+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nouvae

Thread: Dimensional Artifacts

Default Dimensional Artifacts

Do the dimensional artifacts respawn or gone forever if picked up?

I Rift, therefore I am.

Telaran

I would assume they would respawn once the person who picked them up leaves the dimension.

These items need a re-work bad as we have so many unique 40 items already and these each count towards that cap. This item should be re-designed to not be on the 40 unique list, or each artifacts "item" provides 10 artifacts counting as 1 item, considering these are very expensive items to use in comparison to the other unique items.

Or...wait for it...Increase the item cap all together and make everyone in this forum so happy. lol
    Last edited by Dimensions; 06-02-2016 at 01:24 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonk View Post
    Do the dimensional artifacts respawn or gone forever if picked up?

They are gone forever, it's a consumable buff (you can see the stacks in your buff bar).

IMO, they're a very niche item that has some limited applications, and not something you'd want to use all the time--maybe for hosting an event in your dimension or something--because they're also pretty expensive for a buff that's just for looks.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    They are gone forever, it's a consumable buff (you can see the stacks in your buff bar).
    Oh they changed it? bummer

When I tried placing some a while back, the actual artifact item where still there when turning on edit mode and could be picked up again. Thought it was pretty neat that people could only pick it up once, until you picked them all up and placed them again.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polynomia View Post
    Oh they changed it? bummer

When I tried placing some a while back, the actual artifact item where still there when turning on edit mode and could be picked up again. Thought it was pretty neat that people could only pick it up once, until you picked them all up and placed them again.
    I only used them on the PTS, and they disappeared for me completely. Granted, I didn't play with them a lot. I still have a bunch on PTS, maybe I can try to confirm after work today.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Based on my experience with these on PTS (and I double checked today), the artifacts do not disappear forever. When you are out of edit mode and select the artifacts, they do disappear from your sight and give you the buff. However, if you leave the dimension and return, you see the artifacts once more since the buffs are cleared. Also, if you click the edit button while in the dimension (with the buffs on your character), you can still interact with the blue "diamonds" of each item - so no, they don't go away forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldsprite View Post
    Based on my experience with these on PTS (and I double checked today), the artifacts do not disappear forever. When you are out of edit mode and select the artifacts, they do disappear from your sight and give you the buff. However, if you leave the dimension and return, you see the artifacts once more since the buffs are cleared. Also, if you click the edit button while in the dimension (with the buffs on your character), you can still interact with the blue "diamonds" of each item - so no, they don't go away forever.
    ya, the leave temporarily. once you leave and return, so do they

When I played with these on PTS, they were sparkling again the next day when I came back, and I could interact with them in edit mode after they were collected.

These are going to be so fun for scavenger hunts, such a great idea!

Thanks for the help! I thought they were a bit expensive if consumed and did not respawn, but as described... sold!

I Rift, therefore I am.

+ Reply to Thread