+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Lynx3d
  • 2 Post By BlazingOctopus
  • 1 Post By Moonrain
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Moonrain

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: More Sky Projector Weirdness

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Default More Sky Projector Weirdness

This regards the Sunny Day Sky Projector. This particular bug (I'm guessing it's a bug, and if it's not, it's certainly very irritating), happens mostly when used in conjunction with the night hour T.o.D. items.

There seems to be a haze or fog that is only visible at certain camera angles, is what it boils down to. It was greatly pronounced with 10PM, 11PM, Midnight, 1AM, and 2AM ToD.

This is with a 1AM ToD:

More Sky Projector Weirdness-2016-06-05_213045.jpg

And with a 2AM:

More Sky Projector Weirdness-2016-06-05_213658.jpg

And with a 9PM: The fog is still there, but not as noticeable and my pine trees still look like pine trees instead of a film negative. Unfortunately, I want actual dark, not dusk.

More Sky Projector Weirdness-2016-06-05_214306.jpg

Sunny Sky is one of the few that gets dark and doesn't have an insane amount of ambient light coming from...somewhere, but the fog...

Multi-core is turned off (because with it on, sky projectors typically turn blazing red for me, especially when I'm touring or if I've been building for a while), dimension is Endless Eclipse.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

General of Telara

Yea I've already tried to explain it here that fog/haze is bugged and changes with camera angle:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5207894

It's been this way quite a while now, I think it first got to my attention shortly after Trion made the experimantal multicore public, someone in dimensionaddicts@deepwood complained why the fog in his Mathosian Cascades was bugged. I didn't notice it in mine, incidently because I had a sky projector no affected by it...but later found this issue pretty much everywhere when there's that distant haze effect.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

Default Weird Fog

We've been looking into this one, trying to get the fog to behave. No estimate on when it'll be fixed but it's on the list of things we'd like to make better.

General of Telara

Is there any news on the fog issue? I currently have a really nasty issue in all of droughtland (outside of lanterhook and other caves, at least). It looks like this:
    More Sky Projector Weirdness-oedland_nebelbug2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    This regards the Sunny Day Sky Projector. This particular bug (I'm guessing it's a bug, and if it's not, it's certainly very irritating), happens mostly when used in conjunction with the night hour T.o.D. items.

There seems to be a haze or fog that is only visible at certain camera angles, is what it boils down to. It was greatly pronounced with 10PM, 11PM, Midnight, 1AM, and 2AM ToD.

This is with a 1AM ToD:

Attachment 28243

And with a 2AM:

Attachment 28244

And with a 9PM: The fog is still there, but not as noticeable and my pine trees still look like pine trees instead of a film negative. Unfortunately, I want actual dark, not dusk.

Attachment 28245

Sunny Sky is one of the few that gets dark and doesn't have an insane amount of ambient light coming from...somewhere, but the fog...

Multi-core is turned off (because with it on, sky projectors typically turn blazing red for me, especially when I'm touring or if I've been building for a while), dimension is Endless Eclipse.
    Sorry to hear about the fog issues and all, but I reeeeally want to see that particular dim you have screen shotted. That whole piney woods thing is super really for reals my cup of tea!!
    **Bank Access** is a dimension created to help fellow Rifters and is found on every NA shard. Deposit, withdraw, craft and parse at anytime in a serene and peaceful setting!
    Ravenfaire-Gothess@hailol. Dims: Greenwood, Argh You Ready, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle by the Sea

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrain View Post
    Sorry to hear about the fog issues and all, but I reeeeally want to see that particular dim you have screen shotted. That whole piney woods thing is super really for reals my cup of tea!!
    Hehe, thanks. That build is under my alt Damanor, it's called Blue Creek Cabin, on Greybriar. It got caught up in the Greywood Plank snafu a few weeks ago, and other projects have kept me from getting in there and fixing it back up, but it's on the list! It is open, though.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Thanks for the info! *cracks knuckles* Welp. Time to get to work. I got some +1ing to do!
    **Bank Access** is a dimension created to help fellow Rifters and is found on every NA shard. Deposit, withdraw, craft and parse at anytime in a serene and peaceful setting!
    Ravenfaire-Gothess@hailol. Dims: Greenwood, Argh You Ready, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle by the Sea

General of Telara

I'm not 100% sure yet, but it looks like it is fixed on PTS, I haven't noticed any weird fog changes when turning the camera yet.

I just wish Trion wouldn't stop backporting such fixes to live half a year before a new expansion...

+ Reply to Thread