+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: ~~~Warning to all Dimension Lovers!~~~

Telaran

So your saying the original owner of the guild can get the guild back?

Doesn't seem that way from the responses I have gotten so far.

Also I purchased a level 18 guild from someone and then purchased a guild name change to what it is now. At that time I was the only person in the guild and then invited one of my alts and a couple friends shard alts. So even then I am not sure I could be helped

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dimensions View Post
    So your saying the original owner of the guild can get the guild back?
    I'm not sure myself, was just quoting what someone else said in the other thread. Sounds like it was possible at least at some stage.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Default typically you buy something you should be owner

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    I'm not sure myself, was just quoting what someone else said in the other thread. Sounds like it was possible at least at some stage.
    Considering that you have to purchase a Guild Charter from a Guild Charter Magistrate for 1 Plat, to me if I buy something I would consider myself the owner. Granted 1 Plat is not a lot but, nonetheless it was payment for making the guild. It would be interesting if there was only 1 person in guild what would happen after 37 days, one would assume nothing as there is no other player to promote.
    Some in-game should be crystal clear but... yeah

Ascendant

I will be taking civil action if they refuse to do one of the 2.
    Sorry to hear about your loss.

But taking civil action would be futile, and only loose you more money. In case you did not read the Terms of Use (which nobody does), you already agreed that nothing in game ever belongs to you, and that Trion can deny you access to anything in game whenever they want (that's nothing specific to Trion, you will find the same clause in all online games).

So regardless of how much you paid, nothing on the Trion servers belongs to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    (which nobody does)
    which is why most complaints about in-game stuff are usually a waste of time and could be prevented if people actually bothered reading them lmao

Either way, refunding items (not money) is something they've been doing multiple times when people lost/sold/destroyed their items by accident. Dimensions used their guild storage as a personal one which is - technically - not an accident; however other people kicking them from the guild and/or obtaining their items without a permission is an in-game scam and can be called for refunding (obviously, threats won't help here, but a thorough discussion with the CS would).
    Last edited by Laeti; 12-30-2016 at 08:13 AM.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Default hmm

so basically after the 37 days, they made another player leader...that happens a lot. as far as u getting booted from that guild, well thats on whoever was in that guild...being that you were gone for so long. It is a guild dim....so you put your trust into strangers that your stuff would be ok. as far as what u spent, we have all spent money on this stuff...trion isnt gonna pay you back. bottom line is, you may have spent all that money on this stuff, but unfortunately...its no longer worth that lol...nothing is rare anymore...its the trade we made as builders...take away rare items, in return give us access to everything. The stuff in question isnt gone....im looking at it right now...seems you should contact the new members and talk to them. but threatening trion isnt gonna get you anywhere lol....its not their fault. i know this isnt what you want to hear, but stuff like this happens....and sometimes it sucks lol, get ahold of the new members, ask for an invite...explain things...as far as i can see, everything u had is still in there. hope it works out for ya

Default not in the guild anymore?

it shows that you are still in that guild, you just lost leadership after 37 days. which im guessing the leader was the only one that had access to the guild dim, as far as moving items and taking stuff? im thinking that if there are no active people in this guild, that after 37 days, you would then be promoted back to lead?

Quote Originally Posted by TankGirl View Post
    if you are only person in the guild and log out for month or more... you will be removed and guild will be del.? or nothing gona happen since nobody else to be leader is there
    No, I suspect this leadership thing is to prevent a guild from being useless if the leaders disappear.
    It promotes the highest ranked member to leader when the current leader has been gone for more than 37 days.
    Nobody gets kicked automatically, so all kicking will be have been done by the new leaders

If the only character(s) in the guild is you, nothing will happen, except maybe some swapping of leadership between your alts if you didn't give them all the same rank

$2000 on dimensions? and that's all you do in Rift? Holy saggy boobs.
    Last edited by Jennybrae; 12-31-2016 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maegwynn View Post
    ...: don't use guild dimensions or guild vaults as personal storages, unless you are sure to be the only account in that guild, or just with people you trust.
    I agree it is disturbing to lose things that way. Because, it was your oversight that was the cause.

