as I know, all major MMOs have promotion systems in place for situations exactly like this, when a guild leader abandons his/her guild. "Abandonment" here is a purely technical term without intent, which is not logging in for a certain amount of time, and such systems exist to allow the guild as a whole to continue functioning without being held hostage by leader-created barriers (if anything, these systems have a "pro-social" purpose).
    Ignorantia legis neminem excusat.
    When Path of Fire came out for GW2, I made a ticket to take over it and try to get it running again. They claimed to look into it and was going to contract the guild leader that hasn't longed on but once in 3 years. They never got back to me after that and I just let it drop. I also have alts in Age of Conan guild and the leader is still the leader and he stopped logging in when secret world started and is still the leader. Not all MMOs do this. Rift is the first one I heard of doing this.

  13. #43
    Champion NightShift1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    513

    Default I will fix if trion wont

    Here's what I have in mind ,

    My four storage dims are now yours
    I also have a guild that's now yours with full bank tabs ect
    The next step is getting you building again
    Second step is walking away from what can't be fixed and move on from there

    I have over 20000 building blocks and 8000 plus dim items
    All with your name on them .
    Odintia Amymone Sagie Tantalos Odinscloth Odininchains Odinsbelt Odinstunic OdinsHelm

    It has been Fun most of all a learning experience that i am sure will never end .
    Odin Tea Ah 2016.

  14. #44
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Sad that the GM only see the guild theme as reason for your ticket. I think it is more important that you get your financial damage refunded. In other games there is always a support if Items were stolen.
    Last edited by Maelya; 06-02-2018 at 08:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts