• 7 Post By Laeti
  • 3 Post By Lynx3d
  • 2 Post By xcal1
  • 3 Post By Maelya
  • 1 Post By Frappenguy

Thread: System removed Innkeeper and building in one move

Rift Chaser

Default System removed Innkeeper and building in one move

I set an Innkeeper in my long-time-built dimension. It was difficult to adjust him and I selected him over "Item List", to prevent, that I select the wrong Item.
    I had 100% selected the Innkeeper and clicked 1x 5 for remove.
    The system removed in one move the Innkeeper and the building.
    This is a bug and not my fault.

I asked for help, but your customer service wrote: Sorry, we canīt help.

Iīm really disappointed, because my dimension is destroyed now. I canīt adjust the Item in the old way. This would need hours and something like that is very frustrating.

Sometimes, due to some weird Rift sorcery, even if you select an item via the item list (to be sure you've selected the one you need), it somehow also selects another item or two. It is really a bug, but they really can't do anything if you already picked the item up. It's technically impossible.

One thing I'd suggest to avoid things like this happening is to install the Tinker Tools addon - it always shows if you have more than 1 item selected, and you can also remove all selections by pressing just one 'x' button. Note that you might not always see if you have selected more than one item without this addon.

As for picking up buildings - since it happens way more often than you might think - there is one 'hack' you can use (also requires addon), after you place the building and adjust it the way you want, save it as a set. Then if you remove it by accident, you can always load the set and check the 'load at original location' box.
    If you don't want to use any dim addons, just make sure you have a sort of "corner" in the building, a spot you can use to line the walls/size up, like a corner of bookcases, or a sofa, or something like this.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Rift Chaser

Thank you, Laeti.
    Unfortunately is the damage already done and this through no fault of mine.
    I have always supported the game, but I have the impression that we donīt get supported in return. I have built so long in this dimension and have no idea, how I should repair this now. There was dimension objects in the building, under the building and I had outside all around so many objects adjusted. It is really disappointing that one receive only a standard reply from the customer service in such a case. After this yesterdayīs incident I had no desire to log-on again. I take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
    Thank you, Laeti. :sadhug:
    Unfortunately is the damage already done and this through no fault of mine.
    I have always supported the game, but I have the impression that we donīt get supported in return. I have built so long in this dimension and have no idea, how I should repair this now. There was dimension objects in the building, under the building and I had outside all around so many objects adjusted. It is really disappointing that one receive only a standard reply from the customer service in such a case. After this yesterdayīs incident I had no desire to log-on again. I take a break.:frown2:
    For what it's worth, it's not really in their power to restore objects in dimensions with all the adjustments you made, after picking it up. So, they're not lazy or just unwilling to help - there's really nothing they can do in this case.

If it's any consolation, we all have done it at some point, most of us - quiet a few times. Not only have I picked up buildings but even wrapped up whole dimensions by mistake, so I know exactly how frustrating that feels. Unfortunately, there is no way to lock items at this point. Knowing some tips might help in future, I hope you'll feel better soon and start building again :)
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

General of Telara

Maybe Tinker Tools can help you reconstruct the position, at least if you hadn't scaled the house, then it will be really tricky.
    The offset calc can for example help you determine the offset between old new reference points so floor height etc. can be restored. Rotation possibly can be reconstructed from some wall, floor or furniture you had aligned with the building.

I have recently had the same kind of issue. I was decorating the upper part of Sanctuary of Rebirth, placing and removing items, until... poof, I was back on the ground.

Luckily I had some very carefully placed items of which I knew how they fit into the building, so I could use those as reference points when placing it back. Using Tinker Tools' move window set to relative and using small values I was able to get it back into position.

On another occasion I had built a cave using the Ashora rocks by rotating and moving them about. One of the rocks got selected when I was cleaning up, so I ended up destroying the cave. Unfortunately I was unable to get the rock back into place as I had no idea how it was rotated. I ended up covering the hole it had created, with 2 items instead of the original 1.

So, some items are relatively easy to put back, others are not. As an alternative to a full back up, you could use Tinker Tools' Load/Save Set functionality. It will allow you to capture items and make copies of them, but it can also be used to find out how a certain item was placed so it might be easier to restore.

