Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Laeti
  • 1 Post By Innate Nobility
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Amielle
  • 2 Post By Shadana

Thread: Dimension Advice!

Default Dimension Advice!

I've been stocking up dimension items to create something along the lines of "Hailol meets Realm of the Fae" for my Mage (whom is female), so I was wondering if you creative people have any advice for a large and ideally mostly flat land that has neutral ground foliage to match with that kind of theme in mind.

I'm considering two dimension keys already: "Anywhere," and "Tempest Island" due to their open air environment as well as green fields. Another one I'm considering is Mathosian Cascades, but what do you think?

One thing I really wish we could have is a ground customization, since Hailol itself has this dusky pinkish-purple kind of soil under the hedges, trees, and flowers. In advance, thank you to anyone who replies.
    Andrin@Faeblight, Elisabette@Faeblight
    Patrizio@Faeblight, Ashelea@Faeblight
    Katarzina@Faeblight, Mariliel@Faeblight

Heya! Personally I think TI is a very good choice for what you have in mind, it has a good item limit and really nice base environment for a Hailol/Fae theme. If you have a touring alt on Laethys, you're welcome to check my Tol Miriel build, it's inspired by elven theme and also has some Hailol-ish touches. If you get some new ideas touring it, I'll be happy.

MC is another cool option, mostly for the two swimmable pools if you need deep water (TI only has like two small spots with swimmable water).

Anywhere, altho with a good item limit, might consume more items than those two because you'd need to morph everything including terrain and water, and if you want to use the whole area, that might leave you short of the item count to morph structures.

Besides the ones you listed, I'd say Black Garden is a very cool choice for a Fae theme. It already has some cute faerie-ish structures, the atmosphere, and flat levelled ground. The ugly death spine thing in the middle (default entry point) is probably its only downside, but if you move the entry point and cover it with huge rocks or trees, you won't even know it's there.

Make sure to have a tour of the dims on your shard or others, especially if they have similar themes - it's always very helpful to see how other people manage the space in certain dims and might give you lots of new ideas to work with.

Also, don't forget that no matter which key you choose, you can always use dreamweaver lights and skyboxes to create this pink-ish magical atmosphere (for example, Black Garden sky projector + violet lights would change the colors of base dimension completely, so if you have those keys collected - just zone in each of them and drop down the projector & some lights to see the effect).

Happy building!
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Heya! Personally I think TI is a very good choice for what you have in mind, it has a good item limit and really nice base environment for a Hailol/Fae theme. If you have a touring alt on Laethys, you're welcome to check my Tol Miriel build, it's inspired by elven theme and also has some Hailol-ish touches. If you get some new ideas touring it, I'll be happy.

MC is another cool option, mostly for the two swimmable pools if you need deep water (TI only has like two small spots with swimmable water).

Anywhere, altho with a good item limit, might consume more items than those two because you'd need to morph everything including terrain and water, and if you want to use the whole area, that might leave you short of the item count to morph structures.

Besides the ones you listed, I'd say Black Garden is a very cool choice for a Fae theme. It already has some cute faerie-ish structures, the atmosphere, and flat levelled ground. The ugly death spine thing in the middle (default entry point) is probably its only downside, but if you move the entry point and cover it with huge rocks or trees, you won't even know it's there.

Make sure to have a tour of the dims on your shard or others, especially if they have similar themes - it's always very helpful to see how other people manage the space in certain dims and might give you lots of new ideas to work with.

Also, don't forget that no matter which key you choose, you can always use dreamweaver lights and skyboxes to create this pink-ish magical atmosphere (for example, Black Garden sky projector + violet lights would change the colors of base dimension completely, so if you have those keys collected - just zone in each of them and drop down the projector & some lights to see the effect).

Happy building!
    That's actually really good advice! I'll look into it after my nap, I'm really excited now to test what you mentioned about dreamweaver lights and skyboxes. I was kind of leaning towards Tempest Island to begin with due to the water, but Mathosian Cascades is also good for the large pools as you said. Definitely going to do some more research. Thank you for your advice!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Any of those keys would be good for a Fae-ish theme, and I'd also add Moonshade Pools to that list due to the waterfalls.

There are any number of fairy dimensions out there, on every single shard. I highly recommend touring not only Wolfsbane, but Deepwood (Kitasia does some amazing fairy themed stuff, as does Muriell and many others), Laethys and Faeblight.

If you haven't already, I would also suggest joining dimensionaddicts@deepwood on NA cluster (dimensionaddicts@zaviel if you happen to make an alt on EU), so that way in case you can't make an alt for whatever reason, you can ask for invites and there will be some that will be happy to help you out with an invite--plus it's a good way to get some questions answered without forum delay.
    Last edited by Feendish; 04-07-2016 at 08:08 AM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    Any of those keys would be good for a Fae-ish theme, and I'd also add Moonshade Pools to that list due to the waterfalls.

There are any number of fairy dimensions out there, on every single shard. I highly recommend touring not only Wolfsbane, but Deepwood (Kitasia does some amazing fairy themed stuff, as does Muriell and many others), Laethys and Faeblight.

If you haven't already, I would also suggest joining dimensionaddicts@deepwood on NA cluster (dimensionaddicts@zaviel if you happen to make an alt on EU), so that way in case you can't make an alt for whatever reason, you can ask for invites and there will be some that will be happy to help you out with an invite--plus it's a good way to get some questions answered without forum delay.
    It was pretty amazing from what I saw, I'm also familiar with Kiasia's YouTube channel and her work in-game. She's very talented.

Oh! Oh! I made a fae-ish Anywhere if you are ever curious about it, the ground covering pain is real though! (I made it back when mathosian cascade wasnt there yet, I would definately chose that one if i was to be doing it again)

Amy's Faerie Oasis - Amielle@hailol

(I know we are only a few bunch of crazy dimension lovers on hailol)
    Last edited by Amielle; 04-08-2016 at 08:54 AM.

Ami's oasis is a must visit for sure! It is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Amielle View Post
    Oh! Oh! I made a fae-ish Anywhere if you are ever curious about it, the ground covering pain is real though! (I made it back when mathosian cascade wasnt there yet, I would definately chose that one if i was to be doing it again)

Amy's Faerie Oasis - Amielle@hailol

(I know we are only a few bunch of crazy dimension lovers on hailol)
    I will check it out today. I love the fae items for this game, but they are very difficult to find on my shard's auction house for sure, they add a lot of character to an already fae themed dimension when you can obtain them. I considered using the Anywhere dimension but the dirt ground poses a threat. I wish we had the option to change the entire terrain of a ground.

I've been working on my Mage's fae themed dimension but the grass in Mathosian Cascades can be overwhelming. Of course this can easily be solved by using groundrazers, but sometimes I think a trimming of grass is better than eliminating it entirely.

Using the Spring Day Sky Projector, it completely changes the coolness of Mathosian Cascades to a much warmer look, increasing the saturation for brightly colored dimension items threefold. I'd recommend trying it out sometime if you have a spare dimension slot, it's a great dimension for the twin bodies of water and a lot of building space. The only challenge is the grass, but that can be overcome.

Groundrazer mushrooms tend to bug out, especially if you have other vfx items in the dim (like a skybox, terrain paints and so on). One simple solution would be building structures on a foundation a bit above the ground to cover the grass with it. You'd still have lush greenery where you need it, but you won't have to deal with grass sticking out of unexpected places.

Also, AH isn't the only way - if you join a dimension channel (dimensionaddicts@deepwood for NA or dimensionaddicts@zaviel for EU), there's always people willing to share or trade you items you need. If you need the trophy items from the RoTF dungeon achieve, you can also trade them for COD with anyone on your shard who has them (I'm sure if you ask in the channel, you'll find a dimmer with unlocked chieve who would send you those at cost).
    Last edited by Laeti; 04-09-2016 at 05:54 AM.

Default About [Giant Mushroom Cap]s

I know these are very Fae, but how would one use these if they have no stem? I imagine you stack them but I don't know what to do to embellish them. Any advice?

Prophet of Telara

you can find a few fae items in the shop under dimension->trophies (you need to complete an artifact set for them or achievements, I'm not sure - or maybe you know someone who can buy them)... those flowery things you can also see in the black garden. you can find them if you tag "realm of twisted dreams" in the trophies tab.
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch" - NEW: Schlumpfhausen-The Smurfs (Alli), owner guild Schlumpftastisch

Quote Originally Posted by Innate Nobility View Post
    I know these are very Fae, but how would one use these if they have no stem? I imagine you stack them but I don't know what to do to embellish them. Any advice?
    Depends on what you want to use them for. They can make good pathways around trees if you're building a treehouse, or roofs/floors, or just decorations if you scale them down.

If you're looking for mushrooms that look like mushrooms, there's an item called [Fissured Deathcap], you can find them on AH or in minion boxes. They're pretty and their caps spread particles in the air.

There's also [Redknob Deathcap]s - they don't have vfx but they have a really pretty 'undercap' - I usually sink them partially into the body of the tree as if they're growing on it, and lift so you could see that blu-ish undercap, it looks very faerie like and sweet:)
    Last edited by Laeti; 04-11-2016 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    Depends on what you want to use them for. They can make good pathways around trees if you're building a treehouse, or roofs/floors, or just decorations if you scale them down.
    That's actually a really good idea. I can possibly make some small huts for the would-be fae that reside in the dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Innate Nobility View Post
    That's actually a really good idea. I can possibly make some small huts for the would-be fae that reside in the dimension.
    Here's just a random example of how well those caps can merge into a faerie-like environment: http://www.dimensiongallery.com/rift...os-si-by-lils/

They can be really great for a magical atmosphere ;)
    Happy building;)

Shadowlander

i ve choosen Stonefield Tavern for my feendish/elvish themed dim. alas its on Brutwacht EU - if you want to have a look at it its called "Tavern of the lost Fae" owner Malefizia (a bit Tolkien inspiered). I love to toy around with plants and Water (and of course i love to create fountains).
    I used many Cherry trees - they would also fit a hailol themed dim.

+ Reply to Thread