+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By BlazingOctopus

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Some dim items dont seem to phase correctly or otherwise appear correctly

Soulwalker

Default Some dim items dont seem to phase correctly or otherwise appear correctly

I've noticed for quite awhile now that many banner dim items I try to put in my dimensions show up, but when the cloth part of it moves, it starts to constantly fade to black, then back to the correct colors and then back to black. Similarly, pustules, pustule clumps and rated dim items turn up as completely white. As a relevant side-note, some decoration parts in Tarken Glacier in the opwn world appear as all black as well. Is there a fix to this? If I remember correctly this all started to happen after a patch awhile ago, I've just been thinking it was some graphics glitch, but it has been this way for me for a long time now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Some dim items dont seem to phase correctly or otherwise appear correctly-20160601_220946.jpg  

I'm not sure about the fix to that but for anyone who might know how to help it would be really nice if you gave some info about your computer stats and in-game video settings. Some graphic bugs are only there because of certain combinations of graphic card settings and in-game video settings. Sometimes it's also different when you switch the full screen on\off.

Good luck!
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

Can I get the item name of one (or more) of the ones giving you trouble? Can check a few things on the rendering end.

This image posted here looks like the Nightfall Banner, not sure.

I have had experience with the Hailol Leaf Banner and the Hailol Goblet Banner turning a darker color too.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

Yes, Nightfall Banner all right. Thanks.

General of Telara

While I haven't seen them all black, there is someting that annoys me about all those banners (aswell as elevators btw.), their shadows only update when the sun (moon) position updates, which is like two or three times per second only. So they regularly cast shadows on themselves, and of course the shadow animation is choppy like hell.
    The Carnival Pennant would be some extreme example.
    Funny thing is, when you're in edit mode and have it selected, the shadow renders smoothly...
    Last edited by Lynx3d; 06-02-2016 at 12:52 PM.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

There was an issue with the black artifacting on some banners but only on the LQ renderer. It'll be fixed in an upcoming update, but we had to remove the swaying. (only on LQ renderer)

+ Reply to Thread