Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Edany
  • 2 Post By Nuuli
  • 2 Post By Maegwynn
  • 1 Post By Edany
  • 1 Post By Laeti

Thread: A Horribly Noobish Question...

Default A Horribly Noobish Question...

I want to tour as many wonderful Dims as possible, but find that I cannot visit the ones I truly want to see without creating a puny lvl 1 alt - which cannot dish out the likes I so want to dish out!!!

Can we not visit Dims on other shards without being specifically invited??? And if not, WHY?? I do not understand this restriction, at all. We can shard hop so easily, so what's the deal with not being able to knock on our neighbor's door? :\
    Rift PvP from an undergeared player's perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4DKLqnyBAQ

I would guess to discourage exploiting the likes one can apply to their own dims. Create a toon for your a dim, delete and repeat.

I'm just guessing though.

Prophet of Telara

Very good question :-)

Personally, I dedicated one Saturday morning to level all my touring alts to 10, which takes only a few minutes... Depending on boosts between 10 and 20. But I'd love to be able to tour other shard's dimensions from my home shard too.

And while we are at it.... Why are there still regions? :-( I'd love to be able to talk to the wonderful dimension community on NA!
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch", several Collabs with different people - NEW: "The Headless Horseman" by Maegwynn, "Monkey Island 2", Collab on Chuliana, "Stuck at Rabbit's House (Alli)" on Jaodya

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    I would guess to discourage exploiting the likes one can apply to their own dims. Create a toon for your a dim, delete and repeat.

I'm just guessing though.
    I kiiiiiiiind of understand that... but I don't see what would be so difficult about restricting likes to your own account - 1 like per Dim, per account. Problem solved. Even if people were exploiting likes... so what? There isn't any fantastic reward that I'm aware of for getting them to make it worth doing. At most someone could create all the characters and level them up to 10 on every server in every slot they have, and would still get maybe 20 - 25 likes tops?

I just wish that the devs would reconsider this...
    Rift PvP from an undergeared player's perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4DKLqnyBAQ

RIFT Fan Site Operator DimensionDiva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maegwynn View Post
    Very good question :-)

Personally, I dedicated one Saturday morning to level all my touring alts to 10, which takes only a few minutes... Depending on boosts between 10 and 20. But I'd love to be able to tour other shard's dimensions from my home shard too.

And while we are at it.... Why are there still regions? :-( I'd love to be able to talk to the wonderful dimension community on NA!
    I have not done development in a while but I'm guessing the scope of work to combine regions and/or create a cross-region and cross-shard dimension search feature would be humongous. Combining the 2 DA chats might require a full-on merging of the regions but let's ask the Devs who come on the DTC Roadshow on 7/23 because it would be awesome to have everybody in one chat!
    Last edited by DimensionDiva; 06-27-2016 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Chronic OCD.

My wacky weird (and mostly old) dimensions are tagged (diva) on Wolfsbane, Zaviel,
    Brutwacht, and Gelidra. I love to visit dimensions, so please invite me to see yours!

I personally am very happy that there are still regions, but I have my own reasons (that are absolutely unrelated to the dim community).

As for visiting dims, of course it's not very convenient but it's too small of an issue to actually call it an issue. Levelling a toon to 10 is fast and easy; most people have muling toons already so having an alt on every shard is not a problem at all. Besides, if you think about it, you can actually give your favorite dimension more +1s if you get an invite and then go visit it on an alt as well.

I would imagine that besides the exploiting, there's tons of technical issues that might be preventing this from happening. Honestly I'd rather log on different shards every time I want to check my favorite builders' new creations than have a horrible lag because of region-wide dimension list or something like that.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

+ Reply to Thread