You might also want to have look at Dimension Snapshot.
    -- xcal

Rift Chaser

Thumbs up Problem solved

I found further news to my ticket in my Mailbox. My problem was solved. Another GM had checked the situation and had restored my dimension. Thank you very much to the GM (Ticket 614947).
    Iīm very glad to have my restored dimension back. Iīm so happy and glad about your help.
    Thank you also for your answers here and the tips.

Rift Chaser

Default My problem was solved but some dimensionitems were unfortunately removed

My problem was solved but some dimensionitems were unfortunately removed. I hadnīt noticed anything unusual (at least, were more than 900 objects) after the GM restored my dimension. I was only thankful that a gm repaired the bug. Short after that incident I made a break and returned now and noticed the loss of some Items.

I miss from the Hotfix Earth Charity Bundle some animals:
    1x Lamb
    1x Cow
    1x Deer
    1x Trenton
    1x Sheep

Also the Items from the Hailol Brewing Artifact set are absent:
    1x Wine Press
    1x Satyrīs Tree-Keg
    1x Wine Barrel

I searched immediately by all my charakters, all dimensions / move boxes, all banks and bags. Then I wrote a ticket and received an answer with the tip to check the above things. I could confirm this. I was asked to look over again. So I searched over again. All together I needed a lot of time to search and write. The things are away and I cannot postbuy them or substitute.

I assume, that the gm made a data backup and removed mistakenly these objects, because I also noticed that (puzzle) Gurg summoning components are again in my dimension. They were removed out of my inventory after I completed the quest.

I got the impression that my ticket is in work, because I was asked to name the missing parts. But now I suddenly received the answer, that they couldnīt help me after 6 month.

I bought the Hotfix-Earth bundle because of the animals!
    Now I lost the animals because of a bug and because I didnīt immediately noticed the loss of some objects in this big dimension - itīs my fault?
    Last edited by Maelya; 11-17-2016 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    One thing I'd suggest to avoid things like this happening is to install the Tinker Tools addon - it always shows if you have more than 1 item selected, and you can also remove all selections by pressing just one 'x' button. Note that you might not always see if you have selected more than one item without this addon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
    Thank you, Laeti.
    ...I have always supported the game, but I have the impression that we donīt get supported in return. I have built so long in this dimension and have no idea, how I should repair this now. ... After this yesterdayīs incident I had no desire to log-on again. I take a break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    For what it's worth, it's not really in their power to restore objects in dimensions with all the adjustments you made, after picking it up. So, they're not lazy or just unwilling to help - there's really nothing they can do in this case.

If it's any consolation, we all have done it at some point, most of us - quiet a few times. Not only have I picked up buildings but even wrapped up whole dimensions by mistake, so I know exactly how frustrating that feels. Unfortunately, there is no way to lock items at this point. Knowing some tips might help in future, I hope you'll feel better soon and start building again
    Likewise. We've all done it and I certainly understand frustration with customer service. (search my cs posts, if you like) I also know the feeling about being so frustrated with the game that you don't even want to log back on. I take days off, often especially around any kind of event launch time.

All of the stuff they are dealing with post release of an xpac I am surprised they responded to you at all yet, let alone applied a "fix". I know you don't want to hear this but you need to go ahead and give it some time and then take up the issue if it's still bugged and your items are still missing in two weeks.

Rift Chaser

yes, thanks for your reply. I was so frustrated that I had a break. That was in May. Now, I came back and noticed the missing Items. That is why I wrote with the new subject Nr.#8 in my old thread.

if one takes it exactly, they havenīt really dealt in my last case (again). The GM only instructed me to look over and over again (make a list with the missing parts etc.) and then another GM wrote me, everything is too late.

In other games it is even possible to transfer old quest items from over 8 years into a new system. But here it is not possible to trace back the last ticket and purchase of the earth bundle. And that the gurg components were copied again in my dimension also donīt bother the gm. It seems to be easier to write: It is too late.
    Last edited by Maelya; 11-17-2016 at 11:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread