+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestion: Building Blocks

Default Suggestion: Building Blocks

I know this is a subject that has been brought up before, including within the current Official Ongoing Dimension Request List and the list before that one, but I have not seen those requests addressed directly and feel that it is a big enough priority to revisit separately. While the newer recolored marble tiles and upcoming pastel limestone tiles are wonderful additions, we could still REALLY use recolored options of our existing wood and stone tiles, as well as finishing out the missing plank and sphere options for the existing sets (Greystone, Greenstone, Greywood and Wood Beam textures are all missing much-requested plank options; spheres in the painted wood textures have been mentioned on several request lists as well.)

Some suggestions:
    -Recolors of the current Painted Wood tiles in white, black
    -Recolors of the current Greywood tiles in warm oak, Mahogany and dark wood, or use the mahogany texture from the mahogany bookcases available in-game and dark wood texture from the Wood Corner posts available in-game
    -Recolors of the current Brown Brick tiles in grey, brick red, white
    -Recolors of Limestone in neutral shades that mimic stucco or adobe, beige, tan, black
    -Recolors of Roof pieces in grey, black, adobe, and possibly making these into building block tiles rather than premade pieces

And finally, while on the subject of building blocks, please consider making the glass and water tiles from the anniversary event available year-round in the cash shop. These are items that many of us would use in multiples in each dimension that we build, meaning a steady stream of revenue for you guys and happy building for us guys

Dimensions on Faeblight by Holly * Hawthorn * Ivy

Quote Originally Posted by devanita View Post
    I know this is a subject that has been brought up before, including within the current Official Ongoing Dimension Request List and the list before that one, but I have not seen those requests addressed directly and feel that it is a big enough priority to revisit separately. While the newer recolored marble tiles and upcoming pastel limestone tiles are wonderful additions, we could still REALLY use recolored options of our existing wood and stone tiles, as well as finishing out the missing plank and sphere options for the existing sets (Greystone, Greenstone, Greywood and Wood Beam textures are all missing much-requested plank options; spheres in the painted wood textures have been mentioned on several request lists as well.)

Some suggestions:
    -Recolors of the current Greywood tiles in warm oak, Mahogany and dark wood, or use the mahogany texture from the mahogany bookcases available in-game and dark wood texture from the Wood Corner posts available in-game
    -Recolors of Limestone in neutral shades that mimic stucco or adobe, beige, tan, black
    -Recolors of Roof pieces in grey, black, adobe, and possibly making these into building block tiles rather than premade pieces

And finally, while on the subject of building blocks, please consider making the glass and water tiles from the anniversary event available year-round in the cash shop. These are items that many of us would use in multiples in each dimension that we build, meaning a steady stream of revenue for you guys and happy building for us guys
    iirc limestone recolors are in the work, just no ETA yet.

With you on the whole list, as much as I love and appreciate adding disc shapes to current building blocks, I'd still love to see some new colors (marble tiles from Calweddi make me really really happy;)).

I'd totally take a glass\water lockbox as long as it has a fixed number of item types (like, 5 tiles, 5 rectangles, 5 cubes etc).
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

yes to all of this
    Naerhya@Greybriar, Anaemeah@Greybriar Anaetta@Greybriar Zanae@Greybriar Rhyaetta@Greybriar and Jhasta@Greybriar

https://twitter.com/NaerhyaRift?lang=en

Some suggestions:

Loving all these ideas! I'm looking forward to more variety and choices of building blocks. Yes to all, please.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Some suggestions:
    Yes to all of these. We as a community have asked for new building blocks for so long and "soon™" is not much of a response when that's been said for over a year.

There have been no new building blocks since the 2.3 update, unless you count specialty blocks that are either not available for purchase now, or are in an RNG lockbox, which really isn't an acceptable solution when someone might use 1500 cubes in a single dimension.

NPCs and other specialty items are all well and good, but those are one off things. You can make literally anything from building blocks (just ask Arwhen, he made the Statue of Liberty).

I'm only speaking for myself, but I'd really like some new blocks that I can just pop open the shop and buy by the stack (or 2 stacks, or 3 stacks, which is how it usually ends up working out).

I'm not writing code, but it seems like many of the options listed above should be fairly easy to produce, since they're recolors of existing blocks.

In addition to neutral Limetone and the pastel limestones that were pictured a while back, I'd also like to request limestone in more primary colors like red, blue, dark brown, gray, etc. (not pastel, but darker and more vibrant).

And I know this is often treated as some sort of joke or meme, but greywood planks really do need to make an appearance. My level of frustration from trying to line up rectangles to simulate a plank has simply grown to the point where it's moving toward actual anger, and that's silly for a video game. Along with those, the painted wood spheres, and missing shapes from other block types would be greatly appreciated, as was also stated above.
    Last edited by Feendish; 05-19-2016 at 01:43 PM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

I'm very excited to hear that the Greywood and Wood Beam sets will be receiving their missing pole/plank/sphere options soon! Fingers crossed that this is just the tip of the building block iceberg, it would be heaven to have some more realistic colors and textures to build with!

Please, please, please take Feendish's advice and put things like building blocks (I would love to include ice/water/glass/trove/etc items) in the store as items that can be purchased in stacks -- just like other building blocks.

I would be much more likely to spend hard earned plat and credits purchased with real American dollars (not plat purchased REX credits) to buy these items if I can be guaranteed to receive the number I need to build something within a reasonable price range. RNG scratchers or outrageously priced (credit only) versions like the rugs/curtains/pillows are not something to which I would become addicted.

And you want me to become addicted!

Please use the existing pricing model for current building blocks as a guide.

Oh, I had another suggestion for building blocks...

Can we get some pearly looking spheres? Like the ones that are part of the Atragarian Chandelier. They'd be more iridescent than the Roulette Balls. Like so:

Thank you for the new building blocks! finishing off greywood & wood beam .. new limestone pastels coming soon. /cheer

Introducing new building blocks on a regular basis, throughout the year, would be very beneficial to Rift Dimensions, new building blocks sparks more creativity and inspiration to build new things, it keeps those who are constantly building dimensions from getting bored. I know I sound like a broken record... I'm sorry...but please consider adding them more often as it would make so many people happy
    Last edited by Nouvae; 05-26-2016 at 09:02 AM.

Default Metal blocks

Can we add different colored metal blocks to the list? I'd love to see copper, various types of iron, gold, silver, etc. Some riveted, some not. Some with a patina or rust. Some not. Whatever keeps it interesting.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bridgestew View Post
    Can we add different colored metal blocks to the list? I'd love to see copper, various types of iron, gold, silver, etc. Some riveted, some not. Some with a patina or rust. Some not. Whatever keeps it interesting.

Thanks!
    +1 to all of these!
    I LOVE this idea, I was just wishing we had black metal building blocks similar to the iron posts that we have currently.

+1 to all of these!
    I LOVE this idea, I was just wishing we had black metal building blocks similar to the iron posts that we have currently.
    I thought of it when i was staring at an Achyati Ogre pot. I would love to see a blackish metal to morph that into something interesting. That's when I realized I want a lot more metal types, too.

I am kinda greedy like that.

Add my +1 to these ideas!

Oh, and the new mode settable water blocks are terrific and got me to thinking about expanding the use of the idea: how about making the old blocks settable for whether or not they are terrain-paintable?

Or how about corner stairs that switch from right turn to left turn with a right click?

Would be also great to have rectangle, pole, disc, triangle, plank, cube and sphere avalaible with calweddi's colors.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

Default Pesky octopus...

Swims past, whistling... again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast