+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Mind Boggles quest bugged my dimension

Rift Disciple

Default The Mind Boggles quest bugged my dimension

I was trying to solve the puzzle, and I picked up all the quest items. However there appears to be one left, I can target it, but I can't pick it up because it's not there. As you can see the item count in my dimension (762/760) is also incorrect. The correct item count is 753/760, and this shows up if I relog. Relogging between attempts has gotten old, so I will try this again later.

General of Telara

The Item count is weird, I'll have a closer look next time I do it.
    But I don't quite understand why you can't pick it up "because it's not there"...both the normal dimension tool bar and the item list show the icon to pick it up. So do you get an error message or what't the problem?

Also I think it is intended that the objects you need to put on the altar only show up when placed correctly, otherwise you only see the "blue diamond", because that is the actual dimension item, technically speaking. The visible item is basically spawned by the blue diamond, the only new thing is that it must meet certain conditions for the spawn (in contrast to other dimension NPCs for example).

General of Telara

Okay just did it the second time, the item count is indeed not updating correctly, it doesn't increase until you modify the gargyls and stays when you pick them up again.
    Though after placing a "normal" item after I was done corrected the item count. No idea how you were able to get over the item limit, but maybe that's intended that these items don't count towards the limit, and that could be the reason why the update is quirky.

Rift Disciple

The items DO count towards the item limit (whether this is intended or not). When I began the quest the dimension was at 459/460 and I had to pick up a number of items to be able to do the quest. Then I picked everything up and the count was showing 459/460, so I relogged. Things looked OK (753/760), so I attempted the quest again and that's when this happened.

If you look at the chat window, I am getting a message "Could not find item in dimension" even though the item is there and targeted, and according to the dimension item list it's one of the quest items. I was attempting to remove all the items so I could start over, and that process bugged. The item count was often wrong; having the display show 762/760 was the most obvious evidence of that.

The game is not correctly keeping track of the dimension item count especially when quest items are repeatedly placed and removed. Relogging resets the item count to the correct number, but the problem recurs when I attempt the quest again.

I'd like the items, so I don't want to give up and do the alternate quest.

The uploaded copy of the screenshot isn't the best, I can upload a clearer (but larger) one if anyone really needs it.
    Last edited by mashata; 04-15-2016 at 06:17 AM.

General of Telara

Ah so you do get an error, I can't read the text in that screenshot unfortunately...

Only idea I have is to abandon the quest and accept it again, that will get you a fresh set of items (I was stupid enough after taking too long the first try and not realizing they were still placed and just invisible...), and try with another dimension that has enough space before you put anything down.

For the bugged dimension, I guess only the support guys can help you with that, if it doesn't clear up by itself eventually.

Rift Disciple

I was able to complete the quest using the suggestions in General Discussion/mind boggles spoily if you haven't already tried quest (spoiler alert).

Note that many of the tips there also indicate bugs in their dimensions regarding the count of quest items.

I used a different dimension, which started out at item count 107/315, and ended at 114/315, and was still 114/315 when I was done picking up all the quest items. (7 items? does the quest guy count?) The dimension item count was correct on relog. All but one of the "normal" items were in the moving crate.

+ Reply to Thread