• 1 Post By Meowy
  • 7 Post By JaydedRIft
  • 3 Post By swordkata
  • 2 Post By Arwhen
  • 3 Post By polynomia
  • 2 Post By polynomia

Thread: The horryfying price for crafting planar dimension items

Default The horryfying price for crafting planar dimension items

I bought a few of the patterns for the planar crafting dimension items a long time ago, but the price and quantity of the mats needed means I cant make any of them.
    I feel that the mats should be drastically reduced as most of us currently cant afford to make even one of these dimension items, which is a shame.

For example 'Cloud Layer', which I would love to make, but the mats are:

1 Imperishable Wind
    35 dream ribbons (the only one that is actually OK)
    25 Impervious Vellum
    10 Endless Dust
    100 Imperishable Prismatic Mote (this one is just plain crazy!)
    10 essence of Reverie

The other items like crucia statue, Telluric crystal etc take slightly different mats, but still in the same very large/expensive quantities.

Please have a look at this so we can actually make these for our dimensions

Thank you

Poly

I agree, the items required for these seem rather excessive. I could understand having a small handful of very expensive recipes that use very rare components IF we had tons of regular recipes that used easier to acquire components. Seeing as we have relatively few recipes for dimension items, it would be great to see them be a more reasonably priced alternative to expensive cash shop or vendor items. Particularly for items that we would potentially want to use multiples of in a single dimension, such as the Telluric Crystals and Cubes.

Dimensions on Faeblight by Holly * Hawthorn * Ivy

I've bought them all, but only because I ran out of other stuff to buy, yet I have never crafted a single one, have no plans to craft any of them, as stated, too expensive for what you get in return.
    I gave up complaining, the fishing poles were the last straw, I knew after that the people who create these recipes have little regard for the players and how they are treated.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

Agreed. I think the need for 100 Imperishable Prismatic Mote to craft these recipes is too many.

Shadowlander

In addition to the high cost (in terms of materials) to make these items, they aren't even very large or "special." I waited for about 8 months saving up to make the Telluric Crystal only to find out that scaling it all the way up made it about the size of a medium sized rock. I can't tell you how many hours I wasted going from crafting rift to crafting rift. All for ONE of these. I have since made another (total of 2) and they barely cover a section of a wall.

After that I put the entire dimension I was building on hold. It gets expensive having to craft "Terrain Paint" in crazy quantities to cover Anywhere. I might get back to working in there... maybe not.

Still need to save up 15k just to get access to Callweddi.

Joys of building and decorating.

Quote Originally Posted by Alystria View Post
    In addition to the high cost (in terms of materials) to make these items, they aren't even very large or "special." I waited for about 8 months saving up to make the Telluric Crystal only to find out that scaling it all the way up made it about the size of a medium sized rock. I can't tell you how many hours I wasted going from crafting rift to crafting rift. All for ONE of these. I have since made another (total of 2) and they barely cover a section of a wall.
    It would be nice if the crystals and the cubes produced multiples per craft, like some of the building blocks we can make you get 3 per set of materials.

I get the high price for the recipe itself, but the mats required to make one single item are just ridiculous. I know very few people who actually bother; then there's those who only bother making those in order to put them on the AH for jacked up prices and watch dimensionerds' tears.

Of all the items we have in 'planar' crafting I only made one architect rock and that was it. I am certainly not spending crazy amounts of plat and time to craft one single item when any builder knows we often need a bunch of them. It's sad to see so many pretty things remain unused because of ridiculous mat requirements.

**I do however think the Red Curtains recipe (both its cost and the mat req) is a great step towards more accessible dimensional crafting, and I'm very thankful for that one. Planar crafting is not my thing and I won't be doing it unless it becomes somewhat dimensionerd friendly. It is unfortunate, but we can't have all the nice things.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

I have enough mats for 2 of these things for a while now but refuse to craft it because I have a vain hope they will reduce the mat cost soon enough.

That was 4 months ago :P

*now is considering making Laeti cry by crafting a crucia statue and selling it on her shard's AH for a jacked up price*
    Serale@Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy View Post

*now is considering making Laeti cry by crafting a crucia statue and selling it on her shard's AH for a jacked up price*
    Heh I don't really care for Crucia statues ;P
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Heh I don't really care for Crucia statues ;P
    Or *insert any other planar crafting recipes here!*
    Serale@Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    **I do however think the Red Curtains recipe (both its cost and the mat req) is a great step towards more accessible dimensional crafting, and I'm very thankful for that one. Planar crafting is not my thing and I won't be doing it unless it becomes somewhat dimensionerd friendly. It is unfortunate, but we can't have all the nice things.
    Agreed. I would love to see more player made dimension objects! (that don't cost an arm & a leg to make!)

General of Telara

I agree on the insanity of the high prices, especially since its been over a year these have been out, or close to that time frame.

Other than AH, you have to grind the CRIFTS, and as of a few months back they decreased the mote drop. Why is everything a grind just to build a dim?
    Korvac the conquerer.

I agree with what is said above. So many wasted opportunities because of the numbers (and thus cost) to produce a hallucinatory object. As the components have not been downgraded, I doubt seeing the planar crafts develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Arwhen View Post
    I agree with what is said above. So many wasted opportunities because of the numbers (and thus cost) to produce a hallucinatory object. As the components have not been downgraded, I doubt seeing the planar crafts develop.
    I am still full of hope and optimism that this was just overlooked, and anytime now a dev will swoop by and go: " Oh we missed that one, lets fix it "

aaany time now...

We are not asking for how and when, just some response that this has been read and taken into consideration would make us happy

+ Reply to Thread