• 14 Post By Salvatrix
  • 3 Post By devanita
  • 6 Post By Salvatrix
  • 1 Post By devanita
  • 1 Post By Marnth
  • 3 Post By Keren of Redeemed
  • 3 Post By Javert
  • 1 Post By devanita

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Notice: Trove Music Box

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Default Notice: Trove Music Box

Just wanted to give warning that IF anyone is using the Trove Music Box in a decorative manner, that it's scaling is going to be changed in 3.7.

The current version that is Live is set to 5% of the size of the original art asset, but the dimension UI does not handle anything smaller than 30% well. The net result is that the object that is currently live has scaling widgets that are almost impossible to see tiny and even if they are managed to be selected, they pop the in-game scaling to 30% without allowing any further adjustment. So it's just broken. The only way to un-break it is to increase the default size of the object, which is what will happen in 3.7.

I am loathe to adjust scaling of dim objects already live in the game, but in this case it was not avoidable. As a music box, it hopefully has not been used too frequently in a visual capacity, but just in case, I wanted to give lots of warning.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Thanks for the warning! Is the team aware of the sound being broken on this item as well? The song only plays once, when you first put the item down, and doesn't loop or restart when you re-zone.
    Last edited by devanita; 06-21-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Dimensions on Faeblight by Holly * Hawthorn * Ivy

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by devanita View Post
    Thanks for the warning! Is the team aware of the sound being broken on this item as well? The song only plays once, when you first put the item down, and doesn't loop or restart when you re-zone.
    I was, at least, not aware. I will take a look this afternoon and see about getting that aspect fixed as well.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    I was, at least, not aware. I will take a look this afternoon and see about getting that aspect fixed as well.
    Awesome, thank you!

Plane Walker

Yes. Thank you

I will be affected by this change, but hopefully it can readjusted.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

Shadowlander

I remember being told by someone that it only played the melody once, when you got closer to it, to make it work like a music box you'd see sitting on a dresser or coffee table.
    And that its so small because of this as well. I love the melody though and have always wished that it would loop and and act like the other music boxes in the game. I haven't decided on what kind of dimension I'd build to fit its lovely melody but I've always wanted to try!
    Thank you for taking a look at it, and for the advance heads up on the size change so builders who have it in use can prepare

Thank you very much for the warning!

I must say that now I'm kind of curious at to what will happen to my lighthouse...

*laughs at the possibilities*
    Dimensions on Faeblight
    Rajmali: The Soggy Tissue (Gloamwood Glen), Raj's Study (Breach Chamber)
    Lachei: 55 Rue Plumet (Plaza Aurentine)
    Giorn: Tuldio Museum and Library (Edge of Infinity), Chateau Anju (Mathosian Cascades), Sea Breeze (Threesprings), Titan Arena (Shal Korva)

Quote Originally Posted by Javert View Post
    Thank you very much for the warning!

I must say that now I'm kind of curious at to what will happen to my lighthouse...

*laughs at the possibilities*
    Javert's Lighthouse: Now 99% more musical than previously!

Default Issue with Trove Music Box

I just got this music box and placed into one of my dims. As long as you are close up to the box you hear the music and it does now restart and loop, etc., however; go just a little ways from it and you hear nothing.
    I read that it was much smaller in size before and was used interactively to play just once (like a real music box would do). I wonder if this is also why you don't hear the music throughout the entire dim??
    I also tried adding the Trove Music Box to a dim with another box playing, but when I placed the Trove box in a room, I could hear BOTH playing in that room.
    I wonder if the devs can possibly make it so that the Trove Box is heard throughout the entire dim?

My trove music box works well, and i like the fact that the sound is just in a small area, it allows me to put many musics in one dim.

+ Reply to Thread