+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Feendish

Thread: Issue's with Conquest sky Projector

Default Issue's with Conquest sky Projector

Hello everyone, I really could use some help with the conquest sky projector. I recently pvped my butt off to get it and now its just not working in my dim......

I have read on many dimension websites including the DTC that this projector should accent all the natural lights in dims including the Temple of the Abandoned's huge glorious stained glass window that is upstairs. However when I put it down it does not project the window image to the floor as I read it is supposed to do...??

Also I find the lighting rather offish, I thought it was supposed to be dark, but it has a sorta black garden projector look and feel to it..?

Any ideas what could be the issue? I appreciate any help,
    Last edited by MissGreen; 04-12-2016 at 08:49 PM.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

The projector picks out the light in the stained glass window, but I don't think I've ever seen it cast on the floor, no matter what projector was used, and if I might have written anything to the contrary on DTC, then I certainly do apologize.

I did see an article I did on ToA over 2 years ago (holy crap, has it really been that long?!?) where the big window is projected on the floor, but I think that may also be the Dreamweaving crafted Stained Glass Projection. Once I've had some sleep, I'll go revisit those dimensions if they still exist and see if that's the case and what projector was used.

Or, it could be a bug, and I would really suggest submitting an in game bug report to go with the forum post.

A while back, they did fix some shader issues with the other dark projectors (space, starry night, nightmare saga), and perhaps Conquest fell into that group, though I can't imagine why it would, since it's a totally different sky box template.

What it should do is make a lot of the existing foliage, or added trees/plants, really pop, especially if they're golden, cherry trees or green and blue-green. Another thing it should do is throw a pink-ish cast on everything, including building blocks.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Thanks Feendish,for all your help, I am really trying to bring out the natural beauty of this place, thanks for looking into it also. I am just still unsure of it, and it is casting a pinkish tint to it all but not really making a major difference in colors as far as what you listed it should be doing... I have logged in and out and took all dim times out , which by the way also create many different glitches, when I set a 2 or 4am, it only works in the place you place it ..so if you go in and out of a dim this constantly changes for some dims, It isn't only mine. I have seen this in others, so it could be my xfx card or something , not sure?
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    Thanks Feendish,for all your help, I am really trying to bring out the natural beauty of this place, thanks for looking into it also. I am just still unsure of it, and it is casting a pinkish tint to it all but not really making a major difference in colors as far as what you listed it should be doing... I have logged in and out and took all dim times out , which by the way also create many different glitches, when I set a 2 or 4am, it only works in the place you place it ..so if you go in and out of a dim this constantly changes for some dims, It isn't only mine. I have seen this in others, so it could be my xfx card or something , not sure?
    It might be, but I would still suggest a bug report.

I'm standing in a ToA on Faeblight as I write this with a Conquest Sky and a 2pm ToD in it. There is indeed a shadow of the window projection on the floor in the upstairs part, and no DW items used to make the projection. It could be the ToD they used to build the dimension, or some other factor. I'm sorry I'm not more helpful on this one, Conquest is not one of my favorite projectors and nearly every time I try to use Temple of the Abandoned, I draw a blank on what to do with it.

Maybe also a screenshot, to better see the issue?
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread