+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By kaymcleod
  • 1 Post By swordkata
  • 1 Post By Maelya
  • 2 Post By Feendish

Thread: Pavlov's dog didn't get her treat...

Default Pavlov's dog didn't get her treat...

No event grab bags for dimensions.....and the tears are flowing!

Because I knew my time was going to limited to farm event currency for Carnival (we are in the process of moving), I scrimped/saved/farmed plat to buy 3 REX over the past month so I would have enough credits to satisfy my grab bag addiction....and all for naught. Plus, aside from that gorgeous cake (!!), there are no new items (WRONG: see edit below)

Trion has trained this puppy very well over the past year but I didn't get my Scooby Snack

It's all good - I'm really not complaining here. I just had to laugh at myself for feeling so despondent for a few minutes there. Funny how we come to expect things.

Edit: I considerably cheered myself up with the NEW ARCHITECT ITEMS that can be crafted. Thank you so much, Kit, for bringing these to our attention. There are 7 new items in total, made by a variety of skills, and they are all very interesting. The more I looked at them, the more I liked them. And there are actually Prisoners in the Prison, haha.

Again, this post was more a reflection on our expectations than a complaint. Enjoy the Carnival!
    Last edited by kaymcleod; 04-13-2016 at 04:11 PM.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

General of Telara

Becareful of sounding negative, as you may get a stalker breathing down your neck. and yes, I was disappointed there were no grab bags either. Not surprised, just disappointed.

At least there is the Bogling from the quest and the new Dim key.
    Korvac the conquerer.

Rift Chaser

The Bogling is cute, but the Dim is ugly.

Apart from this is there nothing new for me, that I can buy with event currency. The only new things are for credits only. And I already pay for subscription. I am disappointed.

Rex costs actually more than 7500 Platin(EU). Maybe I log-on tomorrow for the Bogling.

General of Telara

So the Architect dimension recipes are credits only and none for actual Dream Weaver? And if you don't have the other professions maxed out, you have to depend on the AH? Let hear it for Trion logic
    Last edited by swordkata; 04-13-2016 at 07:43 PM.
    Korvac the conquerer.

I did think it a bit odd that there was nothing for DW.

Maybe someone remembers exactly what Mort (?) or someone else said about upcoming changes for DW... ?
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaymcleod View Post
    I did think it a bit odd that there was nothing for DW.

Maybe someone remembers exactly what Mort (?) or someone else said about upcoming changes for DW... ?
    Perhaps the new recipes are because we've asked for the other professions to get recipes for dimensions items--like they used to, as all professions can make some building blocks and a few other items--and not just for DW.

The credit price was neither painful nor really surprising. What got me were the SL mats and Coruscating Shards (good thing I have a plentiful supply of VS, since a crafting mat is 6k stones when an NT dimension item is 300, max). Even that, I suppose, makes sense if these items are intended to match The Spawn Pit, which was from an SL raid.

There is one thing I'm really happy about with the new items, particularly the Architect Pillar, that has that awesome base--there's an underside. The new trend has been for items to come out only with a top side, which really limits those items for what they can be used for.

What I would like to see is a Teleportation platform without all the swirly stuff, because those particle effects are very limiting, IMO. The underside of that platform is gorgeous and I'd love to use it in bulk, but not with all the swirly crap.

As far as lockboxes go, I generally despise any sort of dimension lockbox, because they are NOT worth the cost (this includes the scratchers, because I can never get what I specifically want, and paying 315 credits for 1 pillow is no alternative and is flat out ridiculous). However, the Fae Yule boxes WERE worth the cost, so I was actually kind of disappointed about no event boxes this go round as well (I can't even believe I'm writing that). But...the money I'd set aside for lockboxes instead went to wings, so I guess it evens out.
    Last edited by Feendish; 04-14-2016 at 07:04 AM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

General of Telara

Now on a positive side of the Architect Dim items(Positive? Somewhere a stalker is smiling). I love the items. They even sell on Laethy's(Although incredibly expensive) in the AH.

The teleporter, wall, Base, Doors.prision, lamp, etc.. All awesome. So Alien in nature. Great visual job Dev's.

Luckily my wife has the professions I don't, so her credits went to good use. Coruscating shards, thankfully can be bought with VS, which since they are pretty useless anywhere else, comes in handy.
    Korvac the conquerer.

+ Reply to Thread