+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By Baelger
  • 3 Post By Artewig
  • 8 Post By Salvatrix
  • 1 Post By Salvatrix

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Annoying green name plates...

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    81

    Default Annoying green name plates...

    Don't know how often this was already said...but once again...pls pls pls Trion REMOVE those terrible and annoying name plates above the interactive dimension items - especially those above the NPCs and creatures.

    It destroys any atmosphere...trying to build a living world is hard enough with that few animated or moving animals/creatures/NPCs and the name plates make them feel misplaced in a otherwise coherent surrounding.

    PLEEEEASE...

  2. #2
    Ascendant Laeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baelger View Post
    Don't know how often this was already said...but once again...pls pls pls Trion REMOVE those terrible and annoying name plates above the interactive dimension items - especially those above the NPCs and creatures.

    It destroys any atmosphere...trying to build a living world is hard enough with that few animated or moving animals/creatures/NPCs and the name plates make them feel misplaced in a otherwise coherent surrounding.

    PLEEEEASE...
    I'm not sure so that's just off the top of my head - do the nameplates stay if you disable them in your game settings?
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    81

    Default Name plates...

    You're right, they don't...but the question is...how many players/visitors have them disabled?

    In fact...the name plates are unnecessary as far as it concerns dimension items/creatures.

    Imagine the fact, that your build looks great without the plates and your first visitor catches the "nice" impression with the plates.
    Therefore i think they could be removed without any loss...

  4. #4
    Ascendant Laeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baelger View Post
    You're right, they don't...but the question is...how many players/visitors have them disabled?

    In fact...the name plates are unnecessary as far as it concerns dimension items/creatures.

    Imagine the fact, that your build looks great without the plates and your first visitor catches the "nice" impression with the plates.
    Therefore i think they could be removed without any loss...
    Agreed, just suggested a possible 'workaround' for anyone who doesn't want them in their dims.

    I'd also prefer interactives to lose their nameplates, I'm sure anyone could tell a cat from a defiant guard without them.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    I'm sure anyone could tell a cat from a defiant guard without them.
    I don't know... Some cat owners dress their cats in pretty strange outfits...
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  6. #6
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    967

    Default

    Now that you say it, I never really noticed NPCs inside dimension don't support the "smart name display", i.e. only show name when they're below the mouse cursor, nor is it consistent.
    NPCs like Orphiel or Baby Gump always show the name, the Guffin however never shows the name until you target it...that's weird.

    And quite honestly, I'd like a keybinding for showing/hiding all names like Lotro has.
    Shift+V only seems to toggle the health bar settings, not the "plain" name display.

  7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    I just made a quick pass through the dimension NPCs that I am aware of, and flagged them all to not display their names (unless they are moused over or selected).

    This change should show up in the next hotfix. If I missed any after the next patch releases, let me know which ones and I'll fix them as well.

  8. #8
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Nouvae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    I just made a quick pass through the dimension NPCs that I am aware of, and flagged them all to not display their names (unless they are moused over or selected).

    This change should show up in the next hotfix. If I missed any after the next patch releases, let me know which ones and I'll fix them as well.
    /cheer ... thank you

  9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    QA managed to find a couple that I missed already - Arethea and Sleeping Draumheim Residents. So those will get cleaned up in a near future patch. I full expect there are a few others that'll slip through the cracks as well, but I am also sure y'all will let us know.

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    81

    Default yehaw...

    Thank you so much Tacitus

    Great Service

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    You mean these nameplates?

    Annoying green name plates...-nameplates.jpg

    I never payed attention before, but after seeing this thread I just noticed these two still show their names, while others don't.

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    81

    Default

    As the Boglings are new items i suppose they did not yet benefit from the changes, but yes...i especially mean them...

    And the treants...well finally all the creatures and NPCs...cause a build feels much more real and living without a green name above the residents

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    Looks like Orphiel and Boglings were already in the patch, as of today the name plates are gone

  14. #14
    Shield of Telara Aeryle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    799

    Default

    I don't like this change.

    I want nameplate back for my NPC...
    Last edited by Aeryle; 05-02-2016 at 08:22 AM.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

  15. #15
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    967

    Default

    Aeryle, that's easy, just disable the "smart name display" that hides name of NPCs you can't interact with (i.e. that are not quest givers, vendors etc.), then the green names always show and not only if you move the mouse cursor over them.

    I like the new way.

    Btw. the male Scoundrel Guard also slipped through the first pass, will check again after the coming hotfix.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts