+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dimensional Particle effects

Telaran

Default Dimensional Particle effects

They're broken again, major. Have had people on different rigs checked. Seriously I want this to be fixed because dimming is a MAJOR part of my rift time and if I can't get it to work properly then what is the point? Get fires to work, get lighting to work, get spell effects to work.. This is outside dims too.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Moriartykicks View Post
    Get fires to work, get lighting to work, get spell effects to work.. This is outside dims too.
    Totally aware of some broken-ness and we're actually trying to figure some of these issues out. Some of it is likely time-of-day system related, other issues due to vfx draw distances and vfx performance controls meant to keep fps up by limiting particle count.

The latter is probably the hardest to deal with for dimensions in particular.

The names of any dimension items you're having issues with would be really useful, items which (as you mentioned in another thread) have stopped glowing as expected, for instance.

A quick note, if there's more than one time of day item in your dimension, they may "compete" inconsistently and cause things to glow or turn off in a way you don't want. Not that this is your issue, but may be something to check.

Some projectors cause light effects to go on and off for no reasons, but it's been this way since forever. I've had Autumn Harvest skybox in Vengeful Sky for example and the lights would go off once I'm at some distance from them (and light up again once I'm close). I've also seen this just a few days ago working in Dolcega Valley with Always Sunny Day skybox - the lights would just go off sometimes even at a close distance (the dim itself is small, and my workspace is the size of the pool). I don't use any ToD items because they're glitchy, I'm also running multicore and custom High settings (cloaks turned off, fullscreen fx turned off). The dim in Vengeful Sky I mentioned was made looong before multicore was introduced though.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

General of Telara

I've seen lights going on and off when moving too recently, I think it was in Wonk's "Citadel of Fire & Ice" dimension.

Also somewhat related to this topic, one bug that annoys me a lot has to do with fog. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, I've seen it in the DTC streams too. Depending on your orientation, haze rises above the distant scenery as you turn the camera upwards. Here's an example where you see it very clearly due to the high ceiling:
    Dimensional Particle effects-fog_bug.jpg
    I'm looking straight up facing east. If I turn south, it's all foggy like on the right, if I turn north it is all clear like on the left, all while looking at the same ceiling area.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

The angle-changing fog problem is known and should be fixed in a future update. Not sure the top of the trees fogging is the same as the angle issue, though. That's a little tougher.

+ Reply to Thread