+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Laeti

Thread: A giant came in while I was gone and kicked things around

Soulwalker

Default A giant came in while I was gone and kicked things around

So, after a week of annoying math and tedious construction, I logged on this morning to see that my dimension was just wrecked while I was sleeping. Some items gone entirely, others moved around (scrambled). Basically a whole week worth of work just completely screwed up.

I'm the only one able to access it.

Has this happened to any of you? Will my Trion ticket actually fix anything, or am I about to get a "We're very sorry about your blablabla tough luck" response?

I'm using Dimension Toolbox. Do I have to actually "save sets" of the whole thing?? God that'll be an annoying project. I don't even know how that function works.

Advice?

Are you sure there is no one else that has access to this dim? Is it personal or guild?
    Are you sure your account is safe and no one could access it while you were afk?
    These are the 1st things you need to check before taking any steps.

There was a bug a while ago that made the dims messed up completely, like the base structures disappearing, items floating around etc - but it was fixed. Unless something triggered it again (like the fix to guild dim access for example), it shouldn't be the issue anymore.

Normally they should be able to look into logs and see what happened exactly. Just don't forget it's weekend and you might not get an immediate reply. Submit a report ticket via Glyph page or just via email support@trionworlds.com, add as much info as possible to make it easier, be nice, and I'm sure they'll do everything they can to help you.

Edit: and yes, saving sets if they're original and you wouldn't want to lose them is a great idea. Maybe not everything but at least those that you feel like using again in future. It's not a must, just makes your life much easier with every build ;)
    Last edited by Laeti; 04-09-2016 at 08:11 AM.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Are you sure there is no one else that has access to this dim? Is it personal or guild?
    Are you sure your account is safe and etc etc ;)
    Personal dimension.
    Locked down- only my toon can go in there right now.
    Just my wife and I here at the house.
    Have authenticator security and no coin lock.
    Yeah, got a GM ticket in.

And it's really weird. I'm basically making a huge ring of Ashora mountainside pieces, then planning to build a cone to construct a mountain. The NW quadrant of the ring's just gone, and the south east part of the ring has become a straight line pointing west (whaaaat?). Makes no sense.

I'm using Mathosian Cascades- is the dimension itself buggy?

(thanks for taking the time to reply, btw. I really appreciate it)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCanoe View Post
    Personal dimension.
    Locked down- only my toon can go in there right now.
    Just my wife and I here at the house.
    Have authenticator security and no coin lock.
    Yeah, got a GM ticket in.

And it's really weird. I'm basically making a huge ring of Ashora mountainside pieces, then planning to build a cone to construct a mountain. The NW quadrant of the ring's just gone, and the south east part of the ring has become a straight line pointing west (whaaaat?). Makes no sense.

I'm using Mathosian Cascades- is the dimension itself buggy?

(thanks for taking the time to reply, btw. I really appreciate it)
    I don't remember MC being buggy really. From what I know, all the old bugs that certain keys had have been removed.

One more thing that comes to mind is that dim items may (and usually do) act weird when you put them outside the green wall or on its border. I remember building my Three Springs when I had to surround the area with ashoran mountains to get rid of the views (I needed to turn it into a sandy dimension, so all the greenery and trees outside the border didn't really make sense lol), so I put most of the mountains slightly outside the green wall (to save the building space), and when I logged in the next day they weren't where I dropped them, instead they were inside the border rotated randomly. So there's that.

If it's not the case - just ask the CS to go through the logs, so they could see what actually happened in the dim. Make sure you provide the dim owner name&shard, the dim's name&base key, and - if possible - the time when you last logged in before the crappity happened.

Feel free to ask any questions and share, we're here to help :)
    Last edited by Laeti; 04-09-2016 at 12:56 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    I don't remember MC being buggy really. From what I know, all the old bugs that certain keys had have been removed.

One more thing that comes to mind is that dim items may (and usually do) act weird when you put them outside the green wall or on its border. I remember building my Three Springs when I had to surround the area with ashoran mountains to get rid of the views (I needed to turn it into a sandy dimension, so all the greenery and trees outside the border didn't really make sense lol), so I put most of the mountains slightly outside the green wall (to save the building space), and when I logged in the next day they weren't where I dropped them, instead they were inside the border rotated randomly. So there's that.

If it's not the case - just ask the CS to go through the logs, so they could see what actually happened in the dim. Make sure you provide the dim owner name&shard, the dim's name&base key, and - if possible - the time when you last logged in before the crappity happened.

Feel free to ask any questions and share, we're here to help
    Actually, I bet this is exactly what happened. I was making sure that the ... "moving tool" in the middle of the item was inside the wall, but the outside of the object (huge mountainside item) was outside to give me more interior space.
    Crap.
    Does this same problem happen when the object is sticking into the ground?? I hope not

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCanoe View Post
    Actually, I bet this is exactly what happened. I was making sure that the ... "moving tool" in the middle of the item was inside the wall, but the outside of the object (huge mountainside item) was outside to give me more interior space.
    Crap.
    Does this same problem happen when the object is sticking into the ground?? I hope not:(
    No, it doesn't:) You can sink items into the ground all you want, it doesn't work the way green wall works (the ground of the dim isn't the actual border, in fact you can even get under the ground in some dims).

Thing is, placing objects outside the green wall (instance border) may cause issues server-side, so I'm not sure if it's just a bug or a random mechanic, or it's actually the game's way of telling you "tsk tsk don't do dat". For me, just placing items so that the most part is inside with only a small part of it sticking "outside" was the solution.

+ Reply to Thread