If you don't know that you know or can at least trust every person in your guild to not steal your stuff, and boot you out and you know you won't log on for 40 days, then don't allow anyone else to stay in your guild. write them a nice note saying why the guild is closing.

I really don't mean to be unsympathetic but the issue is not Trion's fault. The policy was there before you neglected to realize it would directly effect you and that you needed to take steps to prevent it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Frappenguy View Post
    I agree it is disturbing to lose things that way. Because, it was your oversight that was the cause.

If you don't know that you know or can at least trust every person in your guild to not steal your stuff, and boot you out and you know you won't log on for 40 days, then don't allow anyone else to stay in your guild. write them a nice note saying why the guild is closing.

I really don't mean to be unsympathetic but the issue is not Trion's fault. The policy was there before you neglected to realize it would directly effect you and that you needed to take steps to prevent it.
    I did not know of any such rule. It's cool I won't be spending another dime ever on a Trion product. It's cool. Good luck everyone.

Rift Disciple

I did not know of any such rule. It's cool I won't be spending another dime ever on a Trion product. It's cool. Good luck everyone.
    Sorry to hear of your loss but this has been a "feature" of Rift since late 2011 or so for the very reason others have stated regarding leaders who abandon their guild mates.

Rift Master

I am sorry to hear you lost everything. I have my own guild, because of this rule I make sure that no one is in my guild but me and my alts. I think that this rule is good for active guilds but it can suck if it is your own personal guild.

Can you not remember who all you invited? The game does not care if it is a lvl 1 or someone without privileges. It sees a guild with no leader and trickles down leadership of the guild for the remaining active players. When it happens you still stay guild leader as well, it just also gives it to someone else. So someone you invited to the guild got it then booted you.

It just appears too many people do not know about this rule. I think there should be several places to warn players. Maybe when you purchase the guild charter and at the top of guild rankings or something. Just so the information is out there better. I could be mistaken but the only place I have ever seen this information is via a webpage and most people (including me) would not do that kind of research when creating a guild.

But I do like the rule in general. It helps guilds when a guild leader just disappears and people who have helped build up the guild do not have to regroup and start over.

But I see your guild's dimension is still there, it has 3995/4000 items in it. Did they take items from it and replace it or is it still as you left it?

But it is sad when something like this happens since it is usually due to lack of information provide by trion to the players. I was thinking the other day that I had not seen you in quite sometime and wondered what happened to you. I would keep sending requests to CS every few weeks to see if the person who has control has been staying active. I do hope you can get everything worked out. I hate to see you quit, you have been able to get a great collection in such a short amount of time, it really was impressive.
    Last edited by Manasha; 01-01-2017 at 02:34 PM.

Are you sure you're not still in the guild lol?? According the Faragonx you still are.

I took leadership from a raiding guild after they quite the game and I logged back in after a few months. I then logged off again for a few months, lost it some other guy then gained it back after he went inactive again lol.

I ended up flushing out the guild bank as I knew no one would be using it.

Basically, if you're still in the guild then you'll get it back eventually, so be patient and keep logging in, also check if there is anyone else active within the guild, if there isn't, it will surely be yours after a few days. If there are people active then you clearly need to speak to them, it's not rocket science mate.

If you have been kicked out the guild and you said the guild was just of friends and alts then you need to do a bit of investigating. Wouldn't be surprised if you're still in it though..
    Fwob - Zaviel

I dont know this guy, because I play on EU shards but I got real angry about this. If its true what he is saying, he spent 2.000$ in your silly game and everything he gets now from you Trion is a "Sorry and good luck"? Are you kidding me?

I expect you to help him! But your copy&paste answer shows that you even not tried to do this. You think you are off the hook because you mentioned the 37 days rule somewhere in a 200 pages disclaimer?! No, because you also have a moral responsibility for your customers!

Brasse, where you, I demant a statement. Why do you tolerate and protect asocial beings who sell other peoples stuff in this game? Have you all lost your last piece of decency and moral in Austin Texas? How can you dare to write a costumer who spent 2k$ in your game a "Sorry and good luck" answer without moving a finger in attempt to help him?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast