Like Tree15Likes
  • 5 Post By kaymcleod
  • 2 Post By krug
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 2 Post By Laeti
  • 2 Post By krug
  • 2 Post By Wonk
  • 1 Post By BlackDahlia45

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Thank you for including a "Dim Quest" with Carnival....

Default Thank you for including a "Dim Quest" with Carnival....

I read in the PTS forum that part of a Carnival quest line involves placing statues in a dimension (I have no idea what the details are, but for this post, they are unimportant).

Why am I glad about this?

I believe a fair amount of players are either ignorant of what dimensions really are and the incredible potential they have or figure they are a non-acheeve/fluff portion of the game and not necessary in the grand scheme of things. I felt this way once - it took me years to "find" dimensions and only got involved when my guild got high enough to purchase one and we decided to play around. BOOM, my playstyle was changed for ever.

My hope is that this portion of the quest line will force people to interact with a dimension, perhaps for the first time (not counting the initial quest in the starting areas). They might be reminded that "player housing" exists in this game, and it can be very, very rewarding.

THEN they will all rush willy-nilly to the AH to buy the crap-ton (metric crap-ton EU) of dimension items I have listed....and YOU have listed....and maybe I won't have to re-list that Whitebark Snag for the 100th time

At any rate, good move Devs, and a step in the right direction to integrate dims into regular game play.
    LIVE: Boudicah (67), Ceridwynn (65), Gwenllyan (62), Iceniqueen (42), and Prasutagus (50) @Wolfsbane

PRIME: Boudicah (50), Prasutagus (32)
    Please visit my dimensions on Prime by searching Boudicah

I agree, thank you for the dimension quest

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

You're very welcome, though, hopefully, you'll still be happy with it once it goes live! Interactable items can be quirky to manipulate inside dimensions, so we'll see how it goes. It's a little different than some other quests we've done, but at least there's Another Option if it's too different!

General of Telara

Just did the dimension quest, was a bit confused at first, and dont really know what's up with the 5min time limit (at first I thought the items disappeared, so I re-accepted the quest only to find i have everything twice now), but after a closer look at the altar I finally saw the obvious and it worked pretty nicely.
    Not half as annoying as getting the 3 mount prototypes through tempest bay, seriously

Though one question, are the non-interactive versions of the gargoyle statues we get as reward supposed to have a default scale of 0.3?
    I was already afraid they were that tiny too, until I noticed how much I could scale them up. Never saw an item that has a default scale != 1.0 when you place them...

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

Glad the puzzle wasn't too puzzling!

Yes, those items are meant to be small. They're meant to be similar to those used in the quest, so I scaled them down. I believe there's an existing gargoyle statue that's full-sized, though I'm not sure how that's acquired.

General of Telara

I see, and yes they seem to have the same size as the interactive ones when placed, only that this is not actually their normal scale.

Quote Originally Posted by krug View Post
    I believe there's an existing gargoyle statue that's full-sized, though I'm not sure how that's acquired.
    There is, according to dimensionaddicts it is from guild quests. It is without green smoke, AFAIK.
    Last edited by Lynx3d; 04-14-2016 at 04:29 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

It was very nice to see a dimension quest added...The challenge was finding a personal dimension that had some item limit left to add the pieces...
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Yes the gargoyle statues are from Guild weekly boxes, I have so many still stored away as they dropped for my Guild as often as the new lockboxes do

Managed to find a screenie of two in situ in our Guild Dimension cheering on the Festive season at the time

I can only add a HUGE thank you for making a dimension quest and for making a Bogling npc the reward for it! They're incredibly cute and I'm really happy they're indeed a store unlock (which also means I can have an army of these cuties now yay!).

When I built the Cozy Cottage entry I wasn't sure if I should add any npcs in there but look how happy he is in his new little home :D

Thank you for including a "Dim Quest" with Carnival....-2016-04-15_212903.jpg

Thank you for including a "Dim Quest" with Carnival....-2016-04-15_213035.jpg

Thank you for including a "Dim Quest" with Carnival....-2016-04-15_213111.jpg
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Wow, he looks a lot nicer in your dimension than the one I tested it in! Congratulations on your new buddy!

My bogling got his own hut with some questionable neighbors, but he seems at home! My gargoyles guard many dimensions... love the spooky look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thank you for including a "Dim Quest" with Carnival....-2016-04-17_080922.jpg   Thank you for including a "Dim Quest" with Carnival....-2016-04-17_081129.jpg   Thank you for including a "Dim Quest" with Carnival....-2016-04-17_081200.jpg  
    I Rift, therefore I am.

I really enjoyed this quest. Was very happy with the bogling and gargoyle statues for prizes. They look great in my dim Thank you!!
    Last edited by BlackDahlia45; 04-18-2016 at 01:51 AM.

Telaran

If only we can increase that (40) cap now ;)

It was a very good quest.

The quest NPC's are now for sale in the store, unlocked if you completed the carnival event quest line, look in Dimensions ---> Interactive.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

+ Reply to Thread